Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Nightfall  (Read 29455 times)

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
The Elder Scrolls: Nightfall
Posted Jun 14 2014, 02:47 PM
The arrow hit the woman in the chest, sending her to the ground. The second attacker continued to wildly slash at Aaliyah.

The woman on the ground stood back up and pulled the arrow out of her chest. There was no blood coming from the wound. She smiled as if amused by the attempt to kill her. When her mouth cracked open, long thin fangs were revealed. "You're funny, I might keep your head as a trophy." She pulled back her bowstring and released another arrow.

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 02:51 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Jun 14 2014, 04:32 PM
Aaliyah dropped to the ground after firing the shot, releasing her bow and rolling to the side to avoid the swinging blade. She heard the arrow whiz by above her before she even knew it had been fired. As she came out of the roll she drew her own daggers, each ten inches long.
    She stood, trying to keep an eye on the woman and fight the second attacker at the same time. She dodged one slash and caught the next between her two blades, pushing herself up close to her opponent and angling the blades toward her throat. At the same time she turned herself so the attacker was between Aaliyah and the other woman.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 14 2014, 06:00 PM
A crossbow bolt embedded itself in the fanged woman's forehead.

The orc barkeeper looked pretty pissed off as he began reloading his heavy crossbow which he'd been hiding under the bar.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 14 2014, 06:35 PM
The woman fell to the ground, and disintegrated into ashes. At the same time, The woman that Aaliyah had pinned also turned to ashes.

Vaekara spat out some blood and tried to stand up, but he yelled in pain and fell to the ground again. "Damn Vampires" were the only words he said before he passed out from blood loss.

There was a loud crunch as Hound drove the hilt of his sword into a Vampire's head, killing it. The Vampire turned to dust as Hound took care of another. Hound turned to see a giant Khajiit Vampire stood on the the wall. He hoisted a giant bow, took a 2 meter arrow, and drew back the string in the direction of the rising sun. The sun just began to come over the horizon as the Khajiit let the arrow loose. There was a deafening roar as the sun turned black and the town was plunged into darkness once more.

« Last Edit: Jun 14 2014, 06:42 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 15 2014, 07:37 PM
The barkeeper had reloaded by now, and thanks to being an Orsimer, he could see quite well in the dark*, it would just take a moment for his eyes to adjust.

//*I couldn't actually find anywhere on the TES wikia where it said that, but that's how orcs are in literally every other fantasy universe I'm familiar with, and since TES isn't that creative with its races, I'm assuming it's the case here as well. You can overrule it if you want though.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 15 2014, 09:05 PM
//Orismer cannot see in the dark, they aren't actually a classical Orc. They're a type of Mer (TES Elf). They do, however, have an ability to use their rage to their advantage. They can go berserk which allows them to not feel pain, and increases their strength.//

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 15 2014, 09:11 PM
//Elf see in the dark in most universes too... but eh. Ok.

The barkeep waited and listened.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 15 2014, 10:11 PM
Aaliyah did the same.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 15 2014, 11:09 PM
Hound came crashing through the door, as he was thrown by the Khajiit. The Khajiit entered the room as Hound tried to stand up. The Cat grabbed his leg and dragged him across the floor. Hound's body lifted up and crashed into the wall as the Cat threw him. He fell to the ground and began to writhe around. Screaming, his body began to convulse and contort. His screams turned to roars as he stood up, fully transformed into a Werewolf.

He now stood at the same height as the Khajiit. Hound charged the Khajiit and rammed him into a wall. Pieces of the Cat's flesh flew as the Hound swung his large, clawed hand into the Khajiit's face. The Cat grimaced in pain and kicked Hound into a table. He pinned Hound to the ground and began to attack him with his claws. The Hound managed to stand, but that Khajiit was up first. The Cat grabbed Hound's head and jaw and began to pry them apart. There was a gruesome cracking as Hound's jaw snapped.

His jaw broken, Hound fell to the ground. The Cat put his knee to Hound's elbow, and pulled until another crack was heard. Hound, broken and bloody, used his last ounce of strength to stand. He used his good arm to smash the Cat's face into a support beam, splintering the wood. Jarred by the hit, the Khajiit fell to the ground. The support beam fell on top of the Khajiit, trapping him.

