Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 195544 times)

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force
Posted Nov 23 2018, 08:30 PM
"Why have this be a mission when it's actually a grand reunion with another of our brothers?" Miller asked excitedly.

"I must say Miller," admitted Harvey, "you and Commander sure do have a lot of siblings. Like one of your sisters I stayed with."

"Really? Who?"

"Mindi of course."

"Oh yes! Yes. A cheeky little sister if I may add." agreed Miller.

"Yep. And troublesome too." Harvey sighed.

The birds were riding on Gort's shoulders due to their wings not being able to fly.

"Why do we have to deserve this?" mumbled Cranky.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
Posted Nov 24 2018, 07:05 AM
"It comes when you associate with Morrisons," Gort told the birds as they continued walking.

"No silly!" Naeleen told Al, "Daddy said Uncle Marty had issues with land and aggyculture investments!"

"Um... is no one going to listen to my point?" Ooqi asked in disbelief.

"Here we are; Uncle Marty's house!" Naeleen declared as she extender her hands to the house in the distance.  The house, which appeared to be a normal, except for the fact that half of it appeared to be sunken into the ground.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Nov 24 2018, 07:54 AM
"Uh-huh... Looks like a Morrison residence." Al nodded blankly.

"Oh, I love what they did with it!" Summer remarked, "We should get the name of their decorator!"

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't the decorator who made that architectural decision..." Al noted.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Nov 24 2018, 09:44 AM
"Did he built a house on top of quicksand?" Doodles looked at the house.

"Who knows." shrugged Miller, "But we'll find out soon enough never then less!"

"I thought you knew how your brother's house was like." frowned Cranky.

"Well yes." began Miller, "But you see, it happens when you build houses on weak-ground spots. Unless it's a basement."

"What's a basement?" asked Doodles.

"It's a room underground under a house. Or is it under a house underground?" Miller thought.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Nov 25 2018, 09:05 AM
Just then the higher half the the house seemed to slam down to be the same distance underground as the lower.

"...I didn't do it!" Naeleen said as she lifted her hands to show they were empty.

"No! You were supposed to go the other way!" A figured screamed as he ran around the house. He grabbed a rope that was looped around one of the windows and up into a nearby tree. He pulled on the rope, trying to hoist the house up. However, the tree wasn't entirely stable...

*CRASH*

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Nov 25 2018, 09:33 AM
"You know, I should really stop being surprised when it comes to Morrisons." Al sighed.

"That house has obedience issues." Summer remarked.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Nov 25 2018, 12:12 PM
"Basements huh?" Cranky sarcastically said.

"What the devil?!" gasped Miller with his hands on both sides of his face, "That's not suppose to happen!"

"Well what do ya know! My calculations are correct!" Doodles called out, "The house is on top of quicksand!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Nov 26 2018, 03:46 PM
"Are you all done?" Gort asked.

"I haven't weighed in yet," Ooqi offered as he raised his hand.

"Oh shut up," Gort sighed as he began walking towards the house. "You seem to be having some issues with your house."

"You think?!" the man replied, as he ran around to the other side and swung the rope over another tree.

"I told him not to dig a hole under the house!" A woman yelled as she climbed out of the front door, "But he didn't listen!"

"But wibblefruit only grow underground!" the man countered, tying the other end of the rope to another window.

"Wibblefruit are illegal!" The woman, who appeared to be in her early 50's, screamed back. "We could be shut down if we were caught!"

"Oh shut it, Lana!" He snapped, "Since Westinburg fell the department hasn't had time to investigate wibblefruit!"

"Well who do you think these people are?" She replied as she motioned towards the Special Force™.

The man turned to Gort and paused, "...I swear, I've never even seen a wibblefruit!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Nov 26 2018, 03:56 PM
"Shame on you! Wibblefruit have exceedingly potent and dangerous characteristics!" Al admonished them, "However, if you have succeeded in growing any, you should turn them over immediately for proper disposal. If you do this without a fuss, we may not report you."

"Yeah!" Summer chirped, before blinking in confusion and looking down at her brother, "Uh... huh?"

"Shh. Wibblefruit are any potion-maker's dream come true! So just play along, okay?" Al hissed at her in a hushed tone.

"Oh, right..." Summer grinned and winked at him, "Yes, turn over those wibblefruit immediately, or we will demolish your house with high explosives!"

Al facepalmed.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Nov 26 2018, 06:10 PM
The man gasped, "I wasn't expecting the Cerulean inquis..."

"We're friends of Commander." Gort interrupted.

"More like employees, actually." Ooqi corrected, "I mean, except that we've never been paid... or anything."

"Welcome to the club!" The woman complained, "I've been married to a Morrison for over 20 years, and I still haven't gotten paid!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Nov 26 2018, 06:18 PM
"Wait, how did this marriage come about?" Al stuttered.

"Must have won a bet, just like grandpa!" Summer exclaimed.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Nov 26 2018, 06:34 PM
"Well, it wasn't easy either way whether they're married or not." replied Miller.

"Even when it comes to Morrisons." committed Cranky, "Yep. Not good listeners."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Nov 26 2018, 07:02 PM
"I don't like the bird!" The woman, evidently named Lana, said as she pointed at Cranky.

"I think we'll get along just fine," Naeleen said as she gave Lana an 'okay' hand motion.

"I always figured Commander would join the department, but I never thought he'd bust his own brother!" Marty lamented.

