Author Topic: Awakening - Deleted Scene - Revelation  (Read 21542 times)

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 10:59 PM
"You?" Touko chirped in confusion, her ears perking up.

"Learned that from experience," the male replied, pulling his hood back and revealing Hannie's boyfriend James.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:09 PM
"YOU!" the Commissar instinctively declared, recognizing the two for some reason and before trying to pull the trigger of her pistol.

Her finger froze, as did her expression as all present heard the report of a gun come from behind the commissar. Ivan was back, somehow, and had just killed his own superior officer. As the commissar crumbled to the ground, an expression of utter disbelief permanently fixated on her face, Ivan nodded with a smile at Hannie and James.

"Go to work. I'll get them out." he stated.

"What's going on!?" one of the Greycoats in the firing line wailed, totally confused.

He didn't have much longer to be confused, as Hannie's weapon, no longer a tame quarterstaff as she once used, but now a far more fearsome weapon in form of a retracting four-edged, double-bladed sword, was soon slashing across his torso. Hannie then turned to the next man, who swung his riot-pike at her, but missed of her head as she ducked and impaled him in one motion.

Some of the Greycoats turned to fire at Ivan, who shot them down quickly while trying to flank around the lot to get to Jen and Touko. It was Hannie and James who were to keep the Greycoats busy for now.

"Girls, follow me! This was all a trap and we need to leave now!" he urged the two Sentinels.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:12 PM
"Wait! We're not alone!" Touko replied, pulling Jen along. "What about Aile, Maria, and the others?"

James was fighting right alongside his girlfriend, also having upgraded from a machete with an integrated single chamber gun to a folding sword... with a single chamber gun in the hilt.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:18 PM
"I've got someone going to warn them, but we can't risk going after them ourselves. This whole thing is going to go south very quick." Ivan replied, "Stay with me."

Jen was huffing to keep up with Touko, as the shield had totally wiped her out. Luckily, Hannie and James seemed to have improved since their bout with the team and were dealing quite thoroughly with the Greycoats, giving the others a clear route of escape.

"We... we gotta go save them." Jen coughed.

"We do that and we'll all die." Ivan countered firmly, "They won't kill them unless they fight back. They only needed you dead."

"Me...?" Jen muttered softly to herself.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:23 PM
Touko helped Jen along.
"Spirits help us..." she said. The gem in her amulet seemed to glow for a moment in response. "Who set us up?"

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:28 PM
Ivan led them into an alleyway, where he looked back and forth to make sure nobody was present.

"You won't believe me if I tell you now. I need to get you two out of here, and to do that, I need you both to sleep."

Ivan raised his hands and Jen and Touko both immediately began to feel sleep overtaking them. Jen was out almost immediately because she was already dead tired, but Touko had a moment or two more of alertness during which she could see Ivan unbuttoning his uniform.

« Last Edit: Oct 21 2016, 11:47 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:30 PM
"Chikushou..." Touko groaned as she fought to stay awake, her eyes glued to Ivan for as long as she could keep her eyes open.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:32 PM
Last thing she could see was Ivan's face begin to distort slightly as he pulled off his shirt, then she was out...

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:37 PM
Meanwhile, at the capitol building, Maria and Aile had been hunting in vain for any sort of sign of the cause of the explosion. It apparently had been a bomb, planted inside the building somewhere. The governor had been injured and taken to the hospital, though at least a couple people had died. It would difficult to tell for sure as the explosion was so large it would have incinerated anyone near enough to it.

The fact-collecting, however; was soon interrupted by a Greycoat officer and cadre of regulars approaching Maria and Aile. The officer, a woman who looked to be an ethnic of the former nation of Diamond, stepped up to the two and cleared her throat.

"You are Maria Drusus and Aile Beauregard, da?" she inquired.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 25 2016, 11:41 PM
Touko slumped over across Jen's body, her katana falling out of her hand.
***
"Gonna kick us out after ten minutes again if we are?" Aile replied as she turned to face the group.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 26 2016, 06:26 AM
"No, we're going to arrest you for conspiracy against the state." the officer replied coldly.

"Excuse me?" Maria spat.

"Do not attempt to resist or you will be shot." the officer repeated, as the guards pointed their weapons at the two Sentinels, "My orders are to bring you in to face trial."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 26 2016, 11:00 AM
"What?" Aile asked dumbfounded. "Your government asked us to come investigate this and you're arresting us for it?"

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 26 2016, 11:59 AM
"No questions, just drop your weapons." the officer replied calmly.

Just behind her, Aile and Maria could see the man who'd been escorting them through the various attack sights the previous day, Colonel Ivan Zeleny, looking away helplessly.

