Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part IV: The Gauntlet of Izabran  (Read 12810 times)

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
"Hey Jeff," Finnbarr whispered as he pulled him aside, "We're not actually sailing to Veridia, right?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Erm... eventually," Jeff shrugged, "I have a plan!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"You have a plan, well that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling... like when a monsoon's on the horizon!" Finnbarr rolled his eyes.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"That is uncalled for, Mister Finnbarr! My plans are always brilliant! It's just your execution of said plans that always messes us up!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"It's not my job to execute anyone! If you wanted an executioner you should have hired one in Hanichu!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Well then maybe I should appoint one of THOSE people executioner!" Jeff pointed at the new crewmen and passengers below.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Melvyn looked at his compass, then looked up at the group.

"Okay, time to begin! Let's all introduce ourselves. My name is Sonny Phylmorson."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Everybody looked confused.

"Hey wait a minute! You never told me you had a different name!" Harvey spoke up.

"Sonny? Who's Sonny?!" Deve shouted.

"You can call him Phyl." Wondu chuckled and whispered to Carder, "His name is actually Melvyn."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Is that what ye prefer to be called, Mister Vyn?" Killroy wondered.

Gideon just eyed Melvyn suspiciously, then eyed everyone else suspiciously.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Why would I prefer to be called That? That is kind of a funny name... though I suppose if you wanted to call me Mister That, it would be okay."

"Well I'll be next," Arlyss interrupted, "My name is Arlyss, and I'm Mr. That's daughter. My brother over there is Eamon, and we come from Westinburg. I enjoy adventure, family and clan reunions, and skirmishes with the local folk!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"I've been to Westinburg once. I loike their pies." Cook remarked.

"Uh... I guess if it be my turn..." Killroy looked around, "Name's Killroy, son of Gillroy! But call me either Kill, or Roy, if ye please."

"Aw, that's cute." the dark-haired woman giggled, stepping past Killroy and ruffling his hair with her hand.

Once she was passed him though, she struck a rather exaggerated pose in the midst of the group, as she introduced herself.

"Molly Aurora, high sea extraordinaire! Plunderer of ports, conqueror of ships, and slayer of fell beasties, and men, if you take my meaning," she gave Eamon a wink, "at your service!"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Aye. And don't forget about me!" Tucker called out Finnbarr, "I am Tucker Green as I said before. Used to be a cleaner and cargo-men...till now...which is way better!"

"And I am Prince Carder of Jerando." announced the Prince, "Son of my father King Kolo and my Mother Queen Ruby! And these two men's names is Wondu Roads who once helped Tarek of Veridia, and Harvey Spear, foamer captain of my father's army!"

"At your service!" Harvey replied.
« Last Edit: Aug 02 2019, 07:36 AM by Shawnex »

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Whey are ye all at our service! Shouldn't ye be at the captain's service!?" Killroy snapped.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Actually, I serve the Prince...and the king." said Harvey, "But I was just saying! What's the problem with that?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Wait a minute," the unnamed woman interrupted, "which of you here are actually crew members?"

"I honestly believe just the captain and first mate," Melvyn shrugged. "The rest of us are here for the ride."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"I-I-I'm part of the crew!" Duncan volunteered.

"Roight, designated swimmer, 'ee is," Cook laughed.

"So who are ye supposed to be?" Gideon glared at the unnamed woman, "Ye don't look like a sailor to me."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"My name is Shelana, and I am a pirate, pretty boy," she answered. "And what are you supposed to be? The keeper of the dress code?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Do ye not recognize the garb of an honored servant of House Corbaine?" Gideon snapped, "Ye ought to speak to me with some level of respect!"

"No wonder he didn't say 'at yer service'," Killroy noted, "He still be serving our enemies!"

"Aye, wonder what we outta do about this," Cook rubbed his chin with one hand, and fingered the meat cleaver strapped to his belt with the other.

"I mean do ye not recognize the garb of an ex-servant of House Corbaine!" Gidean yelped, "But now very much an honored servant of good Captain Jeff!"
« Last Edit: Oct 11 2019, 07:43 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Is it something I should recognize?" Shelana asked blankly.

"Speaking of which, we should go shopping for clothes the next time we make port!" Arlyss said as she nodded to Molly, "You're in, right?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"You got it, girl!" Molly gave Arlyss a thumbs up.

"Oy! What're ya all still standin' around for!" Jeff's voice suddenly boomed from above, "Back to work, the lot of ya! We need all hands workin' at full capacity if we're to make it to Veridia!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Luetenberger came up from below deck, and began handing out oars to everyone on deck.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Molly looked down at the oar, then back at Luetenberger, then back at the oar.

"We'd be better off if we all got out and pushed," she remarked.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Okay... B-but... don't you think we better ask Cap'm Jeff first?" Luetenberger asked.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Oh, no no, don't bother the captain with it, sweetie," Molly patted Luetenberger on the shoulder (though she had to get on her tip-toes a little to reach it), "You keep on doing your duty."

"Speaking-a duty, I best get back below decks. G'day," Cook nodded to the rest of the crew, before heading back to the galley.

Gideon had decided to leave the gathering, and was now ascending the stairs to get to the upper deck.

"Cap'n, if I may!" he addressed Jeff.

"Ya may not, crewman fancy-pants! Whatever it is, the answer is no!" Jeff roared.

"Beggin' yer pardon, sir," Gideon growled, "But this is mighty important! If we be sailin' tuh Veridia, the ought we be headin' east? We be goin' the wrong way!"

"Aye, but the Corbaines are following us from the east, so I'm not to keen on heading back that way so soon," Jeff shook his head.

"But if ye double-back, they might not be expectin' it, and ye might give 'em the slip!" Gideon suggested.

"Maybe, but I know ol' Clarence, and he'll be expecting me to expect him to not expect me to turn back east, therefor, I will go west to throw him off!" Jeff countered.

"But what if Clarence is expectin' you to expect him to expect you to expect him to not expect you to turn back east!"

"I expect he may expect that, but I expect that he'll know that I expect that he expects that, which is how I will fool him!"

"But what if he expects that you expect him to expect you of expectin' him!?"

"WHY THAT DIRTY VILLAIN!" Jeff exploded, "I did not expect him to be so clever! All hands, brace yaselves!"

With that, he suddenly flung the helm to the left, causing the ship to make an abrupt turn to port, which he held until they were facing directly east.

"I'll show him to try to match wits with with Captain Jeff!" the dwarven captain growled defiantly.
« Last Edit: Oct 11 2019, 08:01 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The next few days passed uneventfully as the band of sailors traveled to the east and towards Veridia. As morning dawned on the fourth day, the sleeping crew members on the lower deck were awoken by the sound of... Melvyn.

"Good morning everyone!" he greeted as he pushed on the hammocks, perhaps hard enough to knock a few unsuspecting blokes onto the floor. "We have urgent business afoot! Get up and prepare to man your stations!"