Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 178904 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force
Posted Jan 23 2019, 07:45 PM
"Mister Gort." Summer approached the seasoned leprechaun, "I can't help but notice this is a very boring job. Can we go somewhere else now?"

"Summer, you haven't even done anything yet!" Al called over.

"I tried, I almost fell asleep." she replied, then looked back at Gort, "Couldn't we go find a job where we can fight...?"

Then she noticed he was looking at something.

"Oh, did you find something to fight?" she asked excitedly.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
Posted Jan 23 2019, 08:04 PM
"Marty Morrison!" Gort yelled as he suddenly stood up, "How long has your field been infected with wofbengas!"

"Wof-whatas?" Marty asked.

"But all the wofbengas were killed hundreds of years ago!" Ooqi objected, "They just can't come back."

"Then how do you explain Mindi's field?" Gort said as he crossed his arms.

"The Tomb Mountain dwarfs took credit for that!"

"Come on, Ooqi! They were drunk! They probably actually thought they did it!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Jan 23 2019, 08:05 PM
"Wait what...?" Summer scratched the side of her head.

"Wofbengas!?" Al apparently recognized the term, even if his author did not.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 24 2019, 03:11 PM
"I say now!" Miller called out twelve yards away from Gort and the others, "What's all that racket about? Ya chasing mice or what?"

"Don't be preposterous Miller!" snapped Harvey working right next to Miller, "Leprechauns don't chase mice. Cats do. While mice chase women."

"Hm. That is true." agreed Miller as he went back to work.

***

Meanwhile...Cranky and Doodles were also at the field, but instead of harvesting wheat, they were stealing some for themselves to eat without anyone noticing. It's what birds do.

"Now this is our work." sneakily said Cranky, "A crow's feast!"

"What about pigeons? Like me?" Doodles questioned.

"Well...kinda. No offence but, crows are the main birds that steal crops, but it counts since we're both birds. Are we not?"

"Of course we are. Of course we are. Maybe."

"So lets collect more wheat while we still can!" exclaimed Cranky excitedly as they continued to steal more wheat by chopping the stems with their beaks.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jan 30 2019, 08:13 AM
"What are we worried about?" Naeleen asked, suddenly interested if there might be a fight involved.

"Wolfbengas," Ooqi began, since he actually knew something about the subject, "are a type of weasel that were bread by leprechauns almost a thousand years ago. They burrow underground, and create colonies much like ants. They were originally hoped to aid in the digging of tunnels, but later when a war broke out between the leprechauns and the Vensians, wolfbengas were employed as a means of destroying the buildings and fields of the Vensians. After the leprechauns were eventually defeated, men and dwarfs exterminated the wolfbengas... honestly, they're quite harmless if you don't disturb them when they're underground; it's once they're above ground you need to worry."

"Awesome! And Uncle Marty has some!" Naeleen exclaimed with delight.

"Don't be silly!" Marty said, "Like your friend said earlier, wolfbengas are extinct! And even if they weren't, they only collapse fields when their masters, the leprechauns are present! Luckily, we don't have any of those shrewd folk around here."

Ooqi looked at Gort, then slowly pulled his cap over his slightly pointed ears.

"Yeah... haha, good thing..." he nervously laughed.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Jan 30 2019, 09:37 AM
"Well actually, we have--" Summer started to say.

But Al quickly picked up a rock and throw it at Summer, clunking it off her arm.

"--HEY! What was that for!?" she demanded.

"That was for yapping and not working!" Al responded.

"But, you were standing there talking too!"

"Wrong, I was standing here, listening. Big difference."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Feb 07 2019, 05:50 PM
Gort sighed and put his ear to the ground, though he was quick to jump back to his feet.

"We need to get off this field NOW!" He said as he pointed to a nearby hill, where there were many large boulders sticking out of the ground. "Rocky ground is safer! Run that way!"

Ooqi was quick to follow orders, while Naeleen stared at him for a moment.

"So we're fighting them from the rocks?" she asked.

"... sure, so get over there NOW!" Gort yelled.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Feb 07 2019, 06:18 PM
"We're fighting the rocks!?" Summer exclaimed, whipping out her sword, "Then have at them!"

She charged at the rocks with her sword held over her head.

"Someday, I will concoct a potion that will grant that girl intelligence." Al sighed, before lumbering after her.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Feb 11 2019, 07:21 AM
"Ay! Where are you going?" called out Miller to the group, "Ya playing tag or what?!"

"I don't think they're playing games." Harvey said in concern, "I think Gort ordered us to get off the field for some-unknown reason." Then he went off after the group towards the rockpile.

"We're taking a break already? But we just started working!" protested Miller before going after Harvey, "What gives?"

But the birds kept collecting and eating wheat. Even when Gort gave everyone an alarm.

"How much more wheat do we need?" asked Doodles, "We already chopped eight wheat shocks and eaten the grain."

"As much as we need." replied Cranky, "Besides, it's better to do that than stealing produce with that mad-manager around. What can go wrong by doing this?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Feb 21 2019, 06:33 PM
At that very moment the ground began to violently shake, and the sound of hundreds of scurrying creatures could be heard and felt below. Gort was about to yell out more orders, but the ground he was standing on gave way, and he disappeared into a dark abyss below. The collapsing ground expanded like ripples on the water, soon approaching the fleeing members of the Special Force.

Ooqi was the farthest ahead, and he reached the rocks well ahead of the others. As he looked back, he could see Naeleen turn around and jump into the area that Gort had fallen through. He could only assume that the birds were falling, as the screaming and chattering became distant under the sound of the wolfbengas. Summer reached the rocks next, followed by Miller and Marty. Al had fallen behind for some reason or another, and soon vanished into the dust cloud that had started to fill the air. Harvey was the last one running, though his age kept him from running quickly. The ground collapsed behind him, and to his sides. With each step he took the ground inched up on him, with the slightest misstep sending him into the darkness. Just as it seemed as the end had come, Harvey calmly reached the rocks and stepped up to join the others.

Ooqi stared at him with his jaw dropped.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Feb 21 2019, 06:43 PM
"GOODNESS GRACIOUS FOR MY SOUL!!" gasped Harvey as he looked at the giant hole before he turned to Ooqi, "What? I survived worse things."

"WHAT THE DEVIL HAPPENED!" cried Miller in complete shock.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Feb 21 2019, 07:10 PM
"Yay, I win!" Summer cheered, throwing her hands into the air, "Ha ha, I beat you Al! Dwarves are natural sprinters my..."

She turned around to find that Al was not there. Neither was the ground.

"Hey... where'd Al go?"