Author Topic: Dawnbreaker: Legacies - Deleted Scene - Harrington's Return  (Read 153410 times)

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"I am only doing what is right," Angel stated forcefully, "I don't know what you did with Stumpy over there. But we are two different entities. Only one of us is sentient. You're looking at her. If you want the rest of the explanation, I can give it to you, but it is rather complicated."

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"The families of several dozen good men and women would like that explanation, I think." Braddock replied, "But before I listen to any explanation, the same demands we made before still apply."

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Everything on the ship is yours. On two conditions - number one, use the medical science. Great leaps and bounds can be made. Eternal life is... honestly I find that rather amusing, but what is there can be used for a lot of good things.

"Number two, do not disable the ship. The logic behind that is I think we might need it. I'll tell you during the explanation. Also, disabling it might cause it to explode. I don't want to take that chance."

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Braddock put a hand to his chin.

"Begin explaining, and be thorough." he then told her.

Someone was holding a sound recorder nearby to make sure everything she said was saved.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Some time a short while later(Hospital time)...

Kyle, presumably with Erika and Sakura in tow, rejoined Tracy in her room.

"Well, we've got bad news, bad news, and good news... which first?" Kyle asked.

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Leave the good news for last. What went wrong now?" Tracy wondered.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Kyle looked at Sakura.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura was looking like she wanted to go somewhere, and still had that look as though something was bothering her.
 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"I was in the elevator with Bearer, my Father, shortly before this all started," Angel began in clear voice, "As you already know, he forced whatever power was inside the Urn upon me. He was consumed in the process.

"But as whatever it was entered my body, it took over. I lost all control. I was aware of my actions, but I was not actively participating in them. It was like I was watching through a television set. I had no control over my body. I had no power over my mind. I couldn't use my powers to break free. Whatever this was, it took over.

"It spoke of someone named Sting. I don't know who Sting is. I have never heard of a person named Sting. I battled a person named Stinger a long time ago, but Sting is new to me. Yet here I - it - whatever, was preaching Sting like it was the Bible. Next thing I knew I heard several thuds. I didn't know how many, but I knew that it had killed Karen's squad. Then all Hades breaks loose. Karen dies, Sir dies, on the outside it was projecting an image of sorrow... but in my head it was... laughing.

"Then more soldiers arrived, most of them wound up dead. My friends somehow escaped. I don't know how much time has passed since then. It came into my ship and onto the bridge, where this body lay in a tank. After that, I was alive again, but I couldn't move. That - this body was in a stasis. so anyway, throughout this time, this possessed body of mine has had contact with Harrington. He's trying to get her to use my ship to do his work, and his work is to wipe out life on this planet. It refused, and then he talked about a monster. A 'Space Demon' from another time buried somewhere in the world.

"He said if she didn't destroy, he would unleash his Space Demon. That's why I think we need the ship. Anyway, after I don't know how long, one of my closest friends, Zin, arrives. He and this possessed thing get into an argument. It spouts some lies about it being a child of mine, then they fight and..."

Angel suddenly started to choke up, just now realizing what had happened.

"It killed him..."

She had to pause for a moment to regain composure. She knew she was being recorded, after all.

"During the fight, the tank I was in was broken open, breaking me of my physical stasis. I had no weapon, so I had flee. It followed me, found me, and you can figure out the rest."

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"And you were aware the entire time you were in supposedly in stasis?" Braddock inquired.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"It's... complicated..." Angel struggled to think up terms Braddock would understand, "It's one of the medical technologies I have. It induces a physical stasis on a body to regenerate tissue and cells. The brain and mind are still active. It needs work. Don't really have time for it anymore. I can show you the schematics after this is through, but this isn't the time."

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"Uh... well, Angel Grace just called Sakura and claimed that she was possessed when she killed all those people and activated her ship." Kyle said upon realizing that Sakura wasn't going to say anything. "Which... could be either good news or bad news depending on how you look at it."
« Last Edit: May 29 2014, 09:14 PM by Garyn Dakari »

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura blinked before adding to it.
"I don't know if its true or not, but... you guys know my experience on that subject..." she said
 --
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"I see. You understand you will be working under the direct supervision of military personnel until we've dealt with this Harrington, after which a very thorough investigation will be made into everything that transpired here. I think it also goes without saying that your ship and weapons will likely remain in military possession even if you are cleared of wrongdoing." Braddock continued.

Tracy just blinked at that.

"So... somehow I was right then?"

She turned and stared off into oblivion.

"If it is true... how can I ever trust that anyone is who they say they are?"

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"I... I don't know," Sakura sighed. "I guess we'll have to try and rely on what we know of each other to spot anything that seems off."
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"And how far back would this supposed possession goes? How long have we been dealing with someone who wasn't Angel?" Kyle pondered.

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"If it goes back to when Angel died... then we've been fooled a long time."

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"I think she said something about the Elevator..." Sakura trailed off.
 --

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Tracy blinked again.

"So... her FATHER did it with that pot? That still doesn't absolve her from letting me live above a demonic zoo." she deadpanned.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"You'll probably have to ask her about that yourself," Sakura said before biting her lip. "And I can't take this sitting around anymore."
 --

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Don't think I don't see what these men are carrying, General," Angel said cautiously, then added, "Antimatter is a disaster waiting to happen if you cannot control it. There is a reason it isn't used on a wide scale anymore. The first time my Mansion was raided, most of those weapons were confiscated. All that remains in the ship are the untested ones. They are marked with a yellow band on the side of their cases. Do not try to handle them without extreme care.

"Now then, how do you expect to find Harrington?" she suddenly asked, "According to my Father he had a hundred hiding spots, and with Firehawk and Remus doing his dirty work, and him potentially about to unleash a monster, you won't be able to find him."

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"If you have a plan, I invite you to share it." Braddock stated sarcastically.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"I'm a prisoner of war. It doesn't work that way," she said firmly, clearly taking a bit of offense to the sarcasm in a time like this, "Now then, if Harrington does indeed have what he calls a 'Space Demon,' which I cannot even fathom what that might be given the circumstances surrounding it, I'd suggest somehow keeping track of as much land as possible, maybe on a geothermal level. If something comes burrowing out of the ground, Harrington might be in the area."

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
"Are you planning something?" Erika asked Sakura.
 --
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Online Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Noted. I assume your ship possesses advanced scanning devices?" Braddock asked.