Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part III: Shards of Eternity  (Read 20608 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
It was high noon in the dusty desert village when a man in light leather armor rode into town. A sword at his side, a cloth wrapped around his face, and a black steed underneath him, the man came up to to an old roadside tavern. After dismounting, he removed his head-wrap, revealing his dark, messy hair and young but weathered face.

After tethering the horse, he stepped into the tavern, immediately being greeted by the smell of smoke rolls and cheap liquor. As he approached the bar, he glanced from side to side, surveying all the patrons who happened to be inside at the moment.

« Last Edit: May 11 2017, 09:12 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
Seated farther down the bar was a woman, who was draped in a long, dark, hooded cape which covered parts of her face. Bits of her long red-violet curly hair settled outside her hood, and her pail skin seemed to glow slightly in the dim light. She glanced towards him suspiciously, but her eyes didn't meet his.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The man pulled out a smokeroll and lit the end on a nearby lantern. As he took a couple puffs, he leaned back and so he was closer to the bartender.

"Any mercenaries in the clientele today?" the man asked.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The woman's eyes darted towards him again, but she remained silent.

The bartender, who was a middle-aged leprechaun, grunted as he placed a beer on the counter, "Always."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"I need to recruit a small team. Any recommendations?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Quit while the quittin's good." he replied as he polished the surface next to him.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Hmm..."

The man took the beer that was evidently brought for him even though he never asked, whilst deciding to approach the people in the tavern individually. He figured he might as well start with the cloaked woman in the corner.

"Looking for work, or just drowning away time?" he asked as he neared her.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Depends on the work." she said quietly, still not lifting her head.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Bounty hunting. I've been tracking a bandit for the past several months and he was last seen around these parts. Seems he's decided to stay in one place for longer than usual, which has given me the opportunity to catch him. Unfortunately, I need some extra hands before I confront him." the man explained, eyeing the woman closely, "Everyone will get an equal share of the bounty, of course."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Sounds too easy." she replied without enthusiasm.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"If it were, I'd have handled it myself already. Besides, I have a few more jobs lined-up afterward for which this one can be considered a... try out."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
She chuckled slightly at that, "So na´ve. I hope for your sake that you've done this before."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Don't worry for my sake." the man retorted in a neutral tone, "Instead, concern yourself with whether or not you wish to join me. I'll be here, just let me know when you've made up your mind."

With that, the man turned to find the next person he could recruit.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
At the corner of the bar was a Alizarian fellow sitting with his flute. He was a little overweight with a mustache and a small beard. In front of him was a vase-shaped basket, and while he was playing, a cobra slowly raised his head out of the basket and faced the man without attacking. Then the Alizarian saw the man who was walking towards him.

"You looking for someone?" he asked.   

« Last Edit: Apr 22 2017, 08:18 AM by Shawnex »

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Someone who can help me defeat a bandit and his men." the man in leather replied, before nodding at the snake, "Nice little trick there with the snake."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Thank you." the Alizarian replied, "I learned this trick when I was in Umberum. I'm not from there though, but a foreigner who visits there must learn this trick if they want to so that they will not be attacked by the snake."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"I see. So, in your travels, did you ever learn to fight?" the man inquired.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Ooh yes." he answered shaking his head, "It happened when I was in a town where there were lots of crime. I had to do something to stop this, so I trained myself to fight. It did work, but I had help."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Good enough. If you are looking to help stop criminals again, and make some money in the process, you could join me." the man offered.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The cobra hissed at the man.
"Quiet you demon!" the Alizarian snapped at the cobra after hitting his head with his flute, "Then you are looking for someone. You plan to risk your life to stop some criminals when this is dangerous for one man and you came here to hire some recruits to help you stop them?!? Okay. I'm in."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Excellent. Carry on with what you are doing now, but be ready to leave with me when I am done here." the first man grinned slightly.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Very well then." he agreed and continued to play his flute to the cobra.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The man looked over the room again to see if there were any other people worth talking to. The first person he approached turned him down immediately, while the second didn't seem to understand what he was saying at all. He considered approaching a third, but by this point he had finished his beer, so he returned to bar first. As he took another drawl from his smokeroll, he glanced back toward the end of the bar where the cloaked woman was seated.

"Made a decision yet?" he asked.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The woman finally looked at him. "When do we start?"