Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Nightfall  (Read 28535 times)

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
The Elder Scrolls: Nightfall
Posted Jun 07 2014, 06:47 PM

Genre: Fantasy
Setting: Elder Scrolls Universe
RP Type: Action/Drama
How To Join: Closed
Participants: Sir Wolfybuns, Garyn Dakari, Aeliss Novak, Rattler

OOC Discussion

Rules:
1. You must adhere to all rules listed here as well as the ones I lay down.
2. Stick to the lore of the world. If you're unsure of something involving lore, then feel free to either PM the GM (me) or leave a post in the OOC thread.
3. No powerplaying, unless you have permission from the other author.
4. Please keep it balanced. None of the main characters should be incredibly powerful. If a character must have a power/ability then ask the GM (me) for permission before you go ahead with it.

PLEASE NOTE: These rules are subject to change, so please check back regularly for updates.

Plot Setup:
400 years after the slaying of The World-Eater, the Empire is being torn apart by war. The Argonians have pushed north and taken Morrowind from the Dark Elves. The Aldmeri Dominion has conquered Elsweyr, Valenwood, most of Hammerfell, part of High Rock, and roughly half of Cyrodiil.

With the chaos of the Empire being driven back more every day at the hands of the Aldmeri Dominion, a new threat arises in the north and makes its first move in Solstheim.

Faction Map:
Green: Argonia
Red: Empire
Yellow: Aldmeri Dominion (Thalmor)

« Last Edit: Jun 16 2014, 12:51 AM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Jun 08 2014, 08:44 PM
Name: Aaliyah

Race: Redgaurd

Height: 5'2"

Appearance: Very dark skin, long black hair that's usually in braids. Wide nose, full mouth, brown eyes. She has several ear piercings; four in the cartilage of the right ear and one in the lobe, and a single one in the lobe of the left. Her left eyebrow is also pierced. She has several tattoos, most of which aren't usually visible due to clothing.
    She usually wears a plain grey tunic and pants, with a cloak or something if it's cold. She carries a bow and quiver on her back and a curved sword at her side, along with some knives.

Personality: TBD

Bio: TBD

« Last Edit: Jun 09 2014, 02:27 PM by Aeliss Novak »

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 09 2014, 11:17 PM
Name: Hanz Morr'shrub
Race: Orsimer
Height: 7'

Appearance: Image

« Last Edit: Jun 09 2014, 11:19 PM by Garyn Dakari »

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 10 2014, 01:36 AM
Name: Vaekara

Race: Argonian

Height: 5ft 8 in

Appearance: 1 2 3

Bio: Vaekara was an Argonian warrior that had his life spared by a Dark Elf during the war between Morrowind and Black Marsh. Even though Black Marsh won the war and conquered Morrowind, he still honored his blood-debt to the Dark Elf. The Dark Elf ended up becoming a well respected merchant, and arrived in Solstheim to negotiate a shipping deal shortly before the sacking of Raven Rock.

« Last Edit: Jun 13 2014, 11:55 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 12 2014, 05:53 PM
There was a loud crash as the door of the Bleeding Mudcrab collided with the wall. The tavern grew silent as a colossal man walked through the door and towards the bar. As he sat down he uttered "I'll have your finest mead." His thunderous voice echoed through the building. The two coins made a small clinking noise as they dropped to the counter.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 12 2014, 06:01 PM
"Haven't seen you around before." The middle-aged orsimer bartender replied as he began filling a large mug with a frothy beverage.

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 12 2014, 06:02 PM
"I'm not surprised, most people in Solstheim haven't." The large man pulled satchel off of his hip and began to rummage through it. When he was done he pulled out a small slip of paper.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 12 2014, 09:52 PM
"Must not be from around here then, you look to be a hard man to miss." The barkeep replied, noting the man's impressive stature. It was rare he met a human taller than him, let alone a human an entire foot taller than him.

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 12 2014, 10:10 PM
The man grunted in reply and stood up. "You got any rooms? I could use a place to stay for the night-" He was cut off as someone laid their hand on his shoulder and pulled him back.
"Are you the one that people call Hound?" Hound flicked the man's hand off and turned to face him.
"Yes, I am Hound." The man looked relieved.
"I'm a member of the Vigilant of Stendarr, and there's been some rumors about Werewolf activity in this area. Thought you might know something about it." Hound shoved the man away angrily.
"Why would I know anything about Werewolves, huh? Every time there's a Werewolf in the area, the Vigilant comes to me and asks me to handle it for them. Why don't you and your Vigilant friends find your manhood and do something yourselves for once!" He pushed the Vigilant aside and stormed towards the door. Opening the door, he turned back to the barkeep. "Prepare a room, I'll need one when I come back later." The door slammed shut and the Tavern went quiet.

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 02:40 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 12 2014, 10:36 PM
"What was that all about?" The bartender asked the Vigilant after Hound had left.

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 12 2014, 11:17 PM
A young woman had stepped into the tavern during the squabble, probably unnoticed by most as she hadn't thrown the door open like the last customer, just slipped in quietly. She stayed in the doorway for a moment after Hound left before stepping up to the counter and ordering whatever it is they had for food.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 13 2014, 12:32 AM
"I don't know. Hound is always so sensitive about Werewolves. Some of the brothers think he may be one himself, but those are just rumors." The Vigilant turned, and left the tavern.

