Author Topic: New Role Play  (Read 8509 times)

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
New Role Play
Posted Dec 12 2013, 07:14 PM
So I'd like to do an RP with some people, Cold Secrets seems like it's well along.
And another thing is that on the 14th I'll be gone for some if not all the day and then my posting might be sporadic for the next 12-14 weeks.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone wanted to Role Play with me?
I like Sci-Fi, apocalyptic, war, disaster, fugitive/jail/prisoner camp stuff like that.  Semi-realistic plots unless it's a superhero/mutations/super natural ideas.

Anyway, anyone up for it?  I know I'm new here but I've done RPing before so yeah...

--
a:0:{}

Offline Satellite1397

• Redshirt
Re: New Role Play
Posted Dec 13 2013, 03:57 PM
Yes please. I know it's been a while and I haven't answered but that's because I haven't bothered to look at this thread but yes please lets collab yes.

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Dec 13 2013, 05:04 PM
Do you have any plot ideas?  Or general ideas we can expound upon and get more detailed before we try and start anything.  I would like to have a mostly detailed plot and idea before starting so we know what to do and don't get stuck staring awkwardly at a blank screen.

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Dec 13 2013, 05:49 PM
Have you seen the move Escape from New York? Garyn and I have been talking about an RP set in a world a bit like that one for a while.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Dec 13 2013, 05:50 PM
No I haven't seen the movie Escape from New York.  What's it about?(Other than well escaping from New York..)

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 13 2013, 05:54 PM
Basically, people turned New York city into a giant prison where they dump all the criminals (or a lot of them, anyway). It's walled in and guarded so no one can get out. In the movie, the president's plane crashes into the city, and someone is sent in to get him out. It's a bit silly, but an interesting premise for an RP. Just without the president, probably.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Dec 13 2013, 06:01 PM
That actually sounds quite interesting.  We could work something like out as long as it doesn't becom ethe type of cheesy stuff they show on ScyFy on weekends.   

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Dec 13 2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah, basically they put up giant walls around New York, and just toss everyone in there. Or at least, it was NY in the movie, it wouldn't have to be in the RP.

Another RP premise I thought could be fun, is the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Since we've all seen what being -in- the apocalypse is like, what if there was a setting where the global pandemic happened, most people died, then eventually the zombies just decayed and died off? So most of the population would be gone in this world, and the biggest threat would be the other humans, not zombies(There would still be a few left). And maybe everyone could be infected with the virus, so when you die, no matter the causes, you turn into one. Even if it's old age, or just being killed by another person. So burning bodies would probably be popular there as well.

Anyway, either RP sounds good to me, I've talked with Aeliss quite a bit about both.

Oh, and of course you're welcome to join Cold Secrets if you so desire =)

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 02 2014, 06:20 AM
Oh I accidently said 12-14 weeks...meant days..hehe.  And sorry I didn't reply sooner I was having troubles with wither the site or my wifi

Anyway both those RPs sound cool though personally I know very little about zombie apocolypes. Do y'all have a preference?

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jan 03 2014, 02:38 AM
Neither of us have a preference, really. Whatever you prefer is good.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jan 03 2014, 04:50 PM
I've wanted to do both RPs for a while now, so yeah, I'm fine with either one. Though if I had to pick one, I think it'd be the post-zombie-apocalypse one first. Hey Satellite, do any of these RP ideas sound good to you?

Offline Satellite1397

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 05 2014, 05:21 PM
Oh sorry I ended up going to Disneyworld. Yeah, I like the New-York prison one. What I've found with the zombies thing, even after the apocalypse, is that people have a hard time killing off characters and they have a hard time writing the zombies. But the New York one sounds promising. Like, the perfect formula for a really good rp is always lots of drama and characters.

« Last Edit: Jan 05 2014, 05:26 PM by Satellite1397 »

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jan 05 2014, 05:26 PM
Personally, I never have trouble killing my characters. If it's good for the story to kill them, I'll do it.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jan 11 2014, 12:06 AM
Well, I was thinking there wouldn't be many zombies at all anymore, since most just decayed and went away. The biggest threat would be the rising gangs and small factions in the power vacuum that was created when most of the world went under.

But anyway, as for the prison RP, do you guys like the idea of just controlling prisoners inside(Whether they were guilty or wrongly convicted would be up to each author), or the story premise of the main characters being military sent in on some kind of mission that inevitably goes bad, stranding them there? With that last one, the mission could be any number of things, retrieval, recon, etc. But something or other would happen to keep them in there and they have to try and blend in and hide from the various gang leaders who would want them dead. Some prisoners would be friendlier than others, of course.

Anyway, I'm rather partial to the last one myself, just because it would outline goals for the characters better, which helps keep things moving.

