Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 195528 times)

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force
Posted Apr 11 2019, 06:22 PM
"You want to fight... my elderly uncle..." Ooqi asked.

"I can take her, I can taker her!" Aarchie said as he sheathed his sword and began hopping around with his fists ready to fight.

Naeleen thought for a moment, "Yes it does."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Apr 11 2019, 06:24 PM
"I mean, he is out enemy, isn't he?" Summer pointed-out.

"Young lady, you need to learn not base your perceptions on racial stereotypes! When you get old enough to go the university, they'll set you straight!" Al declared.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 22 2019, 04:17 PM
"Well yes, he's everybody's enemy," Ooqi explained, "That's just his thing."

"But I collapsed the witch's field! So now I'm REALLY her enemy!" Aarchie laughed.

"The Tomb Mountain dwarfs actually took credit for that," Ooqi thought back.

"...THEY DID WHAT!" Aarchie screamed, "They shall pay... they shall pay..."

"The university!" Naeleen laughed, as she began walking again. "I can't go there, I'm a Morrison!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Apr 23 2019, 07:03 AM
"I knew we should have wasted those dwarves!" Summer spat angrily, raising a fist toward the sky ceiling.

"Morrison's can't go to the university?" Al mused, "Actually, that explains a lot."

He started walking after her though, since it was still better to accompany the crazy girl rather than remain alone in a cave.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 23 2019, 05:22 PM
"My dear girl, kneel before me!" Aarchie said in a regal, commanding voice, "And I shall make you a knightess in my kingdom!"

"You're what?!" Ooqi gasped in disbelief.

Naeleen began exploring the tunnels, occasionally getting on her hands and knees and peeping through smaller openings. In one of the smaller openings, one small enough that only her arm could fit, she reached in and began to feel around. She then froze, and her eyes widened while she nervously looked at Al.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Apr 24 2019, 06:15 AM
"But why would I kneel?" Summer asked, then regarded Aarchie for a moment, "Oh, you couldn't reach my shoulders otherwise, I get it!"

Al just glared at her with his hands on his hips.

"Let me guess, something bit you hand? You ought to know better than to stick your hands into such holes, young lady!" he chastised her.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 24 2019, 06:51 PM
As Summer knelt, Aarchie drew his sword and placed it on her shoulder, "By my power as King of the Evynora, I do bestow on you the honor of knighthood in the realm of the Leprechauns; by birth it is not given, and by death not taken away. Serve with honor when necessary; Strength when unnecessary; And with mischief always!"

"I don't think that's how it goes..." Ooqi thought aloud.

Aarchie switched his blade to Summer's other shoulder, "Now rise, Knightess... uh, what's your name?"

"No..." Naeleen whispered, "I can't reach my flail!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Apr 25 2019, 06:56 AM
"Summer!" Summer responded cheerily, "Yay, now I'm part of two fighting organizations!"

"..."

Al glared at her.

"And why do you need your flail? You could not fit it in that hole anyway." he crossed his arms.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted May 02 2019, 05:45 PM
"Rise, Knightess Summer!"  Aarchie commanded, "Guard of the Evynora; Keeper of Mischief; Daughter of Great Leprechauns; Warrior of the..."

"You know, we really need to get going," Ooqi chuckled nervously as he grabbed Summer's arm, "You know, other obligations and such."

"Because," Naeleen grunted as she jerked her arm back several times, trying to fit something through the hole. Then, with one final grunt, she pulled her hand out, and within it, was Doodles. "I found something to fight!"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted May 06 2019, 06:04 PM
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" screamed Doodles with his eyes popped out, "A KILLER GIRL IS GONNA KILL ME!!"

Doodles escaped Naeleen's hand and bolted back into the small opening! Voices were heard from there.

"What's up with you now?!" the other voice growled which sounded like Cranky.

"There's a killer out there who's gonna kill me!!" Doodles voice echoed, "A GIRL KILLER-or-I mean...KILLER GIRL!"

"If there's only one killer girl out there, it's Naeleen! Or was it Summer? Anyway, who else would be in these tunnels?"

"Well who ever it was, SHE WAS ABOUT TO KILL ME!"

"Then it's Naeleen! Come on!"

Walking out the narrow tunnel was Cranky and Doodles.

"So there you are!" grunted Cranky to Naeleen, "Oh! And-uh-there you are as well Al!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted May 07 2019, 06:04 AM
"Do those obligations conflict with our new obligations?" Summer asked, allowing herself to be led away, "And can we add that conflict to the existing one to create even more conflict?"

"What were you two doing in that hole?" Al narrowed his already beady eyes at the two avian individuals.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted May 09 2019, 03:26 PM
"Do not walk away from me!" Aarchie yelled as the left the tunnel, "I will use my dark magic the witch gave me!"

"I wonder who let him out of the retirement home," Ooqi sighed as soon as he and Summer were out of hearing range. "Wait, I can't leave him here! He's my responsibility!"

He turned around and went back into the chamber, but there was no sign of Aarchie, only a faint green mist.

