Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part IV: The Gauntlet of Izabran  (Read 6169 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Eh?" Killroy looked at the speaker, then at the fight in the building behind them, "Oh, aye! But we had not a thing tuh do with it! Ain't that right, Mr. Vyn?"

He gave Melvyn a wink and a nudge.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
"Of course we had something to do with it!" Melvyn disagreed, "One must never to be ashamed of his victories! Even if he decides to walk away from them unfinished... Isn't that right Wondu? Reminds me of our days in Veridia!"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Wait...Melvyn?!" Wondu startled and slowly approached Melvyn, "Is that-you?"

"Well BUST MY BELLY! IT IS YOU MELVYN!!" he cried with joy and hugged Melvyn, "How are you doing my friend?!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Wonderful, Wondu!" Melvyn said, equally excited, "How are you? And your snake? Is he still with you?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"I'm good. It's been a long time when we last saw each other. As for my snake, he died of old age, and attacked from a mongoose." Wondu replied, "But other than that, I'm good."

Harvey looked confused.

"You know this man?" he asked.

"I met him over twenty-some years ago while traveling to Veridia."

"Hm. I see."

"Melvyn, I like you to meet Harvey Spear. A former Captain of King Kolo's army."

"Pleasure."

"So tell me, what are you doing here?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Teaching my new apprentice!" Melvyn said proudly, "Meet young Killroy, whom I am teaching the finer arts of wealth attainment strategies!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Nice to make yer acquaintances." Killroy waved.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Apprentice? You're a Marsal arts master?" wondered Harvey.

"He said that because," whispered Wondu to Harvey, "He's a little crazy sometimes." and turned back to Melvyn, "If you're wondering why I'm here is because we have a mission to help Prince Carder."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Yes, well we do always seem to work with royalty, don't we Wondu!" Melvyn said as he winked. Just then Eamon was thrown through one of the windows and crashed in the middle of the group.

"That was a terrible idea..." he moaned as he held his ribs.

"And this is my adopted son, Eamon. He was Marliea's eldest," Melvyn explained, before motioning to his left, "And of course you already know Arlyss."

...Except Arlyss wasn't there.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Yes! I remember her when she was a baby." agreed Wondu, "How is she?"

"Good Heavens!" exclaimed Harvey, "Ya alright young lad?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Yeah, I'm fine sir." Eamon groaned.

"Well answer him Arlyss," Melvyn said after a moment as he turned to his left. After seeing nobody there, he turned back to Wondu, "Let me try that all again."

He paused, and then motioned to his left again, "...And of course, you already know Arlyss."

At that moment Arlyss came running up, followed by another woman. Compared to Arlyss she was very flabbily dressed, with loose pants, a torn up vest and an even worse looking jacket. But her raven hair seemed to sparkle in the sun, and her soft blue eyes could be compared to the endlessness of the ocean; as beautiful, but as cold and unforgiving. Her face was hard, as one who had lived years without trusting a soul. She was only a few years older than Arlyss, but she had a maturity which far surpassed her. Upon seeing the two, Eamon shuffled to his feet and clumsily brushed himself off.

"Hey guys!" Arlyss greeted the others, "What'd I miss?"

"Well Killroy started his first fight, Wondu got a job with a prince, and Eamon got thrown out a window," Melvyn explained. "So nothing much."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Ey? I didn't start the fight..." Killroy looked confused.

He then looked even more confused when Arlyss arrived out of nowhere, right on Melvyn's cue. Probably just a coincidence though.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Wondu slowly walked up to Arlyss, but couldn't recognize her face just because she was older than the last time he saw her. That is...when she was a baby.

"Are you...Arlyss?" he asked to be sure.

"Is that how you ask strangers like that?" Harvey responded.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Oh my goodness, are you the Great Wondu?" Arlyss said as she ran up and hugged him, "I have heard so much about your heroic adventures with my father and mother! I feel like we're family!"

"You are pathetic," the woman next to her sighed.

"You are new," Melvyn added.

"You are right," she replied.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Ye are who?" Killroy looked at the new woman in confusion.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Yes Arlyss." Wondu smiled, "You have grown up to be a beautiful woman, just like your mother. How have you been after all these years?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Why thank you," Arlyss blushed, "You're such a charming fella; I bet my mother thought the world of you!"

"We won't mention the boiling water incident," Melvyn winked as he nudged Wondu.

"The what?" Arlyss asked.

