Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part IV: The Gauntlet of Izabran  (Read 16408 times)

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
"Yes, but I really think it should be hung," Arlyss thought aloud, "Your arms will get pretty tired if you keep holding it like that."

Shelanna blankly stared at Arlyss for a moment, then took a corner of the sheet from Duncan and began to hang it off one of the beams.
« Last Edit: Jun 25 2020, 04:43 PM by DeadJim »

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Once the sheet was hung, Gideon picked up a pair of headless axe handles and clomped them together.

"Alright lads an' lasses, let's take it from the top!" he proclaimed, "Actors, take your positions! And... action!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Once upon a time there was a kingdom in a far away land, where there lived a king and his beautiful daughter. The king was just, kind, and gentle, and was loved by all the people of the land. The king also loved his people, but most of all he loved his daughter, and wanted her to have a worthy man take her hand in marriage. So the king sent out invitations to every neighboring kingdom, and every noble family, that on his daughter’s 18th birthday, he would hold a ball in her honor. At this ball, his daughter would choose a man to be her husband, and they would live happily ever after. For that is how the stories go… or is it?

Twas the eve of the princess’s birthday, and the whole kingdom was in a uproar with preparations for the festivities. But that would not be the only thing that day to cause an uproar. Suddenly there appeared in the sky, a monstrous dragon, which began circling the castle, setting fire to the corner turrets and any of the king’s soldiers that tried to fend it off. The battle with the dragon was short lived, and the dragon soon flew into the heart of the castle, where it reached the keep. Before the king or his knights knew what had happened, the princess screamed, and the dragon carried her off into the distant mountains.

On the day of the ball, instead of a celebration, the king called to the palace the young men he had summoned for the occasion. When they had all gathered, he pleaded as he spoke to them…

“Princes, dukes, lords, and noble men of the land: I beseech you with my most earnest request. As you all know, my daughter, Princess Sarra Matilda, should be with us on this most beautiful day. But alas, she has been stolen from us, and is being held captive by an evil dragon in the Tower of Kismet deep in the mountains of Precipicia.”

The King sighed wearily and buried his head in his hands. After a moment he looked back at the men and continued.

“I cannot force you to go on this mission, but I can guarantee that if you are successful, you shall be greatly rewarded! Land, gold, jewels… and perhaps the hand of my daughter in marriage, if one of you should so greatly show his courage and valor! The fate of the Kingdom, the fate of the Monarchy, but most importantly, the fate of my daughter rests in your hands.”

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
One man, a relatively tall, yet also quite wide gentleman of middle age, with a great bushy mustache to accent his rounded facial features, boldly stepped forward before any other man could. He dramatically tossed his elegant cape over his back, then looked left to right, before centering his eyes upon the king.

"So..." the Duke of Boulderham began in a baritone voice, "Is that..."

He paused, blinking a moment, before looking side to side again.

"Why... we are here?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Yes, good Duke," the King replied, "I very astute observation! I do believe that you are all here, because it was your destiny in life to do so! 'Tis saving my daughter the reason for your existence!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Incredible..." the duke mused at that.

As the large man pondered the meaning of life, another, far younger man, accompanied by another young man, the two of them princes from a neighboring kingdom and brothers to boot, stepped forward. He dramatically drew out his sword and stabbed the blade to the ground, before genuflecting to one knee.

"Your majesty, I so solemnly swear upon my oath of honor as a High Lord of the Realm of Kitamor, Crown Prince of the city of Catinople, and heir to the House of Litabeaux, that thy daughter shall be recovered safely, and the fell beast shall be slain!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Alas, good prince, you are a most noble and courageous young man," The King exclaimed. "What is your name?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"I am Prince Charles de Litabeaux, and your humble service your majesty," the man bowed again.