Author Topic: Awakening - Deleted Scene - Revelation  (Read 24134 times)

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening - Deleted Scene - Revelation
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:24 AM
Maria smirked as she raised her sandwich to take a bite.

But just before she could get it to her mouth, both girls saw a flash of light out of their peripheral vision. This was followed shortly by a massive fireball rising up someone beyond the nearby buildings, further downtown. Lastly, though still not long after, the entire cafe was rocked by the thunderous report of an explosion.

"Aile..." Maria said, standing up from her chair while still fixated on the rising fireball and smoke.

« Last Edit: Aug 10 2017, 03:09 PM by Garyn Dakari »

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:18 AM
"So much for lunch..." Aile replied, getting up herself.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 12:12 PM
"Come on, we need to get down there!" Maria exclaimed, starting to make a run for the door.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 03:29 PM
Aile sighed and followed Maria. In the back of her mind, she was starting to wonder if her uncle knew something.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 03:48 PM
Maria hesitated at the door, looking back longingly at the food they were leaving behind, before scrambling out onto the street.

People were already scrambling to get out of the way of Greycoat guards and rescue workers, who were swarming around the corner to whatever had just blown up. Along the way, they both heard "The City Hall" mentioned several times. And based on what Aile would remember of the town, it was in the right direction. After turning the corner and running further toward the source, that would be confirmed as the rather tall city courthouse could be seen in the distance looming above some of the smaller shops, fully ablaze.

"Well..." Maria huffed, "We got a lead."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 05:12 PM
Aile bit her lip.
"Helluva time to not have Touko around," she said. "Hell... Ileena might be able to knock down some of the fire with her magic... if the Feds even let us Sentinels do anything."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 05:53 PM
"Our job is to catch the perps, so let's focus on that." Maria replied.

As the two older girls in the team were reaching the burning capitol building, Jen and Touko, elsewhere in the same city, had also seen the explosion. Needless to say, they were also heading toward it, though because of the greater distance, had to cross more ground to get there.

As it turns out, their route took them right onto the same street Aile and Maria had been eating lunch on. As they were running across the park, Jen noticed a vehicle pulling up in front of a old gun shop across the street from the park. It was the last privately-owned and legal shop in the Western O.Z., or so it claimed. Jen knew the place since her hunting rifle had come from there.

"Hey... what's going on over there?" she asked aloud.

The vehicle, what looked to be a repainted company truck, had pulled partially onto the sidewalk itself. Even before it had fully slowed to a stop, a canvas could be seen being thrown aside from the truck bed and several people's heads, then bodies, emerged from the back. They quickly hopped out of the vehicle and most of them entered the shop, while the two in the cab got out and seemingly assumed guard positions.

"Touko!" Jen stopped where she was.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:08 PM
"Nani?" Touko replied, skidding to a stop. She then noticed the truck and the guards and moved to join Jen.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:29 PM
"I think the--" Jen started to say.

As she spoke, a Greycoat approached the men at the truck. He was in the process of demanding what they were doing, when one of the two men revealed a handgun he was concealing in his coat and fired several shots into the Fed. From Jen and Touko's angle, they could see the bullets exit the man's back and blood splatter onto the roadway behind him.

The shooting naturally drew the attention of other Greycoats in the area, most of them previously having been rushing to the bombed capitol building. The second man pulled out a submachinegun and sprayed the street, causing civilians to run in panic and forcing the Greycoats to duck for cover.

"They're robbing the store." Jen concluded, now rushing a nearby tree for cover.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:31 PM
Touko drew her katana instantly before looking to find any way to get the jump on them.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:37 PM
Jen hesitated, not sure she wanted to attack the rebels outright. This could still be a set-up of some sort, or perhaps they were legitimate rebels fighting the Federal oppressors, in which case Jen sympathized with them far more than the authorities.

The gunmen continued firing at the Greycoats, keeping them pinned down while the men inside the building came out, hauling large crates, most likely filled with guns, and shoving them into the truck. Jen noticed the shop owner was helping them.

"You girls gonna do anything about this? That's why you're here isn't it?" a voice called to them, as the Federal officer who'd been escorting them to the terrorist sites came running up to them and taking cover nearby, "We can't let them get away with those weapons."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:39 PM
"Pretty sure we were supposed to investigate, but..." Touko trailed off before summoning a fireball and throwing it at one of the truck tires.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:52 PM
The fireball did catch one of the tires on fire, though it was a double-tire in the back. One of the gunmen pulled off his jacket and tried to put it out as the others loaded the boxes and ran back into the building to fetch another load. The submachinegunner kept firing suppressive fire at the street to keep anyone from firing back.

Jen was clearly hesitant at she peaked around the corner again. Finally she pulled her rifle around the corner and fired a shot, disabling the pistol man by hitting his leg. The rebel yelped in pain, causing a Greycoat to jump out of cover and try to take advantage of the moment to fire. But he was almost immediately shot down by another rebel, firing from the doorway of the shop.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 09:54 PM
Touko tried to launch another fireball at another tire.
"Come on..." she urged.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:02 PM
The fireball hit the ground just short of the tire, though some of the flames spread onto the edge of it. Meanwhile the first fire had been successfully put out, while the shopkeeper and rebels had hauled the last boxes into the back and were climbing in. The pistol-man was the driver, but since he couldn't drive with a bum leg, he had moved over to the passenger side, while the submachinegunner had taken the drivers seat. Another man took over the suppressive fire job as the vehicle began to roll.