"Oh benga shi-" Ooqi muttered as the ground began to rumble with the sound of approaching beasts...

Naeleen scooched the birds aside and put her mouth into the hole, "Goooooooort! Aaaaare yooooou iiiiiiiin theeeeeere?!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted May 11 2019, 09:02 AM
"Language, Ooq." Summer slapped her companion, "Now, let's get ready to fend off whatever horrors are coming our way!"

She drew out her sword and prepared for battle.

"Naeleen... Just come on. You're not going to find anything else in there." Al groaned.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted May 16 2019, 05:52 PM
"Never mind, he's not my responsibility anymore," Ooqi said as he grabbed Summer's arm, "Ruuuun!"

As he yelled this a wave of wolfbengas raced into the far side of the chamber.

"Goooooort!" Naeleen continued calling.

"Ah good, she found you." Gort addressed Al as he hobbled around the wall Naeleen was yelling into. "Do we know how many more are down here?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted May 16 2019, 06:07 PM
"Hey Ooqi! I think we found his army!" Summer shouted in a tone that was way to pleasant for the situation.

"Only those present as far as I know, but seeing as we were separated upon descending, it is likely that others are down here as well. We should make haste in locating them." Al stated.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted May 16 2019, 06:27 PM
"And how do we know if they're down here?" Cranky questioned.

"Wait...who's down here?" wondered Doodles...then he remembered, "Oh right! US!"

Cranky facepalmed.

"The rest of the group you dork!"

"Well that counts as us, right?"

"Not all of us! I mean-we in this area are us! But the rest of the group that are at a different area are not us! Especially not yet!"

"But if we're all in one group as a team, like before we came to this field, it's still us!"

"NOT WHEN WE'RE SEPERATED!!" yelled Cranky as his echo travels through the tunnels saying "SEPERATED!! SEPERATED!! SEPERATED!! SEPERATED!! SEPERATED!!" then it vanished away from them.

"...But it's still us ether way." repeated Doodles.

Cranky frowned, "I hate you."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jun 20 2019, 02:31 PM
"We need to get to the surface, we've been down here too long," Gort stated as he looked around. "Wolfbengas are not friendly creatures. Once above ground we can see who is still missing and better organize a search."

"Oh, there you are Gort!" Naeleen said cheerily from the ground.

Ooqi kept trying to pull at Summer's arm until he fell onto his back. Soon the first few wolfbengas emerged from the darkness, jumping several feet in the air at the intruders.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Jun 20 2019, 05:09 PM
"Does anyone have any theories on which way leads us to the surface?" Al wondered.

Summer, almost completely obvious to Ooqi, tried to reach her free arm around and grab her (empty) pistol, despite the fact that she was holding a sword in her other hand. However, since Ooqi was holding on, she wound up whipping him through the air...

Right into the leaping wolfbengas.

Several of the critters were knocked out of the air and into the wall, putting them out cold. Summer stopped mid motion, now noticing there was a Leprechaun dangling from her arm, which she raised in front of her face to get a better look.

"Oh, hey Ooqi, what are you hanging around there for?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jun 20 2019, 05:36 PM
"I've spent too many days on the surface," Gort sighed, "My underground navigating skills aren't what they used to be."

"Couldn't you just blow up the ceiling above us so we could climb out?" Naeleen asked Al as she looked up.

The leprechaun's eyes were bulged and his face was pale.

"Can we escape now?" He asked desperately.

« Last Edit: Jun 20 2019, 05:43 PM by DeadJim »

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Jun 20 2019, 05:48 PM
"I suppose I could... if we all wanted to be buried alive." Al replied in a completely matter-of-fact voice.

"What? Why would we escape now when we clearly have the advantage!" Summer questioned.

Several dozen more wolfbengas emerged from the darkness, while the sound of even more, maybe even in the hundreds, could be heard scurrying toward them.

"Ah, I see why we would escape now while we clearly have the advantage." Summer nodded, then promptly turned and started running, with Ooqi still dangling from her arm.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jun 20 2019, 06:41 PM
"Sounds good!" Naeleen said as she gave him a thumbs up.

"Let's start with this," Gort began, "Which direction smells better? Birds?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Jun 20 2019, 06:50 PM
"That way!" Cranky and Doodles pointed in different directions, "Or...that way!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Jul 21 2019, 06:34 PM
"There's a direction that smells better?" Naeleen asked as she wrinkled her nose.

"Nevermind," Gort sighed, "my tunnel navigation is rusty, but it's our best shot."

He then led them down one of the tunnels, though the light was getting dimmer, and a soft rumbling sound was growing stronger.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Jul 21 2019, 06:38 PM
"My dwarven instincts may be dulled by living my entire life on the surface, but even so, I get the distinct feeling that we are going in the wrong direction." Al noted.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Jul 21 2019, 06:56 PM
"Why? Were you born as a mole?" joked Cranky.

"No problem. We'll draw arrows on the ground to mark our direction. That way, we'll know which is the wrong way." instructed Doodles.

« Last Edit: Jul 21 2019, 07:02 PM by Shawnex »