Author Topic: Crossroads Character Bios  (Read 260 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Crossroads Character Bios
Posted Dec 27 2018, 11:17 AM
So, gonna do something slightly different here. As opposed to previous RPs where we've done stat sheets that only get used during fights, and only wind up dragging down the RPs and annoying everyone involved, we'll be forgoing that format and instead focusing on more useful information.

I happened to recall a thread Jonathan and I had been playing around in a while back, so I went back and dug up the beautiful character reference card we created there. I made a couple tweaks, but now it should be ready for use.

SO! What I want from you all is to provide my with the information below, but send it to me via Discord or an OOC thread here on the forum. I will handle the posting of all the character sheets, since I suspect most of you will get confused if you try to work with all the coding involved in the card's construction. Basically, I'm saying don't post in this thread, just read it! Anyway, please send the following:

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:
Provide me with the character's full name (including middle names, hyphenated names, juniors and seniors, and so on), the character's main moniker/nickname/title, the character's height, date of birth (once a month/year system is established) and a few notes. If the name or D.O.B. are secret for story purposes, that's fine, just give me whatever can be known.

SKILLS & ABILITIES:
A list of things the character is skilled at (if a common thing) or competent in (if an uncommon thing) performing.

POWERS:
A list of major magical powers. If the character uses magically-imbued objects but does not directly invoke magic through sorcery (inherent magic) or wizardry (spell casting), then it should not be noted here. Because obviously it is possible for characters to know a lot of spells or have a lot of unique powers, so focus mainly on the "base" magic types. For example "Fire Magic" or "Ice Magic" or "Telekinetic Magic" and so on.

WEAKNESSES:
Mental or physical instances that are of detriment to the character. Examples might include physical weakness to sunlight, an allergy to magic, a susceptibility to alcohol or a phobia of spiders. If you list something, please try to make sure your character reacts accurately to that weakness, should it ever present itself in-story.

For the above information, let me know if you think having an experience system would be a good idea. For example, a 1-3 or 1-5 scale of level in each category. If not, we'll skip that and leave things vague.

Example of a completed card (image is temporary until I get the updated one uploaded):

Character Name
Character Title or Nickname

SKILLS
Doing cool stuff

POWERS
Magic and stuff

WEAKNESSES
Thinking they're too cool

NAMEHEIGHTBIRTH
Character Full Name8' 9"Month Day, Year Era
This is a cool generic character, with example information.

« Last Edit: Feb 26 2019, 09:54 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 29 2018, 10:01 AM
Index

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 29 2018, 10:52 PM

Karl Saxon
Ghost Fist

SKILLS
Farming

POWERS
Ice Creation
Ice Manipulation

WEAKNESSES
Heat

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
Karl Saxon6' 0"17
Raised on a farm by his grandparents. Was marginalized in his hometown due to his magical ability.  Often speaks to his dead sister who appears to him as a ghost, but is not visible to anyone else.

Vance
A Simple Farmer

SKILLS
Farming

POWERS
Unknown

WEAKNESSES
Simple Farmer

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
VanceN/AN/A
Just a simple farmer that lives near Arcus Tuar.

Nora
Technologist

SKILLS
Farming
Technology

POWERS
Unknown

WEAKNESSES
Unknown

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
NoraN/AN/A
Farmer who lives near Arcus Tuar. "Adopted daughter" of Vance.

Ada
Unemployed Employee

SKILLS
Unpaid Labor

POWERS
Unknown

WEAKNESSES
Unknown

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
Ada5' 6"17
Teenager who hangs around an inn, where she sweeps and works despite not being part of the staff.

The Mysterious Wizard
A Wizard, Who Is Mysterious

SKILLS
Alchemy

POWERS
Wizardry

WEAKNESSES
Unknown

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
Mysterious Wizard5' 10"N/A
A mysterious wizard who seeks powerful artifacts for an unknown purpose.

June Hagan
The Broke Ranger

SKILLS
Archery
Swordsmanship

POWERS
None

WEAKNESSES
Fatigue
Deep Sleep

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
June Hagan5' 7"25
Adventurer and mercenary. Doesn't talk much about her life before adventuring. Skilled with a bow and sword, but wary of magic.

Evelyn Kyrielight
The Light Knight

SKILLS
Swordsmanship
Some Archery

POWERS
Light Magic

WEAKNESSES
Spiders

NAMEHEIGHTAGE
Evelyn "Evie" Kyrielight5' 4"26
Adventurer and mercenary. Primarily uses sword and shield, but also possesses intermediate light magic ability. Has been on-and-off adventuring partners with June Hagan for some time.

« Last Edit: Mar 14 2019, 02:56 PM by Tyler294 »