Author Topic: Star Wars: The Sanctimonious Seven  (Read 89260 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Star Wars: The Sanctimonious Seven
Posted Dec 24 2014, 01:21 AM
"To put it plainly, you all have much to gain by completing this operation successfully and much to lose by failing. For starters, the Republic is offering you all your freedom and a clean criminal slate, effective immediately upon mission completion. In addition, I may be able to secure a commission into a suitable position in the Republic's security forces for anyone who's performance I find exemplary. If that doesn't suit you, I can arrange for fair monetary compensation instead." Strayker replied, stating most of these things in a neutral-friendly tone, "I would consider that a fair deal if I were you."

His tone then turned darker.

"However, if you choose to do as Mr. Reevio suggested, you will find we have taken precautions against such an action. In addition to my own personal oversight, the happenings on the ship will be monitored by a security droid who will be equipped to alert me to hostile actions and assist me in dealing with them as needed. The ship and each of you will tracked, so the Republic will be able to hunt you down if you do manage to escape. And, I should add... any attempt to desert from this mission will be considered treason against the Republic, for which the penalty, regrettably, is death."

At that, Strayker finally sat down.

"Now, have I made my point clear with everyone?" he concluded.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Dec 24 2014, 01:39 AM
    "Clear as a crystal." Errol replied, leaning back in his chair and folding his hands together on his stomach.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Dec 24 2014, 01:42 AM
Sul raised two fingers. "I have a question."

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 24 2014, 07:37 AM
"Yes, Mr. Koth?"

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 24 2014, 08:41 AM
"Do I get to keep my cargo?"

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 24 2014, 08:43 AM
"Was your cargo legal, Mr. Koth?"

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 24 2014, 09:03 AM
"Debatably."

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 24 2014, 09:24 AM
"Well, then it's debatable whether or not it will be returned to you." Strayker responded, before then speaking to the room at large, "Are there any other questions?"

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Dec 29 2014, 05:43 PM
    Some seconds passed, various members of the six passing glances at each other. Reevio shrugged and waited for Strayker to continue.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 29 2014, 06:34 PM
"Good. The ship should already be supplied and prepped for our departure, so we shouldn't waste any more time." Strayker stated, motioning for everyone to get up, whilst he moved toward the exit.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 29 2014, 10:53 PM
Sul got up and turned towards the door, freezing half-way. His eyes widened briefly, then narrowed into a glare as he finally saw who else was going on the mission. For a moment he looked like he might say something, then he just sighed again and stared up at the ceiling, muttering something under his breath.

Fyra followed Svent.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Dec 30 2014, 03:16 AM
    Minno promptly stood up and followed, seeming nervous and uptight about it all, in contrast to Svent, who was had quite a casual and curious demeanor. Reevio simply took up the rear, hands in his pockets.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 30 2014, 07:49 AM
Jodey gave Sul a timid wave, then took up a place in the line closer to the rear. Probably just in front of Reevio, since he was in the very back.

Strayker waited just outside in the hall for everyone to exit the room, then he took up the lead, heading for the hangar. A guard took up the rear behind Reevio, however.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Dec 30 2014, 02:57 PM
    Svent was taking it all in, making mental notes on vents and electronics and doorways. Not that he expected to ever have to break in or out of this place, it was just habit. Aside from that, not a lot was going on aside from walking in line.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 30 2014, 03:12 PM
Finally they arrived at the ship, where Strayker took the lead up the boarding ramp and into the vessel. He had previously checked it over in the time between when he was briefed himself and when he went to brief his new crew. He then took a position inside and awaited the crew to enter so that he could begin giving orders.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:06 PM
Sul looked around the ship, his face clouding more and more each second. "Sharee kabno'nerate..." He muttered.
    He banged on the closest wall as if knocking on a door. "Where's my carpet?" He demanded.

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:07 PM
    Svent seemed to be looking around at the ceiling of the ship quite a lot once inside. Minno was looking for the aforementioned carpet. Reevio didn't care about either.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:11 PM
"Carpet?" Strayker asked, raising an eyebrow.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:16 PM
Sul pointed at the bare floor. "There were rugs. Seventy-three of them."

Fyra was watching everyone and rolling her eyes at Sul.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:18 PM
"They must have removed them. We are posing as a pirate ship, not a luxury yacht." Strayker retorted.

Jodey squirmed slightly, remembering getting chewed out for dirtying rugs a couple times.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:20 PM
"She looked nothing like a luxury yacht!" Sul protested. "Those rugs were artistic!"

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 30 2014, 04:26 PM
"Evidently it was determined that they weren't appropriate for this mission." Strayker replied, trying to maintain a calm demeanor.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 30 2014, 05:19 PM
"Your face isn't appropriate." Sul retorted angrily, then banged on the wall again.
    "Whaaat..." A sleepy female voice came from the ceiling. Fyra jumped slightly, then looked up, seeming interested.
    "Wake up."
    "You're back already?"
    "You sound disappointed."
    "Um, no...Just, um..." The voice trailed off, then started snickering.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 30 2014, 05:25 PM
"Ah, yes. The A.I." Strayker noted, looking upward, before looking back at the crew, "Before we set off, I'd like to make clear that the captain's quarters will be off-limits to everyone but myself unless I give expressed permission. Outside of that, everyone has free-reign of the ship. Once we've taken off, you can all dump those jumpsuits in favor of more suitable gear that is located in the crew quarters. Mr. Koth, proceed to the cockpit and begin takeoff proceedures."

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
Posted Dec 30 2014, 06:11 PM
"Everyone does not have free reign of the ship." Sul argued. "I'm not having rabble messing around in my engines." For some reason, he shot both Jodey and Fyra a glare as he said this. Fyra just smiled innocently.

--