Author Topic: Adventures in BBCode  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Feb 22 2017, 10:52 PM
Heyall. This thread is for experimentation with BBCode, HTML code, or any other formatting tricks you may want to try out before posting in another thread. Here's a list of tags, with examples.
If you want to share your code, bracket it in the code tag.
Code: [Select]
Like this!
Or, if you want to see someone's code and they didn't share, just hit the quote button on their post. It'll transfer their entire post into yours, code and all, allowing you to see all their secrets.

Have at it.

« Last Edit: Feb 23 2017, 08:32 AM by Garyn Dakari »

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Feb 22 2017, 10:57 PM
HTML-free character sheet test:

Hairy McHair

BASE
Strength = 0
Dexterity = +1
Stamina = -2
Perception = +2

PASSIVE
Stealth

Info and stuff about this guy here.

Cassidy Jones

BASE
Strength = 0
Dexterity = +1
Stamina = -2
Perception = +2

PASSIVE
Stealth

Cassidy Anne Jones. Birth: April 10th, 182 ATB. First appearance: Page ?, Act 1. Notes: Possibly emotionally compromised.

NOTES: Each of these were made with simple tables with one row and two-three columns each. The right-aligned portrait was achieved simply by putting a ton of spaces just below the final line of the stats(In this case, the word "Stealth". Click/drag on the post to see the line of spaces). Having the spaces in their own line, sharing the columns with the stats, ensures consistency with every character sheet in this style, no matter how much text they have.
The small gap between the left-oriented portrait and the stats was done via an invisible third column between the portrait and stat columns, with just two spaces in it.
As for the info section, a quote was the best I could do for now, and atm is the only noticeable difference between the HTML embedded character sheets. There's no space between the quote tag and the closing table tag, because the quote naturally makes a break. Feel free to experiment with alternatives.

Hairy McHair

BASE
Strength = 0
Dexterity = +1
Stamina = -2
Perception = +2

PASSIVE
Stealth

Theme: Highway To Hair
Notes: Lost his hairbrush as a child. Doesn't own a mirror. Only had one girlfriend, it didn't last.

Cassidy Jones

BASE
Strength = 0
Dexterity = +1
Stamina = -2
Perception = +2

PASSIVE
Stealth

Cassidy Anne Jones. Birth: April 10th, 182 ATB. First appearance: Page ?, Act 1. Notes: Possibly emotionally compromised.

« Last Edit: Feb 25 2017, 09:59 PM by Garyn Dakari »

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Feb 23 2017, 07:31 AM
Splendid! Though the quote boxes still aren't as nice as the highlighted background style. I'm gonna see if I can do any BB research on this...

Anyway, So I decided to set this up using a couple of Jonathan's characters as well, so that one can more readily compare his format that's already in the stat thread to what we're going to try and convert to here.

Kyle Rayne

BASE:
Strength = 1
Stamina = 1
Dexterity = 0
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES:
Remarkably unremarkable
Kyle Phinnaeus Rayne. Birth: February 1st, 181 ATB. First appearance: Page 10, Act 1. Notes: Adopted, biological parents unknown.

Marissa

BASE:
Strength = -1
Stamina = -2
Dexterity = 1
Perception = 3

SPECIALTIES:
Computer use/Hacking
Mechanical and software engineering

DETRIMENTS:
Melee combat
Large ranged weapons(Rifles and up)
Magic

PASSIVE:
Special Eyes

Marissa Aaliya Rayne. Birth: May 4th, 185 ATB. First appearance: Page 3, Act 1. Notes: Allergic to magic, shares a mental link with Zin.

Norman Grasserly

BASE:
Strength = 0
Dexterity = -1
Stamina = -2
Perception = +2

DETRIMENTS:
Combat
Norman B. Grasserly. Birth: January 6th, 132 ATB. First appearance: Page n/a, Act 1. Notes: 30-year member of the Confederate Republic Senate before assuming role of president. Attempted to exterminate magicers and organized crime, but was deposed from office by a military coup. Member of the Circle of Tartarus.

