Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part IV: The Gauntlet of Izabran  (Read 7107 times)

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"OH! Well, that's a fair point! OKAY! LUETENBERGER, FINNBARR, CHARGE!!!" Jeff roared.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
“Not now!” Finnbarr whined, “I’m only behind by 20 silver pieces!”

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"What!? But that's backward from where you were before!" Jeff groaned, "Forget the cards, we have five chests of gold to earn!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
“Oh fine!” Finnbarr yelled as he drew his sword and joined Jeff.

“But... but five is less than twenty!” Luetenberger lamented as he smashed a chair over one of the pirates.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"What, who said anything about twenty?" Jeff questioned, right after charging into the kneecaps of one of the sailors and flipping him over his back.

Unfortunately, they were still outnumbered, and the door was blocked by several burly ruffians.

"Mr. Finnbarr, we have an immediate need for an alternative exit!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Let's see..." Finnbarr thought, "Luetenberger! Throw something through the window!"

"Uh, okay." Luetenberger shrugged as he picked up Finnbarr.

"Wait a minute, I didn't mean tha...!"

CRASH

And through the window flew Mr. Finnbarr.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Fine job, Luetenberger, we'll make pirate outta ya yet." Jeff patted the big man on the... hip... well he can't reach the shoulder, "Out the window ya lot!"

He motioned for Prince Carder and his men to jump out the window.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"I'M A LITTLE BUSY AT THE MOMENT!" called out Nelson still fighting some men.

But Prince Carder and Wilber managed to escape from the fighting crowd and headed towards the window.

"NELSON NOW!" the Prince ordered and jumped out through the window.

"FINE THEN!" shouted Nelson and punched the sailors out of his way and darted towards the window and jumped through out of the building, "Whew! Bar fights aren't quiet as they use to!"

"Never mind that, Nelson! We got to get going before those seagulls chase after us!" responded Carder as they ran away from the bar.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Jeff jumped through the window a moment later.

"Come on Luetenberger!" he snapped, just in case the big man didn't think to join them outside, "Before they catch up!"

The front door of the tavern burst open, revealing the angry mob of sailors.

"They caught up!" Jeff gulped, taking off into a sprint after the prince, "Aiy! Prince! Follow me to my ship!"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Now why didn't I think of that?!" the Prince exclaimed, "Follow the dwarf!"

"Right! Follow the-the WHAT?!" Wilber spoke aloud before seeing the short figure running towards the docks, "Since when did we not know he's a dwarf?!"

"Run first! Ask later!" Nelson zoomed by Wilber, "THEN FIGHT ANOTHER TIME!"

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Jeff led his two crewman, as well as the prince and his guards, through the dockyard, weaving around crates, jumping over rope lines, ducking under livestock (okay, only Jeff did that) and just generally avoiding various obstacles that got in their way. Finally they saw the ship on the docks ahead.

"MAKE READY TO SAIL!" the dwarven captain roared as they drew near, "DEEVE! BROOSE! DUNCAN! CABIN BOY! FANCY-PANTS! THE LOT OF YA! RAISE ANCHOR AND LOOSE THE SAILS!"

Up the boarding ramp he charged.

"MOVE IT! WE HAVE NO Time... to... waste...?"

He paused when he saw the that there was nobody on deck.

"Deeve? Broose? Duncan?" he looked around, "Boy? Short guy? Cook...? Fancy-Paints...? Morrison!?"

He walked into the middle of the deck.

"Anybody...?"

« Last Edit: Jun 20 2019, 02:20 PM by Tyler294 »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Technically it's Morrisons, since we have three of them aboard," Finnbarr explained as he pulled out the roster. "I think now would be a good time for a role call."

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Oh, by ALL MEANS, Mr. Finnbarr, please, start the roll call! While ya at it, why don't ya get the names of all those goons that are chasin' us!? 'Cuz they're the only ones who seem decent enough to actually SHOW UP!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Oh, so you don't think NOW would be a good time to see if there's anyone around to SAIL THE SHIP!" Finnbarr retorted, "We can't just have you, Luetenberger and I sail the ship! You remember what happened the last time we tried that!"

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Of course I remember the last time we tried that! The difference that time was that we weren't bein' chased by a whole tavern-full o' angry pirates!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"We were being chased by your mother!" Finnbarr snapped, "That was much worse!"

