Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 229355 times)

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force
Posted Oct 09 2019, 07:09 PM
"I would have signed up for farming years ago if I had known it was this fun!" Naeleen smiled as she followed Al.

"Let's get moving on," Gort sighed as he struggled to stand up, "You got things under control here, Marty?"

"Things are wonderful! Perfectly wonderful!" Marty replied as he knelt down and began planting wibblefruit seeds.

"We can't leave yet!" Naeleen shouted, "We literally just got here!"

"We might be able to make it to a nearby town by sundown," Gort said, "We've wasted enough time here already."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Oct 09 2019, 07:18 PM
"And we're-- you know what, never mind. Leaving sounds like a splendid plan," Al agreed, "If everyone is here, let us be off!"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Jan 16 2020, 08:13 AM
"But Al!" interrupted Doodles, "Do you or Gort know the way out?"

"And how did you get here?" Cranky asked Marty.

"The other question is this!" appeared a another voice, "It's not, How we got here. The question, is how you got here?"

"That's what I asked Marty, Miller!" snapped Cranky, "We were chased by wolfbengas!"

"The-What?!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Feb 25 2020, 07:01 PM
"We're leaving now!" Gort snapped as he grabbed the birds by their necks, "Come along, Naeleen."

"But who will help me plant the wibblefruit!" Marty demanded, "These crops won't plant themselves! Why, think of all the-"

"MAAAAAARTY!" screamed a voice.

"YES LANA?!" he yelled back.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE FIELD!"

"DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! AT LEAST NOW WE DON'T NEED TO RAISE THE HOUSE UP!"

"Harvey, let's get going," Gort sighed, "Al, grab Naeleen."

He then started climbing to the surface, birds in hand. Having lived above the surface for most of his adult life, Gort wasn't used to dark tunnels, and was glad to finally see the sun again. Unfortunately, much of the day had passed, and there would probably be only a few hours of daylight left.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Feb 25 2020, 07:08 PM
Al sighed and grabbed Naeleen with his free hand, then marched on after Gort. Ironically, as a dwarf who had also lived most of his life on the surface, he was just as happy to get out of the dark tunnel.

"So uh, where exactly are we going?" he asked after a moment.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Feb 25 2020, 07:16 PM
"Who knows!" Harvey groaned as he was having a hard time climbing due to his age, "Little help for an old man please!"

Miller helped Harvey to climb up out of the tunnel till they reached the surface.

"AH Sunshine! Fresh air!" he cheered.

"Finally!" grumbled Harvey trying to stand up.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Feb 25 2020, 07:33 PM
"We will go wherever we haven't been!" Gort said firmly as the group walked into the setting sun.

As the sun disappeared over the horizon, the Special Force™ entered a dark and quiet town. There was a long, narrow street which all the buildings faced. There was a sad looking Inn on the very edge of the town...

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Feb 25 2020, 07:58 PM
"Hmm..." wondered Harvey rubbing his beard, "This place looks familiar."

"Familiar?!" exclaimed Miller excitedly, "By Jove you're right! …What is that?"

"Because I think we've been here before." replied Harvey.

"Ooh! Deja vu!" admired Doodles.

"We're going around in circles again!" squawked Cranky.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Feb 26 2020, 06:00 AM
"Deja vu has been scientifically proven not to exist," Al flatly responded to Doodles, then added in Gort's direction, "I suppose we shall be staying at the inn again?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Mar 10 2020, 06:10 PM
But the birds interrupted.

"We disagree dwarf!" Cranky argued, "That ghost will haunt us again!"

"I know!" Doodles pointed out, "We walk south for the night!"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Mar 10 2020, 06:12 PM
Gort, who had been carrying the birds, proceeded to drop them and walk towards the inn.

