Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part IV: The Gauntlet of Izabran  (Read 20425 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Well then, Mister Finnbarr, why don't ya--" Jeff began, before Molly mercifully interrupted.

"Captain, I have maintained our heading of forty degrees due east and we are making fine time. However..."

"However!? Why is there always a however!? Or a "but", or an "unfortunately", or a "the only problem is"! CAN YA PEOPLE NEVER DELIVER GOOD NEWS AND JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT!" Jeff exploded.

"..." Molly pursed her lips to one side, then smiled and shrugged, "Of course sir, no bad news to report!"

"Oh, good!" Jeff grunted, "Ya had me worried for a moment there."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
"As delightful as this has been," Melvyn stated as he tipped his hat the the group, "I believe that my son and Mr. Cook might be needing some help in the kitchen, so I shall bid you all farewell for now. Miss Aurora."

He tipped his hat once more to the girl, and departed down the stairs. He was about to head below deck, when he took a turn and headed for Prince Carder's cabin. He approached it and knocked on the door.
« Last Edit: Apr 01 2020, 11:32 AM by DeadJim »

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The door opened slowly till the prince popped his out.

"You wish to see me?" he asked.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"On the contrary, I believe you wish to see me," Melvyn said confidently, "Shall I come in?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Yes you may." replied the prince as he let Melvyn in, "So tell me, you helped Tarek to retrieve the shards of Losh and helped him restore his empire from the Cerulean Republic. What made you do that?"
« Last Edit: Mar 10 2020, 07:01 PM by Shawnex »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"I see you've talked to Wondu," Melvyn said cautiously, "Be careful in your search for the Shards, Your Highness. You have no idea what danger they involve."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"My father and mother told me about them that whoever has them in his hands, controls the weather. Me, you're friend, & my former captain were sent to find those stones. Because Wondu told me that the Veridia Empire had lost against the Ceruleans again. And if they have them, we must stop them or else the world will be in danger! Or worse yet, any evil being will take them!" Carder told him.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Your Highness, if I may be so bold," Melvyn said as if to begin a long dramatic reply, "Calm. Down."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"I know. But my father won't allow himself or anyone else to be part of using the from the stones." advised Carder calmly and whispered to Melvyn, "Which is why I offered the Captain of this ship to take me and my men to Veridia. Once we retrieved these stones, we'll dispose them before any evil being takes them!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Yes, but your highness, you must be discreet about it," Melvyn cautioned. "You have no idea who you are sailing with, and who you shall encounter in your search. You are also without your guards, so you only have Mr. Spear and Wondu to rely on. And of these, you only really know Mr. Spear, which means your friends are few. You must hide the true meaning of your search, and you must NOT mention the shards. To ANYONE."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"I understand." agreed the prince, "Now you mentioned about my guards...I wonder what they're up to?"

"WE'RE GOING AFTER MY SON!" King Kolo ordered to his men who were preparing to leave the castle after the two guards Wilber and Nelson reported all the commotion about the prince.

"Go back to that village?!" Nelson questioned nervously, "But what about those stupid sailors who were trying to capture him?!"

"They will remain doing their business!" the King replied, "I should've known my son would get into trouble again! But yet, we can only hope that he can get to Veridia to find the Shards-...if he ever makes it there. So be ready! We're leaving right now!"

"That was your idea that we lost the prince!" Wilber muttered sharply to Nelson.

"So was yours, Buster!" Nelson snapped back as he and Wilber got back on their horses.

Queen Ruby ran to the King and was worried about him and her son.

"Are you sure that you're going after our son into the sea who's with a band of pirates?!" she asked nervously.

"I have to!" the King said, "Because I can't lose our son! He may be in trouble!"

"But your highness! Harvey and Wondu are with him!" Nelson called out.

"It won't make a difference since they're outnumbered!" King Kolo replied, "If something ever happen to him...I'll never forgive myself since I sent him away! He's our only son, and our future king! So we must go save him! ARE YOU WITH ME?!"

"YES YOUR HIGHNESS!" replied the men.

"While I'm gone, you are in charge of my kingdom." the King told the Queen.

"I wish you good luck. Please be safe." the Queen said sadly and hugged her husband and began to cry, "I don't want to lose you either."

