Author Topic: The Villains RP  (Read 16183 times)

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Because you are being paid and because I have a legal excuse to murder people," Burns muttered, again quick to his feet.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Oh... right. I forgot why I love this job. Let's get back to the office then, shall we?" Mervin snapped to his feet and dusted himself off.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
A few undetermined units of time later...

The two private investigators arrived at their office after a brisk stroll through town. It was the first floor of an otherwise abandoned thirteen-story office building, where a buzzing neon sign above the door displayed the name of their firm:

Tekwell & Burns
Certified Private Investigators

The metal door opened automatically for the two as they stepped into the lobby. Despite the rickety appearance of the exterior, the lobby passed for nice...ish. Near a door leading to the office suits was the receptionist desk, which was momentarily unoccupied. There was a mop and bucket of red-tinted water in the corner of the room, however.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Burns kicked it over.

"I knew moving to the city was a good idea," he said neutrally, once more preparing to sweep the joint.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Why'd you do that! I just finished cleaning the floor!" a woman's voice wailed.

A blue-skinned Twi'lek emerged from a hallway, carrying a large garbage bag of something that looked wet, squishy and heavy. There was blood on her clothing and a gun holstered at her side as well. She had a namebadge pinned to her chest that merely said "The Secretary".

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Burns looked disappointed.

"Don't worry about it," he said meekly, turning tail and making for the office.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Sorry about that, Penni." Mervin shrugged, "You directed all the holocalls to the conference room, I take it?"

"Just the ones of relevance." Penni muttered.

"Great! Thanks!" Mervin grinned, before rushing off to the offices behind Burns.

Penni looked between the flood on the floor, the dripping back in her hands and her two employers that didn't pay her near enough for this job.

"Boys." she spat.

Soon enough, Mervin and Burns were in the conference room, where they took joint holocalls from their clients, both government and private. There were three messages saved for them, one from Komm Criminal Control, that directly employed him, and two from unknown private prospects.

"Whatcha wanna hear first, partner?" Mervin asked.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Probably the guys who sign our paychecks," Burns replied immediately.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Right then."

Mervin played the first holo message, from their overseer with the KCC.

"Good morning, gentlemen. I'm just checking in to see how your investigation into Sad Sal is progressing. My superiors would like some sort status update by the end of the week and an estimate on when the target can be located. Seeing as you are not here right now, I'll presume you are out chasing a lead, so I won't waste anymore bandwidth. Precinct 12 Overseer out."

"Typical." Mervin grumbled, "I'll have Penni type out a report in the morning."

He then decided to play the next message.

"I say, is this thing on? Oh, oh yes! Ahem. This is Mr. Hathem Topman from the Komm Rail Service. I need some capable men to help me recover a stolen caboose! Some bothersome blackguards have taken it and the railroad cannot possibly continue without it! Oh! You needn't worry about the rest of the train; it was crushed by a Squaile! Bloody things have no respect for Imperial property! Hrmph! Ahem, yes then... what say you to that? Hello...? "Hello......? HELLO!? I say, is this thing even on--"

The hologram of the railroad manager reached down to adjust his transmitter and the message was cut there Clearly he shut it off without realizing it.

Mervin shifted his jaw a little, then shrugged. Might as well listen to the last one and hope it was something more interesting. This time, the holodisplay showed a common model of protocol droid that was used in academic settings in the SE.

"Greetings. This unit is KZ-121 of the Imperial Archeological Nucleus. This unit understands you come well-recommended by the Private Investigators Union and Komm Criminal Control network. It is the purpose of this unit's communication to offer Assignment Designation: Alpha-Alpha-Two-Three to Mr. Mervin Tekwell and Mr. Will Burns of Tekwell & Burns Incorporated LLC. The contents of Assignment Designation: Alpha-Alpha-Two-Three are as follows: Track the location of Leviticus Expedition leader Alcone Rapollo from his last known coordinates in Precinct 6, to be provided on secure channel at later time, and obtain from him the exact location of the Lost Temple of Don. Objectives are the successful apprehension of Rapollo, the successful retrieval of the coordinates of the Temple of Don, and the successful recovery of valuable expedition equipment, logs and artifacts. Rewards will include a share of minor artifacts recovered from the temple along with a lump sum of 50,000 units of currency for each completed objective. This unit will provide additional information once contacted on an encoded frequency. End transmission."

« Last Edit: Feb 15 2017, 08:30 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Burns perked up at the mention of a Lost Temple.

"Who's Don?" he asked Mervin, "And why do I feel the need to find him?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Apparently he built a temple and lost it." Mervin shrugged, "Sounds like a fun job; shall I send in our acceptance?"

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Yes," was the reply.

"Why do so many people build monuments, temples and the likes out in the wilderness and then never do anything with them? It seems like every other week we hear something about a possession in a newly-found dark place somewhere dating back who knows how long."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"I know right? They really should build ruins in the middle of a city or something." Mervin agreed, then added in a mock Russian accent, "In Komm jungle, you do not possess structure; structure possess you!"

As he spoke he was busy copying the message to his personal communicator and preparing to send a response.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Meanwhile, at the ancient temple of Sinai, on the planet Moab...

Heath Ryder, Kane, and the four mercenaries had ascended an unnecessarily long flight of stone stairs to the summit of a half-pyramid carved into a cliff face. Ryder stood before the stone door, his hands resting on his hips.

"Ah, here we are! The entrance to the Forge of Moab! Within, we shall craft me new armor that will enable me to defeat the Gatekeeper once and for all!" he laughed.

The four mercenaries, had rigged up a system of pulleys, rollers, dollies and whatever else they had available in order to get the crates of raw metals to the top of the temple. Needless to say, they were all quite winded.

"Kane, ol' boy, we're this much closer to ultimate victory!" Heath grinned, slapping the Gatekeeper's brother on the shoulder, "Now, in we go!"

He heaved the stone door open and stepped through the entrance of the Forge...

« Last Edit: Apr 14 2017, 10:53 AM by Tyler294 »