Author Topic: Currently Unnamed RP Discussion  (Read 5771 times)

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Currently Unnamed RP Discussion
Posted Sep 09 2013, 11:08 PM
So, I've had this RP in mind for a while now so here's the gist of it:

The civilized world of Scildor has fallen into the control of the Empire of Arkaya. After the Arkayans took power, they were quick to ban magic. They believed that magic had no place in a world of technology. But a small faction known as The Wielders believed that technology could be advanced further with magic. So they fled the known lands and were last seen near Fierendor heading towards The Unknown Iceland. Another faction known as The Reapers thought that not only light magic should be used, but also dark magic. So to fully unlock their power, Reapers summon powerful demons and allow them to possess them. They then retreat into their own mind and subdue the demon and force it to yield its control over the body. This allows the Reapers to have incredible power in the Dark Arts.

Basically your characters could belong to either the Arkayan Empire, The Wielders, or the Reapers. If you have another faction in mind, feel free to leave a post.

This is something that in case you didn't pick up on it, the entire RP is in a magical Steampunk world.

Please leave any suggestions in a post!

« Last Edit: Sep 09 2013, 11:15 PM by PlasmicPlatypus »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Sep 11 2013, 02:15 PM
This sounds like it could be interesting, with a bit more planning. There should probably be restrictions on which faction you're in, or at least the area that all the characters start, otherwise the characters could all be scattered across the map, alone without anything to do.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Sep 11 2013, 04:15 PM
True. We don't have a ton of members yet on this site, so a multi-factioned RP like that may be difficult, unless we each had multiple characters, separated into factions. Couple other questions about the world though, such as, do you know what the continents/countries/regions are, or if there are any fictional species(Sentient or otherwise)?

The idea's a bit vague at the moment, but I've never done a Steampunk RP, so I'm interested.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Sep 11 2013, 06:57 PM
@Aeliss: I agree, there should be restrictions. Such as:
You cannot have more than one character in either the Reapers or the Wielders. The reason for this is that they are very small factions whereas the Arkayan Empire is an empire... So, yeah. And you can't have a J'Hak character unless you really need one for plot reasons due to them being so rare.

@Garyn: I do know where they are, because this world is one that I created when I was about five years old. I have a few maps on paper, but I'm currently working on a revised version with Gimp. As for races, they are as follows:

Humans: self-explanatory

J'Hak (pronounced Juh-Hahk): An extremely intellegent bipedal reptilian race that discovered how to control magic, and that steam could be harnessed. Their race is also well known for being incredibly skilled assassins due to their extraordinary agility. All females of their race died out centuries ago. The only reason they have survived is because of their lives that can last up to 500 years and that they have unlocked the secret of cloning. Reference Picture

Reapers: Although they were once alive and of a race, Reapers cannot be classified as any other race after the process of subduing a demon within them. No one knows what the Reapers look like. They never remove their masks, and if their masks are removed their body turns to ash before their face can be seen. Reference Picture

Serphen (pronounced Sair-Fen): The Serphen are a serpentine race that are native to the Unknown Iceland. They are a primitive race that has a superstition based lifestyle. They usually live in tribes and kill whatever they can. Reference Picture

Dracon (pronounced Drah-Cun): Basically dragons... But I don't like the word dragon. Reference Picture

That's basically all of the major races and creatures in this world. There are of course other creatures, but they don't really need to be told about.

I DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THIS ARTWORK, AND I IN NO WAY TAKE CREDIT FOR IT!

EDIT: OH, almost forgot! There's also the Leviathan. It is an enormous beast that lives at the bottom of the Dead Man's Sea and devours any and all ships that pass through its lair.

« Last Edit: Sep 11 2013, 07:06 PM by PlasmicPlatypus »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Sep 11 2013, 07:05 PM
OH, almost forgot! There's also the Leviathan. It is an enormous best that lives at the bottom of the Dead Man's Sea and devours any and all ships that pass through its lair.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Sep 12 2013, 10:31 PM
Alrighty. I'll either start out as a human Arkayan or a human that isn't aligned with any faction(Freelancer/wanderer or sorts). I assume that one could switch factions later down the road? Of course, their allegiances would be subject to change over the course of the story, but I'd almost definitely start out as one of the things I just laid out.

Is there a character-limit, and is anyone allowed to create side-characters?

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Sep 13 2013, 11:31 AM
You are allowed to have multiple characters, and if you are a none-faction member then you'd probably be from the peaceful land of Lakara (pretty much farmer island).

And on the topic of switching factions, then yes. I have no problem if someone from the Arkayan empire left and went to the Wielders or something. Switching factions is up to the author.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Sep 18 2013, 02:51 PM
Oke-dokee. Any city/place/region area names we should be aware of? Or are you still working on that map? I'm sure it would come in handy, especially for a fantasy type RP.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Sep 18 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm still working on the map. Come to think of it, I could use the photo scanner to take the hard copy I have and use it for a temp.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Sep 18 2013, 03:14 PM
Not gonna work, our printer decided that it doesn't like me anymore.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Sep 18 2013, 03:47 PM
Do you have a camera?

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Sep 18 2013, 05:00 PM
I have a crappy webcam, but it would be a very low quality image.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Sep 21 2013, 11:56 PM
Gotta love printers...

Anyway, you could try taking a picture, then tracing over it in GIMP/Photoshop.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Mar 06 2014, 07:53 PM
Please lock/delete this thread.

« Last Edit: Mar 06 2014, 08:05 PM by WoefullyWolfy »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player