Author Topic: OOC - Cold Secrets  (Read 20936 times)

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Re: Cold Secrets Discussion
Posted Sep 02 2013, 09:40 AM
It's been long enough, I went ahead and posted in Cold Secrets. Feel free to have any of your characters run into mine, either of you. Or they could even wake up in the same station, it's up to you.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Cold Secrets Discussion
Posted Mar 01 2014, 11:34 AM
So I read Cold Secrets up to this point. Talk about a slow moving RP... Anyway, I just wanna note a couple things:

- All the equipment and especially the food would've had to be in some sort of cryo storage too. Except the Twinkies, I'm sure they are just fine. But any of the other things, like coffee, peanuts, etc. would've needed to be frozen, because even long-lasting things aren't going to survive 300 years.

- The moon really isn't that cold, comparatively speaking. But I suppose it could only be early winter.

- If it is a moon, you guys may want to make it more apparent that the gravity is much lighter. So far it's only been noted briefly, but none of the characters have really reacted to its effects. Also, remember to account the sizes of what you think Eden and this moon are, along with their respective mass, as this will effect gravity and their orbits. It's hard to imagine a big, heavy moon orbiting a planet that isn't much bigger than its moon.

And so, another note is that I may consider joining later on, because I thought up an idea after rereading everything here. But it'd kind of hinge on what you guys want done with the other side of the ship.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Cold Secrets Discussion
Posted Mar 01 2014, 11:59 AM
For the food, that's how I assumed it was, hopefully I didn't slip up and say otherwise.

As for the moon being cold, it's actually day time in the summer or fall at the moment :P

And gravity... I'll hand that one to you, I completely forgot about it.

Yes, it has been pretty slow, but Olivia's on vacation and I'm not sure where Satellite went off to. I'll probably send her a note once Olivia gets back.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Cold Secrets Discussion
Posted Mar 01 2014, 01:18 PM
As for the moon being cold, it's actually day time in the summer or fall at the moment :P

Excellent. :P

For the food, that's how I assumed it was, hopefully I didn't slip up and say otherwise.

Well, the one gal got her hands on peanuts pretty quickly/easily, so I was wondering if there just wasn't stuff sitting around randomly, which wouldn't make sense.

So anyway, once you guys are all here, I would wanna talk about what to do with the other half of the ship. I kind of think they should fall under the control of less... "nice"... people, if you know what I mean.