Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part VI: Rise of the Runebound and the Curiously Elated Fools  (Read 214642 times)

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
    Mhaenal turned around just in time to get the scroll out of her way. "What are you doing?"
 --
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Glink stood straight as a rod and folded both hands behind her back as quickly as she could. She looked up at him with big, innocent eyes.

She stood that way for several seconds before looking over her shoulder for someone, then back up at him. She pointed a finger at herself, "Who, me?"

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
 --
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "What about me?"

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    Mhaenal watched her for moment, then mentally shrugged and mounted his horse. "Let's go."
 --

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Killroy also mounted his horse. Then offered Glink a hand up.

The two other prisoners got on their respective horses.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
     Todd, not noticing the plan hadn't worked, was still screaming and running around his horse.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Glink accepted the assist.

"Come on Ted!" She called.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
     "Huh? What did you... oh never mind!" Todd looked at the horse he had been yelling at. "Okay Ted, let's go for a walk."

Surprisingly the horse let him mount, though it was reluctant to move forward.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    It wasn't long before the group arrived at Olavon's house... or rather, they arrived at the massive hill that housed his apparently rather extravagant, multi-story mansion. There was a winding cobblestone path up the hill that'd make the hike less arduous.

"Wow... he lives here? This is the biggest home I've ever seen." Glink said awfully. As in, she was full of awe, not that her voice was awful... or maybe it was, who really knows...

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Looks like your contact is pretty well to do." Killroy noted in Mhaenal's direction.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    Mhaenal nodded, but didn't comment and continued up the hill.
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    Once they made it to the top of the hill and saw the mansion closer, Glink gasped again. "Wait... he has a building too?!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The two prisoners behind Glink exchanged glances in mild confusion and amusement.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    Mhaenal dismounted, walked up to the front door and knocked loudly.
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    After a few moments the door was slowly opened to reveal a tall, muscular orc wearing a suit, scowling down at the door-knocker.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    "Are you Olavan Iver?" Mhaenal asked.
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    The orc turned his gaze to each member in the party, then stelled back on Mhaenal for a solid five seconds.

"Mister Olavon Iver was not expecting visitors."

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    "We're not visitors, we're..." Mhaenal glanced behind him at the gang. "...postal service."
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    The orc peered blankly past Mhaenal at Todd and Killroy.

"The last time a human and an elf and a dwarf went postal together, Mister Olavon was lost a limb." He monotoned.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
"Is he gonna give us reason to lose him another limb?" Killroy inquired sarcastically.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    Mhaenal ignored Killroy and took the scroll out of his quiver. "I was asked to deliver this to Mr. Iver."
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "Mennfred, what are you doing still at the door? Just tell them I'm out, or I'm dead, or something."

"I am sorry. Mister Olavon seems to be out and dead." The orc droned.

The door opened the rest of the way and an old man in red robes appeared next to the hulking green man. He had his right arm wrapped around a bundle of rods, and he had a handful of colorful gems in his left hand, pressed against the side of his head.

"Who are all these people?" He asked curiously.

"Postal workers."

"Oh gods..."

"He says he was sent to deliver that scroll."

The old man relaxed, "Oh. That's not so bad then. Uhh..." He looked at all the things in his hands, before simply dropping the rods to the floor and tossing the gems to the side out of sight. A surprised cat yowl erupted from the place the gems were thrown, but the man paid it no heed, instead just reaching out to take the scroll.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
    Mhaenal gave Mennfred a confused glanced and handed the scroll to the old man.
 --

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
    "I find this very suspect." Glink whispered to Todd.

Or she tried to whisper anyway, in actuality she said it quite loudly.

"Ah, thank you young sir. This must be Ray'an's painting.." The old man seemed excited as he untied the ribbon. He stopped before unrolling it though. "Oh. Payment. Err, I mean manners." He patted down his pockets. "I seem to have nothing. Have you any coin, Mennfred."

"No I do not, Mister Olavon."

"Well stiffles. Wait here a moment."

Olavon turned around and started down a hallway, while muttering under his breath about something and unrolling the scroll.