Author Topic: Dawnbreaker: Legacies - Deleted Scene - Harrington's Return  (Read 153413 times)

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
An explosion in the background, which on Angel's end was a giant fireball obliterating a coolant tank, sending a shockwave through a large radius and sending her to the floor, and causing a gasp, followed.

"The elevator!" she sputtered, "It took control in the elevator. I couldn't resist it. I was a prisoner in my own head. I didn't know what I was doing, and I still don't! I'm back in my old body, and my new one is still possessed and is trying to KILL ME!"

A second explosion shook the line, this one was a shockwave cast by the Urn-controlled body, which Angel barely avoided.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Figuring out who Sakura must be talking to from her response, Kyle whispered 'Just a minute' to Tracy, before standing up and following Sakura into the hall.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura closed her eyes. Right now she didn't know what to believe. But her frustration found an outlet and revealed itself rather dramatically.

"You sent Tracy and me to your place to protect us, only for the same guy you started obsessing about to damn near kill us! Hell... he killed JACK! And then... not only do I get a load of CRAP from your father, I get sent to stay with Marissa, again to protect me when Eleanor is STILL OUT THERE WITH A HEAD INJURY!"

Yea... she really needed to vent.

"And then when I happen to catch a lucky break and maybe get a lead on Eleanor, you and your DAMN TUNNEL VISION and quoting some guy I've never heard of goes and pisses off the world, gets Karen killed, and sends Tracy and Erika to the hospital! AND I STILL HAVE NO FRAKKIN' CLUE WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!"

She took a deep breath.

"I want to believe you, but right now... I'm going to need a really good reason to after what's happened."
 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
There was a brief pause, interrupted by a strike of electricity.

"Would my corpse appease you?" Angel asked of her, "I can just go to the bridge and launch my ship into space. The unspoken barriers out there would kill me, and whatever is attacking me."

She sounded as though she was ready for death. Not afraid of it.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
For a moment, which came as a surprise to Sakura, she actually considered it.

Probably her Dark Side exposure talking on that one. Still gotta deal with that one of these days.

"No..." she finally said, sounding tired. "You know full well how much experience I have with getting hijacked. Just..."
She trailed off and sighed.

"Just get out of there. Tracy's already written you off, and... and right now I just don't know which way to turn. I'm willing to give you a chance... but right now... I think I'm the only one willing to give it to you..."
She closed her eyes again.

"I've already lost enough people I care about. And you know I don't handle that very well. Don't put your name back on that list. Just... be ready to work to earn everyone's trust again, because... because you kinda screwed everyone over... big time..."

Sakura decided to remind Angel of something they talked about months ago.
"Its one thing to have that capability. Its another to choose how its used," she said. "Consider that a counter to whatever Sting quote you got in mind."

She hung up, closed her cell phone, and leaned agaisnt the wall next to the door with a conflicted look on her face.
 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Angel stared off into space for as long as she could afford to, trying to think of some way to make it right...

Like that was gonna happen.

But when 'Angelica' found her again, slumped against the wall, looking sorry for herself, she was reminded what the real enemy was.

It was a longshot at best.

Angel pulled herself to her feet, summoning her cyan Sabre to her hand. The time for running and doing nothing was over.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"What'd she say?" Kyle asked Sakura.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"She said something took over her body," Sakura replied, looking over at Kyle. "And... I kinda know what that's like. But at the same time... its kinda hard to digest. I... I don't know what to do..."
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"At this point, I don't think anything would surprise me anymore. Unfortunately I also don't know what I can believe anymore."

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"She saved me you know," Sakura said. "Twice. I think I told you about the second time. So I'm kinda wanting to help her in return for that. But..."

She got up off the wall and gestured at herself.

"Look at me. I'm a total wreck. I'm not some skilled freelancer or hero. I'm just... me. Emotionally Compromised, semi trained Force User, and Archaeologist Sakura Keller. And semi trained is a bit of a stretch. I can move a banana or my Omni Tool, maybe something else at best. But more than one thing? Saw how well that worked out..."
 --

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Meanwhile, if the Military gathered outside Angel's starship had any energy sensors aimed at it, they would be picking up a massive surge of such energy close to the exterior, near where the trapdoor was, actually, but a floor or two down and off kilter.

The source, of course, was a battle between Anima and a darkened equivalent of herself possessed by an evil power sought by a mad Sith once coveted by a great philosopher.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Kyle rubbed his eyes. He looked like he hadn't slept in a while.
    "Angel's lied to us so many times I just don't know anymore. Maybe she was possessed. Maybe she wasn't. Either way, thirty people died in her mansion because of it, and hundreds more the previous day were killed when she could've stopped it."

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"She saved my life. Twice," Sakura sighed. "I still owe her for that..."

She closed her eyes and turned away.