A Greycoat managed to get a couple shots off that hit one of the other antagonists, though not before he was shoot himself. The Rebels were proving themselves exceptional shots.

"With me!" the Fed officer, Major Ivan Zeleny, declared, then started to head out forward to line up a better shot at the fleeing truck.

Jen followed him until they were both on the street with a straight rear-end shot at the truck. Jen then went down to a knee, raised her shield to protect herself from enemy fire, and aimed her sniper rifle...

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:05 PM
Touko winced as she had to take cover again.
"Downside to only having a sword..." she said, mostly to herself.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:10 PM
Jen lined up the shot and was about to pull the trigger, when through her scope she managed to focus for a moment on the face of one of the men in the back. She knew him. The surprise at this caused Jen to jerk the trigger, resulting in the shot missed the truck entirely and shattering another storefront window further down the street. By the time she could align again, the truck had turned a corner and had escaped, at least from this particular spot.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?" a furious-sounding woman's voice demanded, as Jen lowered her shield and stood up.

Ivan and Jen turned to see they were being approached by a Federal Commissar, one of the enforcers of the Steel Federation's doctrines and representative of the Supreme Leader himself.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:12 PM
Touko blinked, her Kitsune ears perking up. She then moved over to Jen.
"You alright?" she asked.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:16 PM
"I'm... okay..." Jen replied softly.

"You let them escape!" the commissar snapped, "You're supposed to be a Sentinel, are you not!? What sort of per-- Oh, but of course... you're Emeraldi aren't you."

Jen looked up.

"What of it?"

"It's pretty apparent, isn't it? You let them go because you sympathize with their cause, don't you?" Don't you!?" the commissar accused.

"Ma'am, with all due respect--" Ivan cut-in.

"Silence soldier, you are out of line." the commissar shut him down.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:19 PM
"We're not used to getting shot at like that!" Touko countered, standing up to defend Jen. "We're the rookies on our team. Nationalities have nothing to do with it! And with all due respect, we were actually kinda skeptical that it was actually real in the first place!"

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:26 PM
"Oh, that was very real. An attempt was made on the governor's life and now Rebel forces make off with stores of arms that should have been seized years ago. This is very real. In fact, based on the evidence I already have, I believe it is sufficient for me to convey justice. Guards, shoot the sniper, arrest the foreigner." she commanded.

"WHAT!? You can't shoot me!" Jen exclaimed, "We're Sentinels sent here to help you people."

"Judgement has been levied. Guards!" the commissar didn't appear at all swayed.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:30 PM
Touko's blade ignighted, and she took a defensive stance.
"We are Sentinels. We were asked by your government to come here. You kill one of us, you risk an incident not only with the Sapphire Kingdom and its allies, but the Sentinel Order itself. I'm sure your Commander would not want to try and explain that situation. Besides, you have no grounds to harm or arrest us for inexperience."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:42 PM
"You don't know how things work here. When a Commissar passes judgement... it is passed." came the sneering response.

The guards had taken up a firing line in a semi-circle around the two and were awaiting the command to fire. Ivan, on the other hand, had taken a few steps back, though he still had his sidearm hanging loosely at his side. He dared not speak up to the Commissar, as they'd been known to shoot down their own subordinates for questioning orders.

However, there were a pair of civilians boldly approaching the little standoff. Though the guard's weren't noticing them at the moment.

"Ready... Aim..." the commissar began.

"SHIELD!" Ivan suddenly screamed at Jen.

Jen instinctively reacted, raising her shield with all her might as the Feds proceeded to open fire on the two young Sentinels. None of the shots connected as Jen's shield had fully enveloped herself and Touko, a feat she'd never attempted nor succeeded in before.

"HOLD!" the commissar growled, before raising her gun at Ivan. But he wasn't there anymore, rather some other officer she wasn't familiar with was standing nearby.

"Where's the Major!?" she demanded.

"I don't know..." the officer replied, looking confused.

Jen was still holding up the shield, but the strain was clearly wearing her down. She couldn't hold for long.

"Touko... I'm sorry..." she said softly.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8417
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:48 PM
Touko held onto Jen.
"Its alright... I got you," the Kitsune replied, one hand going for the pendant around her own neck. Her ears pulled back as she glared at the Commissar.

« Last Edit: Jun 25 2016, 10:51 PM by Rattler »

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14592
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:54 PM
The Commissar, confused at Ivan's sudden disappearance, began looking around desperately trying to locate him. It was in this process that she noticed the two young civilians, a boy and a girl, both dressed in hoodies that seemed just slightly too bulky to be normal.

"Stand back civilians!" she commanded, raising her gun at them.

"You know, I've always hated people with sticks up their ass trying to give me orders, haven't you, love?" the girl remarked at her companion, whilst throwing back her hood to reveal herself as Hannie Blackmon, the ex-Sentinel who'd been caught by Jen, Touko and Co. trying to steal records from the academy.