Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 185840 times)

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:03 PM
"Well, there's also the farmer's market... If you want to do battle with pitchforks and oxen." the man shrugged.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:04 PM
     "No! I want to see the mercenaries!" Naeleen began to cry.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:05 PM
"Your call, old chap! Have a splendid day!" the man proclaimed, before departing.

The orc had picked up the old dwarf and propped him up on a chair.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:08 PM
     "A mercenary guild?" the commander pondered.

     "Hey, we've tried everything else!" the younger leprechaun stated, "And nothing could be worse than that one time we went to that farmers market!"

     "The commander sighed, "Why not? Let's go."

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:09 PM
"Be cautious. Some of those people are rather crazy." the orc bartender cautioned, "I know from experience."

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:09 PM
     "Thank you." the commander said as he and his group left the building.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:11 PM
The Mercenary Guild building was further down the street. It was a tall wooden hall with a vaulted roof and thick, oak doors. There was a variety of animals tethered outside: Horses, donkeys, a couple camels, a cow, pig and even a unicorn.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:13 PM
     "Naeleen," the commander said, "why don't you play with the pretty unicorn why we go inside, okay?"

     "Do I have to?" she grunted.

     "Yes." he said sternly as he and the leprechauns walked away.

« Last Edit: May 07 2015, 08:14 PM by DeadJim »

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:15 PM
The unicorn slowly turned its head toward Naeleen as she approached. It was equipped in metal and leather armoring and most of the face was covered in an iron face-mask. Once Naeleen was within five yards of it, the previously black eye-slits in the mask began to glow a fiery red-orange color and the animal let out a low, menacing growl.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:16 PM
     The sad faced girl suddenly perked up, as she ran to the creature to observe it.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:38 PM
Meanwhile, the others had just entered the guild hall. The first thing that jumped out at them... was the smell. The building had the strangest odor, most likely from the strange variety of people that were inside. There was even an egg with arms and legs sitting on a divider wall between a couple of booths.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:41 PM
     The commander continued inside while the two leprechauns stood at the doorway staring in.
 
     "This is worse than the farmer's market." The older one whispered.

      The other nodded.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:49 PM
At that moment, what looked like a bottle of beer rolled over and bumped into the commander's leg.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:52 PM
     The commander looked down at the bottle, then looked around to see where it came from.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:57 PM
"Don't touch that! It's highly explosive!" a young dwarf exclaimed, running up to the commander.

Unlike most dwarves, this one had a somewhat higher-pitched voice. He was wearing round, thin-rimmed glasses and had a relatively small brown beard. His clothing was more fitting of an individual of higher social standing, rather than a mercenary.

"I wouldn't doubt him." a second person, this one a young orc woman, added, coming up behind the dwarf, "I'm missing a finger, two toes and a chicken because of him."

« Last Edit: May 07 2015, 08:59 PM by Tyler294 »

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 08:59 PM
     "Um... it's already touched my leg." the commander replied suspiciously.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:02 PM
"Don't... move... a... muscle..." the dwarf said, crouching down and carefully picking up the bottle.

The orc girl was looking over his shoulder.

"Oh... wait. This actually is beer. Silly me." the dwarf chuckled sheepishly, before opening the bottle and handing it to the orc girl.

She suspiciously sniffed it, confirming it was indeed beer, then smiled.

"Thanks, bro." she said, before taking a big swig.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:05 PM
     "Do you usually have this much trouble keeping track of your explosives?" the commander inquired.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:12 PM
"No. Well, sometimes." the dwarf replied, "Look, I'm sorry about that. My name is Allan, but people just call me Al."

The orc girl cleared her throat.

"Oh, and my sister, Summer."

The girl tipped her iron kettle hat at the commander and his accomplices. They may notice she had a pair of "boomsticks" as they were often called, strapped to her belt on either side.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:21 PM
     "Wait, you're siblings?" the younger leprechaun said as he walked towards them.

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:24 PM
"I'm adopted." Al quickly clarified.

"Mom was adopted too. And if an orc can be adopted by dwarves, then a dwarf can be adopted by an orc." Summer added.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:26 PM
     "I hate to interrupt commander," the older leprechaun said, "but you know we have business to do."

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 07 2015, 09:27 PM
"What sort of business?" Summer asked eagerly.

Offline DeadJim

  • Role Player
  • ***
  • Posts: 1165
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted May 09 2015, 06:46 AM
     "Well Miss Summer," the younger leprechaun smiled, "how would you like me to tell you about it? Maybe over a drink?"

Offline Tyler294

  • Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • *****
  • Posts: 14310
  • The Default User
The "Special" Force
Posted May 09 2015, 01:47 PM
"If you're paying for drinks, sure. You can tell us about it." Al interjected before his sister could get off a word.

Summer shot him an annoyed glare, but Al paid it no mind.

« Last Edit: May 09 2015, 07:32 PM by Tyler294 »