"If we ever discover how many people Phoenix killed while in my body... would you hold it against me? Possession is a gray area as far as I know. Yes... I would have been physically there, but I had no say in it. I was asleep the whole time. If Angel can fall prey to the same thing I did... I... I just don't know..."
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Kyle was giving Sakura a blank stare. Maybe it was due to being so tired, but he felt like Sakura had just said the same thing twice in a row and his only response he felt like he'd just said... or was his mind playing tricks on him?
    He didn't have much time to think about it though, as his attention was soon drawn to something past Sakura - the sound of commotion, coming from the room he knew Marissa to be in. Without explanation he brushed past Sakura and ran until he reached the doorway.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura brushed some hair out of her face as she followed Kyle.
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    The scene before them was chaotic, but not out of control. Marissa lay still on the bed, oxygen mask and IVs still in place, but her cardiac monitor was beeping loudly, displaying dangerously high blood pressure, pressure that seemed to be steadily increasing. Three doctors were moving about her rattling off technical terms, a couple of them drawing syringes. Didn't have to be a medical expert to be able to tell that they were going to try and slow down her heart. Standing as close as they could without being in the way were David and Samantha, both looking like they were on the verge of both tears and throwing up.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura froze on the spot.
"Marissa..." Sakura gasped.
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    With a syringe ready, one doctor leaned forward to inject, her heart rate now well above two hundred beats per minute - just before he could however, Marissa jolted upright into a sitting position, lurching forward with a loud gasp of air, making most people in the room jump slightly. One of the doctors quickly put a hand on her shoulder, both to steady and reassure her, but she didn't notice. She immediately looked down and began grabbing and groping at her stomach area, hyperventilating from the high blood pressure.
    "Marissa, calm down. You're in a hospital." The doctor with a hand on her shoulder said. Both her parents tried to step in but were blocked by the other doctors.
    Still ignoring them, Marissa lifted her shirt and put a hand on her bare belly, as if making sure it was still there. The doctor with the syringe injected it into her IV anyway, as her blood pressure was still dangerously high.
    "Marissa, can you hear me?" The doctor tried again.
    Marissa lowered her shirt and slapped her hand against her sweaty forehead and held it there.
    "She... she- killed him..." She barely let out between breaths.
    "It's okay. You're safe now." Another doctor gently grabbed her other shoulder and the two of them began moving her back into a lying position. Her heart rate was slowly dropping, now back below two hundred. Still too high, but not heart-attack inducing or vein-rupturing high.
    "Not okay... it's not okay... not okay..." She whispered between heavy breaths as she lay on her back, eyes closed again.
    Not allowing the doctors to block her anymore, Samantha pushed past and knelt on the floor beside the bed.
    "Marissa... we're right here with you. We're all here." She said with a tearful smile, taking Marissa's free hand and holding against her own cheek.
    Marissa didn't open her eyes or reply. She just kept breathing, listening to her heart rate slowly inch back down to normal levels. She knew that she was alright physically, or would soon be. As far as her family was concerned it would all be fine. She hadn't died - but she knew that she'd just experienced death.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura closed her eyes and released a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Everything was falling apart. And Eleanor...

Sakura visibly tensed up.
 --

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
A few moments later, a cloud of Light descended from Angel's ship, somewhere around the area of the trap door, and flew over to the nearest military encampment. It was too thick to see through, and it lasted for less than two seconds. When it dissipated, Angel Grace, the recently-freed one, and the possessed body she used to... well, possess, were in the spot the cloud used to inhabit. The possessed body's hands had been lopped off, presumably by Angel, and the two Voidsabres and Disintegrators were in her arms as well, which she tossed to the ground somewhere away from the both of them then held her hands up to prove she wasn't armed.

The sight was probably a confusing one for the military gathered there.

"You're all... going to DIE!" the one on the ground suddenly shrieked, trying to push itself up with the stumps it had for hands.

The other one looked rather frightened at all the weapons that must now be pointed at her.

"He's going... to destroy... us ALL!" Stumpy shrieked again.

"Can it," Angel shooshed her in a worried tone.

Like that was going to work. She kept shrieking.

Angel took note of this and stepped a few paces from her and echoed her voice loud enough for people to hear, presuming she hadn't been shot at by now;

"Uh... I can explain..."
« Last Edit: May 29 2014, 06:03 PM by JA-394 »

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Uriah was standing guard outside of Marissa's room, watching everything but saying nothing. Erika had just appeared in the doorway, right next to him, and also stayed outside, but a little less silent.
    "What's going on?" She asked...someone.
 --
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura turned and started for the door. It was obvious something was bothering her.
 --

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"You're going to have a lot of that to do!" the highest ranking officer, a major, snapped, as he and his men moved in closer.

Pointing at "stumpy" he bellowed for his men to tie her up, before he looked back at Angel and ordered her to be cuffed and led to the command tent. Assuming she complied, that's exactly what would happen.

Of course, other military people were still trying to figure out how they got out of the ship. Not that they ever will most likely.

Alone in her room, still not able to stand, Tracy sighed in frustration. She didn't know what was going on.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Angel made no effort to resist.

Stumpy, meanwhile, fought tooth and nail with the military as they tried to tie her up, using her powerful legs and her arms like clubs to swat at them, spouting the whole time nonsense about Sting, Harrington, the Urn, a 'Space Demon,' and something about reforming the world in her image.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
After a while somebody shot her with a very strong tranquilizer dart.

Angel was held just outside the tent, as the major went inside. He came back out with a couple other officers, one of which Angel would recognize as General Braddock. He appeared to be the man in charge, as none of the other officers held the rank of general.

"Miss Grace..." Braddock 'greeted', narrowing his eyes, "You either have a lot of nerve, or I'm making a terrible mistake by not having you shot now."