Author Topic: New Role Play  (Read 7748 times)

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Re: New Role Play
Posted Jan 31 2014, 07:16 PM
Hm, I think a mixture of all three could be pretty good. They go in, things go south, maybe a couple die, and they lose contact. They decide to continue with the mission, but the longer it takes, the more doubts some begin to have. The ringleader guy could be an antagonist for the first half of the RP, and his followers find out about and try to eliminate the squad. Eventually, maybe he succeeds in capturing them... but then offers them a chance to join him, with the eventual plan being escape, of course. That could make for a pretty interesting plot.

As for the soldiers being criminals rather than professionals, that works for me well enough, though I'd be fine either way.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Feb 20 2014, 09:59 PM
That sounds good to me.

Except for one thing, what I meant was the soldier were soldiers, BUT they were soldiers who'd gotten in trouble, so they had had military training etc etc, but they maybe were insubordinate, drank underage, whatever got them thrown into the brig(military prison)...
SO yeah other than that it's cool with me.

Sorry I haven't been responding quickly.

--
a:0:{}

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Feb 20 2014, 11:06 PM
Being a detail freak, I'm going to point out that there is no such thing as drinking underage in the military. Not for soldiers anyway.

But yeah, that could work. They could be sending them in because, being criminals or what-not, they're expendable. A bit like the Dirty Dozen.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
Posted Feb 23 2014, 07:30 PM
Actually you can drink while underage in the military.  You still have to abide by the same law of drinking as any other US citizen, in other countries if you're in the military you have to be above 18 to drink.
You might not get kicked out and thrown into jail for it though...more likely to get a Captain's Mast or something instead.

Anyway...

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
New Role Play
Posted Mar 01 2014, 03:54 AM
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been busy with RL and site updates, and Aeliss has been out of state for a few days.

Okay, so what we have so far:
Dystopian future, year unimportant, national(Or global?) prison is in place.
Group of soldiers gets themselves into trouble, and are given what is quite possibly a suicide mission, with their freedom as a reward. They're told if they can find and take out the trouble-making leader-figure within the prison, they will be released. So basically they're thrown in as prisoners, but they have a legal way out if they can accomplish something for the government.

So we still need to decide for certain what city this prison is - if you have no preference I can just pick one.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Valley Forge

• Redshirt
New Role Play
Posted Mar 13 2014, 05:57 PM
What about Vegas or some city in the desert?  That way even if you escape it's harder to get away because it's in the middle of the desert and harder to survive.

--