Author Topic: Dawnbreaker: Legacies - Deleted Scene - Harrington's Return  (Read 120313 times)

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Sakura... Father isn't freaking out. This is how he usually speaks," the glowing aura of particles that was currently Angel snapped back at her.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"You said you could track Firehawk. Use that and we can take him down." Karen said.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Took the words right out of my mouth," Angel said to that, but had a look of concern on her face, "The problem is if Remus and Leroy attacked together, they might be traveling together. And I had no idea they'd be in it together. I thought Firehawk was too crazy to form alliances."

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"You'll need to tell us everything you know about how to stop the both of them then."

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Firehawk is too deranged to predict. At least he used to be. He's always been insane, but with flashes of high intelligence. Admittedly, I didn't exactly adhere to his strengths when trying to reform him over his life - his strengths being destruction and murder - but if this 'Lord' has a hold on him..."

Angel clearly was struggling a bit to think of FH as anything more than a maniac, but she did come up with something.

"He has the potential to be a world-altering power. He idolized the Gatekeeper and the Shadow Empire in his youth, and I think he still does. If this 'Lord' can get him to do what I never could and open his mind to the possibilities, he could-"

"He could wind up like my eldest son," Bearer cut Angel off, earning him a glare, as that was not what she was going to say, "I know this path well. When the Lord took Ludamigus away in his early years, he was a brilliant, powerful, but conflicted boy... when he emerged after a thousand suns and a thousand moons, he was known as the Gatekeeper, the Emperor of the mysterious Shadow Empire. An Empire that would expand twin galaxies, multi-dimensions, and even this pocket-dimension. And I know, we may be cut off from it, but his Empire is alive and well out there, living in his image."

Angel had since confirmed her suspicion that her father was holding back information, and he should be in jail, not her.

"Okay... so he's going to turn out like a mini-Geeky," she came up with, shrugging her shoulders, which wasn't very visible since most of her was consumed in bright white particles.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Karen just glared at the both of them.

"How did you say you could track him...?" Kyle asked, taking a step closer, wanting this thing dealt with as soon as possible.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"My computer," Angel replied to Kyle, then looked back at Karen, "To finish your answer, unless I am interrupted again, we've stopped Firehawk in the past by simply outsmarting him. He has never been a rational decision maker. Get him upset, and watch him walk right into your trap. If he's aligned with someone like Remus, though, I don't know if he will continue to do that."

Bearer looked like he wanted to speak again, but a wave of particles that was Angel's arm shushed him.

"Remus is far too dangerous to try to take head-on. He knows when he is beat and he knows when he is not, and when he is beat, he always takes something with him. He's one of the most intelligent and complicated people I have ever met. His lifespan goes back even farther than this planet's existence does. As far as powers go, he lost most of his connection to the supernatural when the dimensions sealed, so he's not as strong as he used to be, but that said he is still by far the most powerful man on this planet... or he seems to be. As far as I know, his only real weakness is that he tends to get over-aggressive in direct combat when he thinks he is winning. So... don't try to out-smart him. Try to goad him, and be resilient while doing so."

She pulled her arm back from Bearer, who stayed silent this time.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"What first?" Tracy asked.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"First, I track Firehawk. We can track him for another 6 days or so, give or take a few hours unless something drastic happens. Once I locate him, we need to determine if he is alone. If he is, it's about time I said this, we put him down. Plain and simple. If he isn't, and if there is any chance we can run into Remus, we need to figure out something besides taking him out by getting close to him."

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"I can snipe him. Firehawk, that is." Tracy volunteered.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Uriah gave Tracy a look. "You have a rifle?"

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"No, not anymore." Tracy admitted.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"There is one problem with that," Angel cut in, "I'd expect you to remember, Trace. He's brought it up with me numerous times and it is something I can totally relate to as I've done it myself. He can sense snipers. Something about their signatures through the Force changes when they're about to perform a deadly action. He can dive out of the way, and he's done it before, to you, last year when you first battled him. I can confirm that it happens as I do it myself and it's been noted in several books I have."

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"What if my signature could be masked?" Tracy asked.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Doing that is also risky. Masking a trace with a mechanical device is essentially removing it, creating a voided area. An alert magic user can detect that voided area, and I don't know about Leroy, but I personally would investigate that. The best way to mask a trace is to do it naturally, to make it seem like you are something you're not."

Angel thought about that for a moment.

"I could probably do it for you, actually, if I was with you downrange from where he was. The issue then though is the conditions."

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"What conditions?"

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"Are we in a populated area? What might get perforated after Firehawk's head is eviscerated? Is there any possible way this could go wrong?" Angel came back with, "You can't just walk into a place, set up, and snipe someone. You need to be precise, and careful. Even the wind can be a factor. And there is the very real possibility that this could backfire and we might be followed wherever we go by the Demon incarnate, should Leroy be alone."

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Obviously..." Tracy replied, "Though, maybe we could set up a trap for them somehow."

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
"Hold on," Erika cut in. "What about the other two? You can't snipe them all."

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
"And what if Firehawk was distracted?" Sakura asked.

--
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
"A strike team could be assembled, we could have as many as a dozen snipers." Karen said.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"I'd like to know my opponent's poker face before I play my cards," was Angel's reply to all of them.

Bearer meanwhile reached over and tried to take the Urn from her, and said attempt was thwarted.

"Daughter, you have taken enough for one day," he said.

Angel shot him a look.

"You said this thing was gonna show me the Light and get me outta the Darkness. I'm letting it do that."

"Be careful, Angel," Bearer said.

"Of?" she replied.

"Something that is just how you want it to be."

"..."

Bearer took his leave and walked away, leaving her with the Urn.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
"Would that even work though?" Erika continued. "After all, Remus has died before."

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"She's got a point..." Tracy sighed.

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
"So have I," Angel added, "I only managed to come back by having an extensive system in place and outside interference, something I cannot do again. Remus doesn't have the technology to use that system, and at the time he died, had no outside interference, because he's the only one who can. He simply must have lived, somehow."