"There she is!" Cried a voice several buildings away, "That's the woman who deceived you Captain!"

"Are you sure Kep?" Another voice replied, "That looks a lot like a boy to me!"

"Not that one Ellert!" Kep snapped, "The one with the mustache!"

"Shut up you both!" A voice boomed. Behind the two men emerged a middle aged with a long white beard.
 He was dressed in dark red garb, and wore a black tricorn on his head. Though he was still a fair distance away, he stared at the group intently.

"Time to go," Melvyn said as he began to slowly back away.

"Get them!" The captain finally yelled, as a band of more than two dozen of his crewmen charged towards the group.

"Now would be good," Melvyn said as he motioned the others to follow him.

"We can fight!" Arlyss said as she turned to face the pirates, though Eamon and the other woman grabbed both her arms and pulled her as they ran after Melvyn.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Is this part of the lesson too, Mr. Vyn?" Killroy asked as he took off running alongside them.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"I say now!" Harvey spoke up, "Where are you all going?"

Both Harvey and Wondu turned their heads to see a band of pirates charging towards them.

"I don't think they're here to join the reunion for fun." Wondu replied as he slowly walked backwards before he started to run, "INTO THE BAR!" he grabbed Harvey and ran into the bar incase if the pirates were not after them.

"Why are we here when we could be running with them?!" snapped Harvey, "They could come after us!"

"Few reasons," began Wondu, "First, they may not be after us! Second, if they are, they won't run around in bars like this especially with people drinking in here! And third-I'm thirsty!"

"Well-that proves my point."

"It does?"

"Yes. Because I'm thirsty too."

"Oh...so it does. Alright, we'll just have a drink for a bit and then we'll run away with the group."

"Agreed-wait what?!" 

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Elsewhere...

"And that's why ya never leave port without a significant supply of ale!" Jeff snapped, slamming a tankard of said beverage against the table.

"But... you're a pirate, aren't you? Shouldn't you need a supply of rum?" the man he was speaking to asked.

"RUM!? I'm a DWAAAAAARF! Why would I drink rum when I have ale? Unless it's vinum, which I don't have anymore! And is also consequently why I'm drinking so much ale right now!"

"I see, sorry if I offended you, sir." the man replied.

"Yeah, well ya just did by apologizin' for offendin'. Offendin' people's not a crime, landlubber, and ya should take pride in every fragile sensibility ya shatter!"

"Ah... uh... right. Well, if it's all the same to you, I'm going to... go... somewhere else." the man stood up and walked away.

"Eh, young people these days." Jeff grumbled.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Luetenberger slowly hid the barrel of rum he had just purchased behind his back.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
As for Prince Carder and his men, they tried looking for a ship to sail, but the ship were ether under repair from being damaged or perhaps some captains weren't willing to help.

"It seems to me that we ended up at a wrong day to ask someone to sail." one of the guards said.

"Nonsense!" Prince Carder protested, "It doesn't matter if we arrived at the harbor at a wrong day or time. What matters is, we have to find those shards before some evil person does!"

"Understood." the guard replied.

"So hopefully, there will be some captain who will sail us for this quest." the Prince added.

"There's another bar not far from the harbor." the other guard pointed out, "Maybe we can find a captain there."

"I don't know about that. We would end up getting drunk or get into a bar fight."

"To a prince? With all due respect your highness, but your father and his brother always go to a bar and drink what ever they want! Sometimes...almost...if we ever saw him go there. But there's a chance we can ask any captain there."

"Very well then." sighed Prince Carder as he and the two guards walked up to the bar.

They walked in the bar where there were men drinking and gathering supplies.

"ALL RISE TO THE PRINCE!" the guard announced before Prince Carder covered his mouth with his hand.

"Not at the ears! Shessh!" the Prince groaned.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
One or two people stood up, but most remained seated.

"Price of what, buddy? We don't just stand for any prince, you know!" one of the patrons exclaimed.

Others began to laugh.

Jeff remained seated, drinking his ale, however.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Luetenberger raised his hand sheepishly, "Uh, shouldn't we kneel instead?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Is that how you speak to the-" began the guard before being interrupted.

"Wilber." interrupted the Prince, "It's okay. Carry on with your drinks! It's what we all do!"

"Uh-what?" the guard named Wilber responded in confusion.

"Though on the other hand," Prince Carder spoke again, "I'm looking for any captain who will sail me to Veridia! They will be rewarded if they're willing to help!"