Joey Lynch

BASE
Strength = +2
Dexterity = -1
Stamina = +2
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES:
Explosives
Heavy Ranged Weapons

DETRIMENTS:
Melee Weapons
Stealth

Joseph "Joey" Lynch. Birth: October 22nd, 161 ATB. First appearance: Page n/a, Act 1. Notes: Experienced explosives and heavy weapons expert. Associated with Denzel Harrison and Pe'at.

[color=brown][b][size=22px]Drawn Character[/size][/b][/color]

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[img width=300]character image goes here, 300 for drawn[/img]
[/td]
[td]         [/td]
[td]
[u]BASE:[/u]
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

[u]DETRIMENTS:[/u]
Dying
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[quote][i]Character Name. Birth: January 1st, 201 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes.[/i][/quote]

[hr]

[color=brown][b][size=22px]Fuse Character[/size][/b][/color]

[table]
[tr]
[td]
[u]BASE[/u]
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

[u]SPECIALTIES:[/u]
Living

[u]DETRIMENTS:[/u]
Dying

[u]PASSIVE:[/u]
Alive

[/td]
[td]
[img width=250]insert image link here, 250 for FUSE pics[/img]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[quote][i]Character Name. Birth: January 1st, 201 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes.[/i][/quote]

[hr]

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Feb 25 2017, 10:02 PM
Alright, we now have the ability to add CSS styling and classes to most text within BBCode. Using it's a tad clunky, but the results are cool.

Example:

[table style="background-color: #ffb814; border: 3px solid black;"][tr][td][i][size=14pt][b]Cassidy Anne Jones. Birth: April 10th, 182 ATB. First appearance: Page ?, Act 1. Notes: Possibly emotionally compromised.[/b][/size][/i][/td][/tr][/table]
Creates:

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Feb 27 2017, 01:01 PM
This is an experimental attempt at a stat card, rather than a divided section. It's almost functional, save for the problem that... you can't post any more beyond the first. I'll fix it... later... when my job stops being an ass.

Generic

BASE:
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

Specialties:
Living

DETRIMENTS:
Dying

Passive:
Alive

Generic McNaric. Birth: June 6th, 66 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes. Lots of notes. Lots and lots and lots of notes. More notes than you can possibly imagine. And that's not many, because you are a small-minded fool.

Average

BASE:
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

Specialties:
Living

DETRIMENTS:
Dying

Passive:
Alive

Average O'Laverage. Birth: Jan 1th, 0 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes. Lots of notes. Lots and lots and lots of notes. More notes than you can possibly imagine. And that's not many, because you are a small-minded fool.

Unknown

BASE:
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

Specialties:
Living

DETRIMENTS:
Dying

Passive:
Alive

Unknown FitzKnown. Birth: December 31th, -100,000 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes. Lots of notes. Lots and lots and lots of notes. More notes than you can possibly imagine. And that's not many, because you are a small-minded fool.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Feb 27 2017, 05:12 PM
Nice work! The reason they're all connected though is that you had a table in a table with only one table end tag, inadvertently putting all following tables inside the first one.

You need two table ends:
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
At the end of each sheet.

Generic

BASE:
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

Specialties:
Living

DETRIMENTS:
Dying

Passive:
Alive

Generic McNaric. Birth: June 6th, 66 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes. Lots of notes. Lots and lots and lots of notes. More notes than you can possibly imagine. And that's not many, because you are a small-minded fool.

Unknown

BASE:
Strength = 0
Dexterity = 0
Stamina = 0
Perception = 0

Specialties:
Living

DETRIMENTS:
Dying

Passive:
Alive

Unknown FitzKnown. Birth: December 31th, -100,000 ATB. First appearance: Page 1, Act 1. Notes: This character has notes. Lots of notes. Lots and lots and lots of notes. More notes than you can possibly imagine. And that's not many, because you are a small-minded fool.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Mar 04 2017, 06:55 PM
So, I guess the first is what one would look like under the current format. The next one is an experiment to add additional information. I can add fourth column too.