Offline Satellite1397

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 12 2014, 11:25 AM
Well I like the first one, where it would be a redemption-oriented kind of rp. Like, all the characters had done something bad (or wrongly convicted) and they're searching for some way to make it up, to get back in good graces or forgive themselves.

Being stranded there, though, would make for a lot more action, so it depends on what everyone votes on. Now that I think about it, it would be a really nice rp. But if we were to get stranded there, we would have to come up ways to procure food and supplies.

A zombie rp without zombies sounds interesting, too, but I would find myself wanting to be a leader of a faction instead of just some normal person.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jan 13 2014, 12:42 AM
With the prison one we could actually do both at once, having at least two characters each, one military and one or more prisoners.

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 13 2014, 02:39 PM
Hmm..yeah that sounds cool too me.  So I think we should attempt to make a semi-detailed plot before starting so we have at least some structure.  What do y'all think?

--

Offline Satellite1397

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 16 2014, 03:05 PM
Yeah, plot. You guys start and I'll add in, because I'm terrible at plots.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jan 17 2014, 03:47 PM
Yeah, might be a good idea. I may have asked this before, but do either of you have Skype or Steam or some other kind of instant-chat we could use for more efficient brain-storming?

Offline Satellite1397

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 17 2014, 04:06 PM
Um no. I do have a google or yahoo account we can use, but I'm rarely on there.

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 17 2014, 04:22 PM
I can't give out e-mail and such online...and no skyping someone I don't know in person.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jan 19 2014, 12:42 AM
I was only thinking of using the text-portion of skype chat, not webcamming or voice chatting or the like. But if you or your family has rules against it, then that's fine, we can still talk here.

Okay, so here's the basic plot myself and Aeliss have discussed a little off-site:

Some large city(My current top picks are Portland Oregon or Seattle Washington) is walled off, and nearly all criminals from the country are just dropped in there with no rules or regulations inside apart from not being allowed to leave. The RP starts as a military team are sent in under the guise of convicts themselves on a mission. However we need a reason they have to be disguised, and a reason why the government can't just send a rescue army in after them after the mission goes south. One idea for the mission we had is that some kind of leader/prophet type has arisen, and has amassed and is continuing to amass a rather large group of followers and uniting a dangerous number of prisoners, and needs to be eliminated. Only they can't just kill/confine him/her, since they can't find them and they use an alias. So the team would be sent in to mingle and try to discover who/what this leader person is, and possibly silence them. Only they lose contact with the outside somehow, probably because they're discovered by some prisoners, and have their tracers removed.

Another possible idea is taking even more pages from the movie's book, and have the prisoners gain some kind of leverage over the government to keep them out(In the movie they had captured the President and said they'd kill him if the military tried to interfere, for example).

Offline Satellite1397

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 19 2014, 07:01 PM
The leader could be gathering workers to build a giant bridge to get out. And they have to go undercover as some convicts who get sent in so they can become one of the workers and work their way up to getting close beside the leader. But someone figures it out (because they have to have a link to the outside) and the person who found out could destroy their means of communication (maybe a radio or something) and voila. But the only thing I added was basically that they're trying to make scrap metal out of the buildings and whatnot and making a giant makeshift bridge to get out.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jan 20 2014, 04:00 PM
Building a bridge wouldn't work. Once the outside government noticed, which they would very early, they would bomb it. The escape plan would depend on the layout of the city they're in and the area around it, so we should probably decide on that. Got any ideas?

In the movie, there was already a bridge, but it was guarded by soldiers and there was a wall.

--

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 28 2014, 11:09 PM
Sorry I haven't responded in forever.

Anyway I like the military going in idea.  So what about like Garyn said they go in to try and find/take down this rising cultish gangish leader who's getting an alarming large following.  The leader is saying stuff about rebellion, getting out, taking down the government, new colony, etc, etc, whatever.

So the military send this group of dude(tte)s in.  But these soldiers aren't ordinary, they all have one thing in common, they have been in the brig and if it wasn't for this mission they would be sen to the City Prison anyway for their crimes.  This mission is a redemption mission for them and a way of the government showing them what it would be like if they screwed up.  The government also thinks of them as expendable because they are criminals technicly.
And after they lose contact I have few ideas that might work.

1)  They discovered who the person is they were instructed to take down.  Part of the team wants to take down the leader and find their own way out, complete the mission.  The other part doesn't, the other part has fallen for/started to believe in the leader and wants to stay.  They see it as they don't trust the gov. wouldn't just use them and throw them away.

2)  All members join the leader and try for a mass push to escape

3) The lost contact was because the team was discovered and the leader somehow cut contact.  Now the team has to hide and get out of there or choose to complete the mission which is probably a suicide mission.

4)  Nah, three's all I got for now.

--