Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part VI: Rise of the Runebound and the Curiously Elated Fools  (Read 159407 times)

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
     "...Alright then." The man said, then took a swig of his ale.

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "I take it you live nearby then?" The halfling asked next, biting a biscuit in half.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The dwarf rolled his eyes again. "Typical halfling, avoiding the question."

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    The halfling looked at the dwarf, then up at the new guy, then back at the dwarf.

"I... do not think he is a halfling..." She said with the utmost seriousness.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The doors suddenly burst open and nearly two dozen well-armed men poured into the room. The lead men were armed with swords or spears and had heater shields. Following behind them were archers with short bows who posted themselves just inside the door.

"Touch those blades and you're dead!" a woman's voice barked at patrons.

If the folks at the bar were to turn, they'd see a blond-haired woman in her early-to-mid twenties clad leather and chain-mail armor enter the tavern and quickly march across it on route to the back room where the animal fights were taking place. Some of the men followed her while four archers and four men-at-arms remained in the first room, weapons out and pointing between the various patrons.

« Last Edit: Feb 08 2015, 06:37 PM by Tyler294 »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The dwarf slowly pulled his cape over his face as he began to crouch in his chair.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    The other man raised an eyebrow at the dwarf. "Subtle."

--

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Not as subtle as the ninja-halfling who attempted to drop down from her stool into a crouch on the floor, and move to a busier table near a wall, brushing past the dwarf as she did so.

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    The new guy rested his elbow on the counter and slowly facepalmed.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"Hey!" one of the guards snapped, shoving his shield into the face of the halfling, halting her progress, "Get back in your seat!"

The blond woman and the guards had moved to the arena pit room and were attempting to surround and disarm all the beast-owners and spectators there.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "I wasn't sneaking off, I just got here!" The short one replied indignantly, standing up to her full 3'2" height.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
"And you're staying here until told otherwise. Get back in your seat." the guard growled.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    The halfling did so, grumbling under her breath.

--

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
"Shorty," the dwarf said under his breath, "if you want to look inconspicuous don't act suspicious."

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "How do I do that? I'm not a suspecting person!"

--

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Just then the woman came back into the room.

"Did I not instruct you buffoons to disarm everyone in the building?" she snapped at the guards.

"Oh, yes ma'am!" the guard who'd been threatening the halfling stuttered, then sheathed his sword and walked toward the bar.

He first disarmed some random dude at the end, then moved on to the next person, who happened to be the dwarf. Not bothering to ask politely, he began grabbing at the dwarf's belt to try and pull away any swords or knives he had on him.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
   "Oh buddy," the dwarf sighed, "when you go to disarm someone, you don't reach for their belt first. You check their hands..." He quickly brought his dagger up against the guards throat,
   "cause that's what can hurt." He chuckled as he handed the dagger to the guard, "You've got a lot to learn!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The guard took the dagger with an expression that mixed surprise and anger, then proceeded back to removing any weapons from the dwarf's belt. As he was doing so, the woman stepped up next to the dwarf and grabbed him by the beard and pulled him toward her.

"You also have a lot to learn, dwarf, if you think you can threaten my men without recompense!" she intoned angrily.

She then released him, took a step back, then struck the dwarf across the face with her leather-gloved hand.

Now that she was right in front of the folks at the bar, they could see she had a few extra decorations on her armor, indicating status as an officer.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    The halfling leaned closer to the six-foot tall guy and whispered, "He's an officer. And I think he's a she."

Though, given her whisper, it was unlikely that he could actually hear the person who was barely half his height...

--

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
   The dwarf looked up at the woman, with fire burning in his eyes.
   "A threat? Oh no my dear lady," he said mockingly, "I threaten only those I think stand a chance against me! I gave your pathetic excuse for a soldier some much needed advice! But considering his commanding officer, I'm surprised he has not been killed by a pussy-cat!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
A second blow to the face sent the dwarf reeling backward in his chair.

"Clamp them all in irons!" the woman barked at her men.

The captured patrons from the fighting pit were just being led out of the back room.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "Oi, we're supposed to be keeping a low profile.." The halfling said quietly to the dwarf, before obtaining a twinkle in her eye. "Hey wait - I have a cunning plan..."

She stood up as straight as she could and raised a hand and yelled, "Oi! Under passage three-eight-one of the Officer Lawbook, sentence twelve, states that during bar-busts no non-humans may be apprehended or detained without charges!"

--

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    The man at the bar remained with his face in his hand and groaned.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The woman glared at the halfling for a solid ten seconds.

"Continue." she drawled at the guards.