"Well Aile, do we surrender or start Great War 2.0?" Maria asked softly.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 26 2016, 07:39 PM
"Um... we drop them, and you'll shoot us for grabbing them in the first place," Aile pointed out, as her gunblade ws still in its holster on her back. She then responded to Maria in kind.
"Something's wrong with this."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 26 2016, 08:23 PM
"Our orders are to bring you in for questioning and trial." the officer replied, "You either come willingly, or you die. Do you honestly think you'll make it out of this square?"

She had a point, there were a lot of Greycoats and government officials around, since they'd been swarming the site since the bombs went off.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 27 2016, 12:43 PM
"And how long have you had those orders? We've only been here a day and haven't been able to do anything," Aile pointed out. "Consider the diplomatic ramifications of your actions. We were requested to come here by your government to investigate these attacks, and as a gesture of good will, Sentinels came to investigate. Or at least try to. We come out here to help and you try and bust us for the very thing we're investigating? With all due respect that does sound rather fishy."

Aile's hands were not near her weapon, but she was ready to act through other means if necessary. She was trying to diffuse the situation before things got out of hand, which in Aile's mind, was pretty much guaranteed because she was now convinced the request for Sentinels was a setup just to try and show the world that not even Sentinels can stand against them.

Also... she was reminded of another reason she hated being here.

"As I'm sure you know, Sentinels have a measure of immunity due to our status as an international Order. If there is an issue, you have to go through the proper channels. Especially when Sentinel teams consist of individuals from several nations, and regional bias may cloud impartial judgement."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 27 2016, 03:33 PM
Even as Aile was speaking, another Greycoat ran up and whispered something in the officer's ear, to which she nodded softly. Once Aile was done giving her speech however, the officer responded.

"I was just informed Sentinels, working in conjunction with rebel terrorists, have murdered a commissar and over two-dozen regulars. Letting you go now would be a criminal dereliction of duty, therefor I have no option but to arrest you. If it is any consolation, diplomatic channels will be opened with your order after you are securely in custody. You will either comply now, or be shot. Any further attempt at negotiation will be viewed as hostility."

"You're the leader, Aile."
Maria whispered quickly, leaning over Aile's shoulder.

« Last Edit: Jun 27 2016, 03:35 PM by MilkSnake »

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 27 2016, 09:15 PM
Aile... had an OMGWTF look on her face as her brain tried to process what just happened.

After a minute she groaned and facepalmed.
"We're screwed either way..." she said to Maria. "I don't know what to do. Welcome back to your hometown Aile! We got your accomidations right here behind bars for no reason..."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 28 2016, 03:56 PM
The officer had run out of patience and motioned at her men.

"FI--!"

"Wait! We surrender!" Maria quickly yelled, tossing her weapon aside and slapping Aile's hand away from her own weapon.

The officer snarled as she stayed the order, then directed her men to cuff them and seize their weapons.

"Aile, I'm calling for a referendum on team leader when we get home." Maria muttered softly.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 28 2016, 07:23 PM
"Maria... I don't think that's going to work..." Aile deadpanned. "And that's assuming we ever do get home. And they didn't exactly cover this situation at Bluegate."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 28 2016, 07:44 PM
"We'll discuss this later." Maria replied, not wanting to get into it with Aile in front of all the surrounding fascists.

With that, the two were lead away, loaded into a windowless vehicle, and hauled away to a military police center at part-way across town. There, they were separated and each was taken into a dark, cold, dimly lit room. Not at all unlike the interrogation rooms often seen in movies and TV shows.

Aile didn't have to wait long before a male Federal officer and a helmetless Greycoat escort stepped into the room. The Greycoat took up guard position beside the door, while the officer walked around to the opposite side of the metal table Aile was seated in front of. He sat down, then rapped his fingers on the table for a moment.

"Ms. Beauregard, I'm not entirely sure what entirely happened in the downtown today, but I do know that scores of men have been killed or are missing, the governor is in the hospital and a Federal Commissar has been slain. What I want to know is where you compatriots are or where they will attempt to go." he began.

« Last Edit: Apr 28 2017, 12:48 PM by Tyler294 »

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 28 2016, 08:54 PM
"So... not going to ask what I was doing?" Aile replied. "Right now I know about as much as you. We split up to try and cover more ground for our investigation, that we were asked to do by your government. I'd like that on the record. Asked by your government."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 29 2016, 04:54 AM
"We are aware of that, no need to repeat it." the interrogator replied, "What you were doing is secondary to locating your associates. So I'll ask again, and I refer to any of the four other Sentinels that entered the country with you, where are they and where could they have gone?"

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 29 2016, 11:39 AM
"I don't know," Aile replied. "We split up to cover more ground to find clues. We haven't seen each other since. Hell... I was about to eat lunch when things went crazy!"

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 29 2016, 03:35 PM
"Surely your order has safe-houses or contingencies somewhere where you can hole-up in times of emergency?" the interrogator pressed.