Author Topic: Awakening - Deleted Scene - Revelation  (Read 21544 times)

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 29 2016, 10:32 PM
Aile blinked in confusion.
"And what makes you think a student would know that?" she replied honestly.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 04:57 AM
"They sent you on this mission, didn't they? Surely they gave you some sort of back-up plan?"

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 11:47 AM
"Two experienced Sentinels and a merc who we've worked with before," Aile replied. "We were picked to join them because of some of the situations we've been in. We came as a gesture of good faith, and you pretty much stabbed us in the back. Why should I even be surprised by that. Lived here for years before being discovered by the Sentinels and nothing's changed..."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 03:39 PM
"Be careful, Beauregard." the interrogator's expression went dark, "It is a crime to espouse fallacies against the State. But then again, you should know that, having lived here. We also know the mercenary, Eric Gunnar, and one of the other Sentinels, a relative of yours by our understanding, are both Emeraldi as well. We've already confirmed their guilt, we just need to find them. You can either show some of that good faith you speak of by helping us find him, or you can sit in a cell until your trial. That choice is yours."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 05:23 PM
"Con... what?" Aile replied in shock. "We haven't even had time to do an investigation! We just got here yesterday and you're saying my sister is a criminal? What the hell!"

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 06:17 PM
"I see then the 'nice' route won't get us anywhere. I'll come back tomorrow. Just say a silent prayer to whatever fairy tale gods you may believe in that the Commissars don't see fit to get involved in the meantime." the interrogator sighed, standing up and heading for the door, stopping just outside, "For both our sakes."

With that he nodded at the guard and the two exited, leaving Aile alone in the room. And there she remained the entire night, with a faint but constant buzzing sound being filtered into the room from a speaker mounted just above the door. The sound was likely to prevent her from being able to sleep. The room also underwent several noticeable temperature fluctuations throughout the night, going from cold to hot to cold again.

It certainly wasn't a pleasant night.

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 06:54 PM
The morning after the bombing...

In a small shack in the woods about a hundred miles from the central city, Ileena and Natasha had taken refuge after a receiving an anonymous tip that the Feds were about to attempt to arrest or kill them. It was fortunate timing, as the Feds turned out to be in the mood to shoot rather than negotiate, as if they were ever in the latter mood. The shack they were in was one of the safe-houses that Aile's interrogator suspected existed scattered about the O.Z. Though the younger Sentinels had not been notified of the existence of such places, the more experienced ones knew about them well-enough, as work done in Federal territory was always contentious at best.

Though the shack looked upkept and deserted from the outside and even inside, there was a small cellar underneath. Here, an old but durable radio was stored for communication with the main Sentinel Enclave. Because they mission had gone so awry, no doubt the two would be attempting to contact the order for instructions.
 

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 07:30 PM
Natasha was pacing while Ileena was working the radio.

"Shouldn't have come..." Natasha said. "Should have known this wasn't what it appeared. It was a setup from the very beginning!"
"Calm down Tasha," Ileena replied. "We'll get through this. Remember that one mission in the Tundralands?"
"Don't remind me."
"Didn't look good then either."
"We also didn't have every Fed in the country looking for us."
"Will you relax?"

She finally got ahold of someone on the other end.

« Last Edit: Jun 30 2016, 07:38 PM by Rattler »

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 07:50 PM
"This is The Crown, what is your status Ironstorm? Over."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 07:56 PM
"Situation FUBAR. Looks like we were set up. Status of the students unknown. Status of our Merc unknown. Feds tried to shoot us, claiming we helped the Rebels," Ileena replied. "Requesting instructions and... maybe support. I honestly don't know what to do."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:07 PM
"Standby. Over."

There was a moment of static, before a different voice came over the radio, one recognizable as Claudia Vitus, one higher ranking members of the Sentinel Order's High Council. She was also one of the overseers of this mission.

"This is Councilor Vitus, Ileena, Natasha, it is imperative that you remain where you are. The Federation has blocked us from sending anyone else in and they've interned our people already inside their territory. We've opened diplomatic relations, but things are a bit heated right now. You said Gunnar is not with you?"

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:10 PM
"We split up to cover more ground in our... lack of investigation. He went with the two younger students. From there... I don't know."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:17 PM
"We've been shown some surveillance recordings from an establishment in the occupation capital city. The tapes show Gunnar dropping off a package with a man who was later caught on camera near the site where the bomb went off. The Feds think he was working with the Rebels to orchestrate the bombing. Given he is Emeraldi, it seems possible he might very well have done it too." Claudia stated.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:27 PM
"What about the students? Two are Emeraldi who lived in the OZ."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:33 PM
"The older sister has been arrested, along with the Imperial. We've been assured they are alive and unharmed. Hard to say for sure, but the Feds gain nothing by killing them. The younger two are still unaccounted for. The Feds suspect they were involved, directly or indirectly, in the slaying of a Commissar and nearly two-dozen guards during an incident near a local gun store."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:39 PM
"I can't see them deliberately harming anyone unless it was self defense."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:43 PM
"We won't know for sure, but it's not helping that they're still on the run. Listen, we'll try to solve this diplomatically, but we need you both to stay where you are. If you are found, don't fight or run, just surrender. We don't want more incidents making this any worse than it is. As for Gunnar, if he turns up, make sure he doesn't go anywhere. If it turns out he was involved in the bombing, it will look better for us if we are able to turn him over as part of the negotiations."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 08:57 PM
"Understood..." Ileena sighed.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:00 PM
"We'll have someone check-in every four hours. Good luck."

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:01 PM
"Four hours. Got it. Out."

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:05 PM
It wasn't but ten minutes after they'd finished the radio transmission, when they heard the door upstairs being slowly opened.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:06 PM
Ileena and Natasha didn't move.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:09 PM
There was the sound of a few footsteps on the floor above them, then it halted and was silent.

"Anyone here?" Eric's voice could be heard asking softly after a moment's pause.

Offline Rattler

  • Dedicated Role Player
  • ****
  • Posts: 8232
  • The Fox
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:10 PM
"Get your ass down here," Natasha growled.

 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14308
  • The Default User
Awakening
Posted Jun 30 2016, 09:18 PM
Eric shut the door then joined the other two in the cellar.

"You guys okay? Everything's gone to hell in a handbasket out there."