"Have fun," he stated guided the drowsy Naeleen alongside him.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Mar 10 2020, 06:22 PM
"Hey! Where are you going? South is this way!" Doodles protested to the others.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Mar 10 2020, 06:26 PM
"I don't see any warm beds to the south," Al added, following Gort, "Beside, I need a place to sit down and remove these two nincompoops from my bag, before they resume their normal sizes and destroy it."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted Mar 10 2020, 06:36 PM
"Suit yourself!" called Cranky, "If you want to sleep in that building again and get spooked by ghosts, don't blame us!"

They were on their way for a few feet till they heard wolves howling in the distance.

"Though it would be better that way then get eaten for dinner!" Cranky recalled and he and Doodles ran back to the inn to rejoin the group.

"What a marvelous place this is!" admired Miller looking all over the inn, "I could just buy it!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Apr 02 2020, 08:11 AM
Seated within the tavern was lone man in grey and charcoal-dyed leather armor and a dark hood. He had numerous belts, buckles and straps around various parts of his body, some holding weapon sheathes or storage pouches, some seeming to have no purpose other than aesthetic. Spread out on the table in front of him was a fair-sized feast, enough to feed a small family, though the man was clearly alone.

"Good evening, travelers," he greeted in a pleasant tone, looking up, "The proprietors would like to welcome you to this fine establishment and offer you all the amenities it has to offer! Or at least, I assume they would, but I couldn't seem to find them no matter how hard I tried. The pantry seemed quite well-stocked though, so I took the liberty of preparing myself dinner... and well... guess I went a little overboard. Do come join me; I would hate for all this to go to waste."

Behind him, the fire was burning merrily, giving the room a somewhat inviting glow. Not that they hadn't all encountered this before, but the company was decidedly more outgoing this time.

"You made a three-course meal just for yourself?" Al deadpanned, noting the presence of bread, soup, meat, fruit and even some sort of pastries on a platter.

"Yes, rather silly of me, I know. It's just so dreadfully boring waiting for my partner here, so I got carried away while trying to pass the time..." the man shrugged.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 02 2020, 05:45 PM
"I thought people passed the time by fighting in great battles and wars," Naeleen said as she sat next to the man. Rather closely at that; she seemed to take a quick liking to him. "But I suppose being that everyone's already been killed here, food is the next best thing."

She then reached for one of the pastries.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Apr 03 2020, 02:04 PM
"Oh, and how do you know everyone here was killed?" the man questioned.

Al decided he was better off going upstairs to try and revive Ooqi and Summer than staying down here, so he wordlessly ascended to the upper level.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 04 2020, 04:36 PM
Naeleen took a big bite of the pastry, and with a mouthful replied, "I swear, this time I didn't do it."

"Naeleen, it's past your bedtime," Gort said.

"They were dead before we came here last time," she continued, "but they were alive when we came here the first time. And in the middle we were quite clearly in the middle of a counter revolution, so there's no possible way we could have been involved."

She took another bite of the pastry.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Apr 09 2020, 11:58 PM
"I see," the man replied nodding as though he somehow understood with Naeleen was talking about, "How recent were these visits here?"

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 12 2020, 09:39 AM
"It seems like years ago," Naeleen explained with much exaggeration, "But I think it was about 4 days. By the way, my birthday is this week!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Apr 13 2020, 09:36 AM
"Oh really? Well, happy birthday in advance then, young lass," the man in the hood said, "I can tell you have a bright future ahead of you."

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
Posted Apr 13 2020, 03:40 PM
Naeleen stopped suddenly and stared intensely, and suspiciously, into the man's eyes.

"Who told you?" she whispered.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted Apr 13 2020, 08:16 PM
"You did," the man answered, "Sometimes you can tell a lot about a person by just talking them for a minute or two."

He smirked.

"Well, that and the fact that you went for the pastries first," he added with a wink, "That's a mark of a rebel, and rebels are the ones who make something of themselves in life."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
Posted May 05 2020, 12:09 PM
"I didn't know that people who eat pastries become rebels!" Miller examined, "Has that happened to you before?"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
Posted May 08 2020, 08:43 PM
"I meant that she went for the dessert before her meal," the man replied.