"We're not here to bust you," Gort replied.

"Lana! You here that?" Marty yelled to his wife, "Don't give them the wibblefruit!"

"Commander said something about you needing help?" Gort asked, hoping to get more information.

"Of course we need help! Look at our house!" Lana yelled as she pointed at the sunken dwelling.

"How would Commander know about that? We just broke the first half yesterday!" Marty rolled his eyes.

"I don't know how you all know, but you know!" She said as she began to walk back into the house, "I'm going to make sure the floor didn't crush the wibblefruit!"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Nov 26 2018, 07:16 PM
"Well no matter, brother!" Miller hugged Marty, "Need help, we're here! Also, it's good to see you again."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Nov 26 2018, 07:28 PM
"Crushing wibblefruit is the first step in preparing it for potion brewing!" Al moaned.

"Oh, enough with the wibblefruit! Are we here to fight someone or not?" Summer belted-out.

"Wait, where did you get the idea we were here to fight someone?"

"We are a mercenary group, are we not?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Dec 06 2018, 06:03 PM
"Have we actually fought more than that one time?" Ooqi asked, a little confused.

"We're fighting all the time!" Naeleen corrected him, "Don't you remember yesterday when you turned us into frogs!"

"But that never would have happened if YOU hadn't lost the vial!" he yelled.

"You gave a potion to a 8 year old! What did you expect would happen!"

"I didn't give it to you! Al did!"

"Al didn't step on it!"

"Well you should have thrown it at the witch!"

"...See?" Naeleen calmly said, "We're fighting."

Gort sighed and looked at Marty, "Commander said you've been having issues with agriculture investments?"

"I what?!" Marty asked slightly bewildered.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 06 2018, 06:25 PM
"So... we're not fighting?" Summer asked, clearly confused.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Dec 06 2018, 07:30 PM
"Of course we're not my dear Summer." Miller answered to Summer, "My brother Marty has a house problem. And we need to solve it. Besides, what has fighting got to do with house issues? Huh?"

"To mercenaries, it's everything. But truthfully it isn't." corrected Cranky, "So that means the answer is...nothing."

"A+ for you my feathered friend!" cheered Miller, "So this proves we're not here to fight! But here to help solve my brother's problem! Is it that right, Marty?" 

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Dec 29 2018, 08:23 PM
"...I honestly didn't know you were coming," Marty shrugged.

"Yes you did! You wrote to Commander three weeks ago!" Lana yelled from inside the house.

"Not about agriculture investments! I told him all my farmhands quit!" he then turned back to the others, "And right before harvest season!"

"Oh no, I see where this is going..." Ooqi sighed as he hid his head in his hands.

"Hey, how would you guys like a job!" Marty suggested.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Dec 29 2018, 08:47 PM
"We already have a job! Helping you with agricultural investments! Taking another would be a conflict of interests!" Summer retorted, "Wait... a conflict? I'm in!"

Al facepalmed.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 06 2019, 06:34 PM
"Anything for my-um-hm...what position of siblings are you at?" Miller wondered trying to remember if Marty was the older brother or younger brother, "..." "Well-you're my brother either way!"

"How can we do jobs? Look at us!" complained Doodles showing himself and Cranky to the group and Marty.

"We're birds stupid. We don't do jobs for humans!" mumbled Cranky.

"Just as long as it doesn't wore out my bones too much." added Harvey.

"No matter! Whatever it takes to help brother Marty, it's worth wearing out our bones!" announced Miller, "Wait...what did I just say?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jan 06 2019, 06:42 PM
Naeleen started to laugh, "For a minute, I thought you said you were stupid birds! That's funny!"

"So... you guys will help?" Marty asked hopefully.

"We really should be elsewhere," Gort muttered to himself.

"Great!" Marty said, "We could start right now in the southern fields! That's where we keep the semi-legal crops!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Jan 06 2019, 07:16 PM
"Will we get paid in wibblefruit?" Al asked.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 08 2019, 05:05 PM
"I prefer corn." said Cranky, "And lettuce. Carrots. Tomatoes. Rice. Something that the crazy manager can't get us!"

"I vote for that." agreed Doodles.

"Whatever the cost would be," began Miller then whispered, "It's best if you don't get wibblefruit."

"Hm. I wonder how wibblefruit tastes like?" wondered Cranky.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jan 14 2019, 07:32 PM
"So, a different currency for each person," Gort summed up.

"Sounds great! Off to the fields!" Marty cheered as he grabbed a hoe and began skipping away. Naeleen followed suit, and began to sing a song about about chilly Chilly mountain.

"This is absurd! I did not sign up for a mercenary group to do manual labor!" Ooqi objected.

"You didn't sign up, technically." Gort said as he also followed Marty.

"That... is not the point!" Ooqi yelled as he ran to catch up.

After about a half hour walk, the Special Force™ found themselves in the middle of a barley field, with each of them having been given a burlap bag in which to collect the grain.

"Somehow I feel like this is not efficient," Ooqi commented as he slowly plucked some heads of grain.

"Don't be silly! Morrison's have been harvesting their fields this way for generations!" Marty disagreed.

"I'm glad my dad wasn't a farmer!" Naeleen whined as she looked at her bag, "I wonder how you fight with something like this..."

Meanwhile, Gort was bending over, examining something on the ground.

« Last Edit: Jan 23 2019, 07:41 PM by DeadJim »