"She made good bread," Luetenberger smiled and closed his eyes.

"She hit me with a garden hoe!"

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Don't be absurd Mr. Finnbarr! If my ma was actually intendin' to do ya damage, she'd have brought out my grandpappy's shovel! As it was, she was just tryin' tuh give ya a little scare, so you wouldn't go off loitering in her mushroom patch again!" Jeff barked.

"Uh, 'scuse me boys..."

Jeff turned to find a woman looking down from the upper deck. She had the look of a pirate, with a short, sloppy black hair spilling out from beneath a red bandana, a golden earring in each of her ears, and a harpoon slung over her back. One of her arms was exposed and heavily tattooed, with a bracer on her wrist, while the other was covered in a full sleeve. She had an unscarred, youthful face, though something about the way she looked at the men with her vibrant green eyes told them that she was far more experienced than her looks portrayed.

"I'm lookin' for the captain, any of ye be him?" she spoke again, her voice mid-toned and slightly scratchy.

"Mr. Finnbarr, is she on ya roll call list...?" Jeff turned toward his first mate.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Oh, so NOW you want the role call?" Finnbarr said as he crossed his arms.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"FINNBARR! IF I SAY I WANT A ROLL CALL, YOU BEST GIVE ME A R--" Jeff boomed, turning around to fully face the half-Leprechaun, "Wait a second... Mr. Finnbarr... WHERE'S THE PRINCE!?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Several minutes earlier...

After Jeff, Finnbarr and Luetenberger had charged off, Prince Carder and his guards tried to keep up. But after weaving through the busy streets of Hanichu they fell behind and became more concerned with escaping the tavern pirates who were still chasing them. As the pirates caught up Wilber and Nelson began to fight while the prince kept looking for Jeff. Suddenly, he bumped into a figure who was running from the opposite direction.

"Oh, Prince Carder! Right on time!" The man said as four of his companions caught up with him. "If you want to make it to the ship, you'd better come with us."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"But I already made a deal with a dwarf-like Captain to ride on his-wait...how did you know who I am?" the Prince startled as he got up.

"Back off you sea bugs!" yelled Wilber to the pirates while fighting them.

"YA!" agreed Nelson, "You're barking at the wrong trees!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"That's Jeff, I'm Melvyn, and we're friends," Melvyn explained, "but we really need to get moving!"

The pirates who had been chasing Melvyn's group then came into view.

"There they are!" the captain yelled, "Get them!"

"Thinking time is over!" Eamon said as he grabbed the Prince's arm and began running down another street while the others followed him.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"WOAH!" cried the Prince as he was flying in the air while holding on Eamon's arm.

"There's too many of them!" called out Wilber, "We need to retreat!"

"A good solider never retreats from a fight!" disagreed Nelson till more pirates crowded in with their swords, "HE RUNS FROM BEING KILLED!!"

The ran away from the pirates till they saw a group of people running with the Prince!

"OI! Those people are kidnapping the Prince!" Nelson gasped to Wilber.

"HEY! Stop you thieves!" ordered Wilber as he and Nelson charged after the group while the pirates ran after them as well.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The group ran down the docks and up to the ship. Jeff seemed to to be yelling at Finnbarr.

"Wait a second... Mr. Finnbarr... WHERE'S THE PRINCE!?"

"Got him!" Melvyn declared as his group came aboard.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"What!? Morrison, I thought I told ya not to leave the ship!" Jeff exclaimed, the swept his finger back-and-forth across everyone who had boarded with Melvyn, "I thought I told all of ya not to leave the ship!"

"Oi, tuh be fair, sir, I was ordered tuh leave the ship." Killroy nervously stated.

"What, who ordered ya to do such a thing!?" Jeff snapped.

"Uh, Mister Cook did, sir." Killroy gulped.

"COOK! Why the devil would Cook---" Jeff paused again, "Wait, then where in blazes did Cook go!?"

Just then, the door from the lower deck opened, and up walked Cook, his arm slung over Tucker's shoulder, both of them with bottles in their hands.

"Ah, g'day cap'n!" he laughed, "I warsh juss' showin' Tuckerrrr here my... *hic* ...home brew..."