Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 181086 times)

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force
Posted Mar 02 2019, 10:00 AM
"She's abandoning us?" asked Doodles.

"Who cares about her." Cranky snorted, "Once a brat, always a brat!"

"Need help?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
Posted Mar 02 2019, 11:55 AM
Gort sighed, "Sure, give me a boost."

While the sound of scurrying wolfbengas deep within the caverns was steadily increasing, Ooqi paused for a moment when he thought he heard the sound of footsteps, other than that of those in his group. He shrugged it off and continued, but as they passed a side tunnel, he could have swore he saw eyes peering back at him. They quickly disappeared, and he glimpsed someone run into the darkness.

"Summer! Summer!" he whispered ahead to the group, though he wasn't going to wait to see if anyone heard him, as he darted off after the figure.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Mar 02 2019, 11:59 AM
"Yes? Yes?" Summer stopped and looked around, "What do you need? What do you need?"

She noticed Ooqi running off the wrong way.

"Hey, Ooqi, where are you going?" she asked, then ran after them, also not bothering to wait to see if the others were following her.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Mar 02 2019, 12:09 PM
"My dear word!" examined Miller, "I never been under your field before brother. How extortionary!"

Harvey rolled his eyes, "Is that all you care about? Adoring underground things?"

"Well technically...no." 

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Mar 02 2019, 12:26 PM
"Why thank you, Miller!" Marty beamed, "I care for my field with the finest fertilizer, a derivative of a special rock from Tomb Mountain, which gives my soil it's luscious volume, and enhanced growing abilities!"

Ooqi kept running until he came to 3 tunnels, all leading different directions. He paused and listened, trying to hear in which tunnel the figure had gone.

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Mar 02 2019, 12:41 PM
Ooqi heard something. It sounded like bootsteps, behind him, getting closer... quickly.

Then he was brawled over and flattened by a wild Summer.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Mar 05 2019, 05:05 PM
"...Ouch."

His lay there on the ground a moment, before attempting to stand up. The attempt failed, as Summer was still on top of him.

"Summer," he wheezed, "we need to figure out which tunnel the creepy figure went down!"

Online Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Mar 06 2019, 05:47 AM
Summer popped back up to her feet.

"Clearly, he went thattaway!" she declared, pointing at the right tunnel, "Let's go, Ooqi!"

She picked him up and hauled him over her shoulder, then started charging down the right tunnel.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The tunnel continued for several hundred feet, until it opened up into a large rectangular room. To the left on the same wall were two other tunnels. On the right wall another tunnel entered, and ahead of them the tunnel got narrower and shorter. By that point Ooqi wiggled free from Summer's grip, and went crashing to the floor. 

"Do you see any footprints?" Ooqi asked as he stared at the ceiling.

Before Summer had a chance to answer, they could hear footsteps approaching from the tunnel to the right.