Hound completely lost control of the beast he was inside, and ran at Aaliyah. Vaekara briefly regained consciousness and jammed a long piece of wood from the beam into Hound's leg. He fell to his knees and grabbed Vaekara's again unconscious body. Hound attempted to rip off Vaekara's arm, but failed due to his shattered jaw. The teeth from his upper jaw penetrated the skin, but that was all Hound could do.

« Last Edit: Jun 15 2014, 11:12 PM by Sir Wolfybuns »

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 16 2014, 12:15 AM
The barkeeper aimed for Hound's head or chest and fired his crossbow.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 16 2014, 12:23 AM
The bolt struck Hound directly in the head, killing him instantly. His body fell to the floor and transformed back into its human form. Hound's body lay naked, bloody, and broken on the floor. There were multiple places in his jaw and arm where spikes of bone stuck through the skin.

Part of the ceiling caved in and landed in the fire. The straw thatching from the roof caught ablaze quickly. Soon the whole tavern was lit with flame. Vaekara's barely breathing body lay on the ground near the blaze. He lifted his head slightly and mumbled something about getting to the docks.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 16 2014, 12:40 AM
Aaliyah ran towards Vaekara and wrapped her arms under his, lifting him slightly and pulling him towards the door.

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 16 2014, 12:45 AM
Vaekara continued to mumble about the docks until he managed to get some words out. "Go to the docks and board the Spearmaiden." Pronouncing each word sounded like torture.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 16 2014, 12:49 AM
"Mm-hm." Aaliyah grunted, still heaving him out the door. "Barkeep! Little help over here!"

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 16 2014, 12:54 AM
The barkeeper had been trying to kill the fire with a blanket when he heard Aaliyah's call. He hesitated, looking about his great Tavern, his pride and joy, his life... He had half a mind to try and salvage what he could, but in the moment's hesitation, he knew it was a lost cause. Next best thing? Removing the entrails of the bastard responsible for this and making it into a stew, which he'd serve on a cold dish in a new Tavern he'd build somewhere... Ha. Not likely, he was in his fifties and probably wouldn't survive the night.

"Grr... I'm coming!"

He flipped a burning table out of the way and ran up to help Aaliyah.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 16 2014, 01:00 AM
The town was still overrun by Vampires. They were dragging people out of their homes and executing them in the streets.

The fire in the tavern reached the mead barrels in the basement. There was a loud explosion as the alcohol ignited, which weakened the structure and the whole tavern collapsed.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 16 2014, 01:03 AM
Help. Ha. Aaliyah dumped Vaekara on the barkeeper as soon as she could, because he was heavy. She glanced back at the bar, thinking of going back for her bow. Just before she could go back though, it burst into flames.
    She drew her sword instead, cursing under her breath.

--

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 16 2014, 01:06 AM
A Vampire's thrall attacked Aaliyah with a battleaxe of immense proportion.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 16 2014, 10:25 AM
While Aaliyah was cursing under her breath, the former-barkeeper was cursing quite loudly.

Then he saw the thrall, and charged at him, intent on killing it with his bare hands.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 16 2014, 11:35 AM
 The thrall swung at the barkeeper, barely missing his arm. He over swung, causing the axe to embed itself in the ground firmly.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 17 2014, 06:08 PM
Taking advantage of this, the orc kicked the thrall's arm, then grabbed him by the shoulders and slammed his forehead into its face.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 17 2014, 06:18 PM
The thrall's nose broke, spraying blood across the barkeeps face. He fell, landing on his axe. Blood began to dribble from his mouth as he spoke. "My master will be angry with me." His body turned to ash as he died.

The dock was only a few meters from the barkeep, Aaliyah, and Vaekara. Only a few more steps to safety.

--
I don't wanna

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Jun 17 2014, 06:44 PM
Aaliyah heaved Vaekara towards the docks, glancing all around her quickly as she did so. Having her arms full with something other than a weapon made her jumpy.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Jun 17 2014, 06:49 PM
It had been a while since the barkeeper had tasted blood...

With the corpse gone, he ran after Aaliyah. Not that he knew where she was going, but she seemed to know what was what.

Offline Wolfy

• Redshirt
  • C8H11NO3
Posted Jun 17 2014, 07:51 PM
Vaekara, once again, came back to consciousness. He pointed to a ship made of the finest ashwood from  Morrowind.

--
I don't wanna