As Hound walked down the central path of Raven Rock, he noticed the people pointing at him and whispering among themselves. He was used to this, because of his sheer size most people thought him a freak. Once he reached the guards quarters, he opened the door and entered. Inside there was a simple dwelling for many people. After all, Guards don't need posh living spaces. At the end of the row of beds was door with the words 'Captain Alnis'. Hound opened the door and approached the Captain. "I did what you asked, the Reaver camp was cleared of its inhabitants. Your men are free to begin their excavations once more." The Captain nodded in response. Hound placed the slip of paper on the Captain's desk, and left the building. He made his way back to the Bleeding Mudcrab and quietly opened the door. The inhabitants looked at him as if they were worried he'd start another scene. There was a quiet squeak as the bar stool slid backwards. He sat down and spoke to the barkeep. "Now about that room."

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 13 2014, 12:43 AM
"Rumors usually have at least a hint of truth to them." The newcomer said quietly from the bar.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 13 2014, 09:01 AM
"That'll be fifteen for the night." The bar/innkeeper grumbled.

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 13 2014, 12:03 PM
Hound put a small coin purse on the counter. "That should cover it." The room was still silent. "You mind showing me where the room is?"

« Last Edit: Jun 13 2014, 12:19 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 13 2014, 02:40 PM
"Up stairs, third door on the right." The orc reached under the counter and procured a small metal key, which he set on the bar.

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 13 2014, 02:54 PM
The girl, also sitting on a barstool, was watching Hound from below. Far below.

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 13 2014, 03:04 PM
A drunk Dark Elf approached the newcomer in the bar. His eyes were glazed from all the mead he had poured down his throat. "You-" He paused as he ran into Hound.
"Aint you a big fella" he turned to the newcomer and tried to grope her, but ended up stumbling and yet again colliding with Hound.
"I'd like to say, on behalf of the inhabitants of Raven Rock, there's several things I'm sure we'd all like to do to you. Such as-" His drunken speech was stopped as Hound punched him in the gut. The Dark Elf was sent several meters backwards into a wall. Hound walked over to him and grabbed him by his collar.
"Treat a lady with some respect next time." He released the Dark Elf and retreated to his room.

A finely dressed Argonian sat down next to the newcomer. "That oaf got what was coming to him." He ordered a drink from the barkeep and turned to the girl. "If you don't mind me asking, what's a fine Redguard like yourself doing here?"

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 02:40 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 13 2014, 04:57 PM
The girl seemed unfazed by the drunk. "I'm looking for work. I don't suppose you need a mercenary...?"

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 13 2014, 06:15 PM
"Work? You're not likely to find it here." The Argonian drained what was left of the mead in his flagon. "Solstheim is the single most boring place in Tamriel. The only reason I'm here is to negotiate a trading rout with the dock workers." He waited for a response from the girl, but got nothing.
"My name is Vaekara." There was still no response from the Redguard.
"May I ask yours?"

Dreth continued to walk along the wall, as he had been doing for the whole night. And every night since he joined the Raven Rock Guard. It was the same thing every night. Pace the wall until you see the sun, then go get some sleep. Rinse and repeat. He had considered leaving the Guard, but how else is he supposed to put food on the table. He saw a shadow in the corner of his eye, but it was probably nothing. There was the sound of a bowstring being pulled back. Dreth quickly drew his sword and raised his shield. There was a small crunch as the arrow hit him right between his eyes. Hardly making a noise, his lifeless corpse slumped to the ground.

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 02:41 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 13 2014, 11:30 PM
"Aaliyah." She introduced herself. "Are there any ships going to more...interesting locations soon? I'm running a little low on funds and need a job soon."

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 13 2014, 11:43 PM
"I'm going back to Morrowind as soon as this shipping deal is sorted out. If you want a job in the Mercenary line of work, I'm sure a Dark Elf dignitary would have use for you. You care to join me?"

"You think this job is worth it?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, do you think this job is worth it? We're putting our lives in danger every day guarding this stupid gate lever just to get a pittance in return?"
"If it puts food on my family's table, then it's worth it."
"I guess you're right, but sometimes I wonder. Say, do you hear tha-" The guard was silenced as an arrow went directly into his head, instantly killing him. The other guard drew his sword only to be hit in the throat with another arrow. He attempted to scream, but all that came out was a loud gurgling as the blood came pouring threw his mouth. His body fell onto the ground, staining the ashes. A feminine figure in light black armor jumped nimbly from the top of the wall, landing where the two guards lay dead on the ground. She pulled the lever and dashed through the gate.

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 12:31 AM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 14 2014, 01:48 AM
Aaliyah thought about that for a moment before shrugging. "Alright, I'll check it. Thanks."

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 14 2014, 05:52 AM
Vaekara dropped another few coins onto the counter. "Another flagon please" he paused "and one for Aaliyah here."

The doors burst open as a panicked citizen ran into the tavern. "Raven Rock is being attacked! The guards are all dead, get out of the town!" A thin blade slid through the citizen's chest. The attacker twisted his blade and pulled upwards, cleaving him almost in half. He then charged into the tavern, dispatching several patrons. Hound came barreling down the stairs towards the attacker with both swords drawn. He collided with the attacker, knocking him down. With both swords, he stabbed the man in the eyes until the blades stuck into the floorboards of the tavern. Hound then ran through the doors of the tavern and joined the battle outside.

Vaekara turned to the barkeep and Aaliyah. "I can get you all out of here, we just have to make it to the docks!" The woman that opened the gate entered the tavern and shot three arrows in rapid succession. Two hit their mark in Vaekara, and the other barely missed the barkeep. Vaekara fell to the ground as the second attacker put her bow onto her back and drew a long dagger. She ran towards Aaliyah slashing furiously.

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 02:42 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 14 2014, 02:12 PM
Aaliyah drew her own bow while the attacker was firing hers and notched an arrow. She took a second to aim, not wanting to wound any surviving patrons behind her. As the other woman ran towards her, Aaliyah took a breath and let the arrow loose.

--