Author Topic: Dawnbreaker: Legacies - Deleted Scene - Harrington's Return  (Read 109142 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Tracy went to one knee on the ground and just huffed and puffed for a while.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
As if right on cue, Remus and FH arrived on the first floor, and in cleanup mode by now, simply repeated the routine of crushing the floor above, what was left of it, and with a simultaneous teleport, they were gone, and the station collapsed inward on itself in a final, fiery explosion.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Marissa grabbed the sides of her head and let out a frustrated yell.
    "You okay?" Kyle asked.
    "Building we were in just exploded, why wouldn't I be?" She sat down on the pavement, "I'm not hurt." She grumbled.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Firehawk needs to die." Tracy remarked softly, standing up. She suspected he'd been behind all of it.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
"Ya think?" Erika said, glaring at the building. "It could be Greasy Pizza next."

Uriah looked around until he spotted Angel and Karen then made his way to them, assuming they'd have answers. He pointed at the flaming building behind him with his thumb. "What the hell was that?"

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"It was a police station." Jack said helpfully, earning a glare from Karen.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Now what?" Tracy asked softly.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Remus Von Grath," came the high-pitched, shrill voice of Bearer, who had appeared out of nowhere, as he tended to do, in response to Uriah. Karen and Angel, by the way, had made their way over to the rest so Uriah didn't go far, "The Demon from Hell... I told you it was going to happen, Angel..."

"Now isn't the time for a lecture, Father..." Angel tried to talk her way out of it.

"You could have stopped this, before it ALL started, my beautiful daughter!" Bearer snapped, for the first time upset with Angel.

Angel tried to turn away.

"LOOK AT ME!"

She turned back.

"The Lord of Darkness seeks our souls, Angel. We could ha-"

"What do you expect me to do?" Angel retorted, sounding a combination of upset and helpless, "I'm one woman. You can't possibly expect me to take on Firehawk, Remus, and this "Lord of Darkness," whoever he is!"

"The Gatekeeper was a-"

"I don't care about the Gatekeeper! I am not the Gatekeeper! I am not seven feet tall, 300 pounds, and I can't conjure a storm powerful enough to wipe out a battalion of troops! I am not as strong as the Gatekeeper, or any other of your children, and I never will be! Get it through your head!"

Angel planted herself on the ground after her mini-rant.

Bearer came up beside her and knelt down, apparently oblivious to the crowd of people.

"There is still time, Angel. Some day..."

"I don't want power. I want to never need to use what I have."

"And to accomplish that, you need to gain in strength."

"Put as much power as you want into me with that thing," Angel spouted off, tapping the Urn, "It's still three on one. I've got no chance."

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Remus is alive? I guess I should stop ever believing it whenever somebody says one of these magic people is dead; they never are." Tracy thought to herself, having been eavesdropping in on the conversation.

She cleared her throat after a moment to try and get Angel's attention.

"What about Zin?" she asked Angel, "And what about the rest of us? There are people who will help you Angel... or try to at least."

« Last Edit: May 16 2014, 07:18 AM by Tyler294 »

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Your courage is appreciated," Angel said with a faint trace of a smile, "But this is suicide. And I... I don't want to see any of you die."

On her mind right now was what Bearer had said earlier - something about the Lord and his list. She hadn't paid much attention before, but now... take a guess.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura watched as everything transpired around her. One question kept going through her head as she observed the devastation.
"Why?" she whispered.

--
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"And what are we supposed to do then, sit back and watch you die fighting alone? Then we'll all die later. So, yeah you won't have to see us die, but we'll still die anyway. And wi--"

Tracy stopped, as she had nearly forgotten Karen was there.

"We should figure it out when we get home." she settled for instead.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"None of you are going to die!" Angel vetoed that statement with a harsh yell, standing back up and glaring at Tracy with a rare intensity in her eyes, "I don't know how I'm going to do it but when I die, dammit, I'm taking ALL THREE of them with me!"

That said, she gave herself a bit of breathing room by moving a little ways past the sea of sentients. She felt like she was back at the Tavern before a barfight for a moment there.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Tracy was taken aback for a moment, but ultimately undeterred. She followed Angel, not closely as to be invading personal space, but close enough so that Angel could hear.

"You're not shutting me out. I sick as hell of these power-diluted assholes murdering people and attacking us. If you think I'm going to keep standing back like some worthless little... something that's worthless and little... well you're wrong." she stated, voice a bit harsh.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
Angel spun around, fiery as ever.

"I like that. Someone who wants to bring the fight to the invaders. You. You're like Rene before she went crazy and fell in love with me. You can go places. I like you."

She thought about how weird that statement sounded for only a moment.

"You want to help? Call me whenever you can meet me "down there." I'll explain more later."

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Avoiding the temptation to blink stupidly at Angel's first awkward statement, Tracy instead endeavored (for once) to maintain a serious disposition.

"I'm ready now." she replied, folding her arms in front of her chest.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Too open. People might hear. Let's go with... tonight. Should we get home."

She thought about that statement for less than she thought about the last one.

"We will get home."

She then turned to look for Karen.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"Not yet you won't, I still need an explanation as to what just happened and how to stop it from happening again - powers that be want me to arrest you again." Karen replied, evidently having overheard Angel's last statement.

--

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"What just happened?" Angel repeated, sounding a little rhetoric, "A Demon and a madman just destroyed your station looking for something, presumably me. How do you stop it? Keep me as far away from anything you don't want destroyed as possible, and pray they don't come for you for "guilt by association" virtues."

She was clearly upset about this whole thing right now, and the last thing she wanted was to deal with "authorities."

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Sakura's hand brushed up against the hilt of her Saber hanging from her belt. There had to be something they could do to stop this.

"You're going to need all the help you can get," Sakura finally said.

--
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Karen looked around. "Where are they now then? If they were here for you, which I don't doubt, why are they gone and you are not?"

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Erika and Uriah both listened silently.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Tracy was doing the same. Waiting and listening silently, that is.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"I don't know," Angel said after a moment of intense thought and concentration, "I can't think like a Demon. I know what my Father told me, and that is that we were being targeted by this "Lord" who has eradicated his family since the beginning."

"And how did he do just that, pray-tell?" Bearer cut in, stepping to the foreground once more, "By seducing my children, my perfect children, one-by-one, to the Darkness, by destroying everything they held cherished. And when they were weak, he SEIZED THEM!"

Bearer once more looked angered, but not at Angel this time. More like at the world.

"You are not the target, Angel. I am. He has been hunting me since before space travel was initiated on a galactic scale. He wants my Urn, and he knows he cannot get it until the last of the bloodline falls. By HIS hand!"

Angel was silent for a moment, wondering why Bearer hadn't said this sooner.

"Does that answer your question?" she echoed to Karen, seeming a bit annoyed at her FATHER, who came up to her with the Urn, which she took on instinct from him, it doing its thing with the particles of Light.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"How about ya stop freakin' out," Sakura finally snapped at Bearer. "I get it now, ya got a bigass target on yer back."
She crossed her arms across her chest.
"Now... ya got a plan to deal with it or do we have to figure it out ourselves?"

--