Joey Lynch

BASE:
Strength = +2
Dexterity = -1
Stamina = +2
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES:
Explosives
Heavy Ranged Weapons

DETRIMENTS:
Melee Weapons
Stealth

PASSIVE:
None

Joseph Murdock Lynch. Birth: October 22nd, 161 ATB. First appearance: Page 86, Act 1. Notes: Associated with Denzel Harrison and Pete. Assassinated the Vice President.

Joey Lynch

BASE
Strength = +2
Dexterity = -1
Stamina = +2
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Explosives
Heavy Ranged Weapons

DETRIMENTS
Melee Weapons
Stealth

PASSIVE
None

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH
Joseph Murdock Lynch6' 3"October 22nd, 161 ATB
First appeared on Page 86 of Act I. Assassinated the Vice President. Associated with Denzel Harrison and Pete.

Joey Lynch

BASE
Strength = +2
Dexterity = -1
Stamina = +2
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Explosives
Heavy Ranged Weapons

DETRIMENTS
Melee Weapons
Stealth

PASSIVE
None

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH
First appeared on Page 86 of Act I. Assassinated the Vice President. Associated with Denzel Harrison and Pete.

Joey Lynch
The Most Unsubtle Assassin

BASE
Strength = +2
Dexterity = -1
Stamina = +2
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Explosives
Heavy Ranged Weapons

DETRIMENTS
Melee Weapons
Stealth

PASSIVE
None

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH

« Last Edit: Dec 27 2018, 11:04 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Adventures in BBCode
Posted Mar 05 2017, 06:03 PM

Carl Lambert
The Sorcerer

BASE
Strength = 1
Stamina = 1
Dexterity = 1
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Martial Arts
Magic

DETRIMENTS
Small knives

PASSIVE
Special Eyes

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH
Carl Lambert6' ?"August 10th, 155 ATB
First appeared on Page 17 of Act 1. Died on Page ?? of Act I. Notes: Eleanor's FATHER. Briefly the Lord of the Rings. Tried to open the Gates, got his ass beat.

[color]An alternative below. I think I like the black better for some reason. Direct comparison to a living individual just below.[/color]

Carl Lambert
The Sorcerer

BASE
Strength = 1
Stamina = 1
Dexterity = 1
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Martial Arts
Magic

DETRIMENTS
Small knives

PASSIVE
Special Eyes

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH
First appeared on Page 17 of Act 1. Died on Page ?? of Act I. Notes: Eleanor's FATHER. Briefly the Lord of the Rings. Tried to open the Gates, got his ass beat.

Zin
The Watchman

BASE
Strength = 0
Stamina = 1
Dexterity = 2
Perception = 2

SPECIALTIES
Martial Arts
Stealth

DETRIMENTS
Large ranged weapons
Driving

PASSIVE
Special Eyes

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH
Eric Z. Warren6' 0"January 10th, 127 ATB
First appeared on Page 1 of Act 1. Notes: Resides in Miller's Cave, shares mental link with Marissa Rayne, has a magical ring as power source.

Carl Lambert
The Sorcerer

BASE
Strength = 1
Stamina = 1
Dexterity = 1
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Martial Arts
Magic

DETRIMENTS
Small knives

PASSIVE
Special Eyes

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH

Carl Lambert
The Sorcerer

BASE
Strength = 1
Stamina = 1
Dexterity = 1
Perception = 0

SPECIALTIES
Martial Arts
Magic

DETRIMENTS
Small knives

PASSIVE
Special Eyes

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH

Cassidy Jones

BASE
Strength = 0
Dexterity = +1
Stamina = -2
Perception = +2

PASSIVE
Stealth

Worth keeping:

Race  =  Human
Gender  =  Male
Age  =  35
Height  =  6' 1"
Hair Color  =  Black
Eye Color  =  Green

« Last Edit: Dec 27 2018, 10:45 AM by Tyler294 »