"I know, Ruby. I know." the King said sadly as well.

The King got on to his horse and led twenty of his men along with Wilber and Nelson out the castle and galloped to the open country side. Queen Ruby stood above the gate as she watched her husband ran into the distance.

***

Back to the ship, Wondu and Harvey walked up to the main area of the ship to see the crew doing their work.

"I hope the prince knows what he's doing." Wondu whispered to Harvey, "Because I don't trust those men."

"Neither do I." replied Harvey, "Especially with those two dummies who stole a ton weapons from town."

The two dummies Harvey mentioned were Broose and Deve.

"How long do we have to sail to reach...any land the Prince wants?" complained Broose.

"Depends how long you be Quartermaster." Deve replied rudely.

"I see. But still-...What's a Quartermaster?!"

"All I know is," Tucker walked by, "You're not my master!"

"Wait...I'M A MASTER?!" gasped Broose.

"I was being sarcastic." Tucker mumbled.

"Well...it's worse than a-half master! HA-HA!" Deve laughed.

"Yes." Wondu agreed to Harvey, "I see your point."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Melvyn left the prince's room and entered the main deck, and upon seeing Wondu and Harvey, walked over to them.

"I'm going to need some help below deck," he said, "Go down and I'll join you shortly."
« Last Edit: Sep 24 2020, 04:02 PM by DeadJim »

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Of course." agreed Wondu, "What for?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Melvyn smiled, "Just a little distraction." He then left them and headed toward the kitchen... wherever that was.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Very well then." replied Wondu and he and Harvey walked below deck.

« Last Edit: Sep 24 2020, 04:03 PM by Shawnex »

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Meanwhile, Gideon had reached the bow of the ship, only to find Deve and Broose were there, having been obscured from his line of sight by some (empty) crates. Looking around and finding that nobody else was present, the ex-Corbaine enforcer instantly thought up a scheme.

"Ah, good morning to ye, lads," he greeted them, "Fine day, ain't it?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"No!" complained Deve, "It is terrible after Me woke up! Seagulls diving in water, Broose not knowing what a Quartermaster is, and we in the open OCEAN! Of course it a fine day."

Broose rolled his eyes. 

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Ah, 'tis a shame," Gideon shook his head, "Imagine if ye both were rich enough to not have to deal with it?"

He then wrapped his arms around each of their shoulders.

"Imagine if we found a wee bit of treasure?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Oooh! I like the sound of treasure!" Broose said excitedly, "But unfortunately...we never got to it."

"Yeah. All we have to do is deliver fish to Captain's boss!" added Deve, "Now all we have to do is take thee prince to ye dead war zone of Veridia!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Sounds like a lotta unnecessary risk to me," Gideon shook his head, "But that Melvyn guy, did either if ye notice... 'e took something offa that dead man that we found a few days ago. An' he's hiding it too, keepin' it to himself."

He looked back and forth between the two.

"Ye know why? He's got somethin' valuable... something like... treasure."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"TREASURE!" Deve and Broose spoke up till Gideon put his hands on their mouths. No one heard them. So he uncovered them.

"Did you say treasure?" Deve whispered, "And we not notice it?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Aye, he's a sneaky one, that Melvyn. He's trying to keep us from noticin', but I see through his deception. But he's crafty, he'll try to distract us, keep the others too busy to notice what he's hiding. We can't let him know we be on to him though."

He glanced over his shoulder to make sure nobody was watching.

"So here's the plan, we keep an eye on him, watch to see where he be hidin' that treasure he took. If any of us find out, we tell the other two. Then, we come up with a plan to take the treasure for ourselves and split it between the three of us."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"I waited to have any treasure for a long time!" Broose rubbed his hands, "Even when I became a sailor!"

"Me say we kill him at night and take thee treasure!" Deve hissed pulling out his sword, "And...shall we split it with me sword?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Ssshhhhh..." Gideon patted them both on the shoulders, "Patience, lads. First we need to find out where he be keepin' the treasure, then we can act. Until then, just keep quiet and watch him."

He removed his arms from their shoulders, and stepped in front of the two, then put his hand out.

"Do we have an accord?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
"Aye!" agreed Deve.

"It's a deal!" Broose added.