Author Topic: Age of Retribution Part V: The "Special" Force  (Read 242386 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 05:48 PM
Summer's eyes went wide in surprised first, then she chuckled a little.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 05:51 PM
Doodles moaned loudly with his beak closed while being turned with the keyhole.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
  • Plausibly Deniable Assassin of the Operation
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:03 PM
There suddenly was a *click*, and the door opened slightly.

"Good bird!" Gort whispered as he let go of Doodles. He then cautiously walked into the room, which was filled with crates along with barrels.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:07 PM
"Oooooh!" groaned Doodles, "My beak."

"Have no idea your short beak would do the trick." Cranky said as the followed Gort.

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:07 PM
Summer had to duck so Naeleen wouldn't hit the doorframe.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:32 PM
Gort walked up to one of the crates, and was about to pry it open when he felt a blade to his back. He slowly turn around, where a masked figure motioned for him to drop the dagger. Gort did so, and then looked at the others.

"Did you guys see him coming?"

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:40 PM
"Who?" asked Cranky, "I don't see anybody. It's too dark."

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:50 PM
"Nooo..." Summer drawled.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 06:57 PM
The room was then filled with light, as several figures emerged with lanterns and swords. The one who was behind Gort then began to speak,

"You all have been looking where you shouldn't have."

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 07:32 PM
"Hey! What the heck is going here?" asked Doodles looking allover the room, "Is this a family reunion?"

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 20 2015, 07:33 PM
"You were leaving a door unlocked where you shouldn't have." Summer pointed-out innocently.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 21 2015, 06:32 AM
"Shut up!" the man shouted as he and two other men forced them up a staircase, which was hidden behind some stacked crates. They then found themselves in a large room, at the end of which sat a figure shrouded in darkness, who motioned them to come closer.

Meanwhile, Al and Ooqi had cautiously listened to the approaching footsteps, until they sounded extremely close. Ooqi raised his bow as he prepared to shoot at one of the three tunnels.
« Last Edit: Jul 21 2015, 06:42 AM by DeadJim »

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 21 2015, 10:42 AM
Summer waited for Gort, though at this point she lifted Naeleen off her shoulders and lowered her to the ground.

"Where's it coming from?" Al wondered, looking around.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 22 2015, 03:01 PM
Gort, who had no intention of going any closer, started glancing around the room.

"Already planning an escape route? I expected no less from you, Count Gortonias," the figure began, "though I expected your companions would be... older."

"I'll be nine soon!" Naeleen perked up, as she approached the figure, "I'm almost a grown-up! And when I'm a grown-up, I'm going to conquer the world, and have a day each year dedicated to fighting!"

"Yes," the figure stammered, "I'm... sure you'll do well..."

"Thank you!" Naeleen replied as she started wandering aimlessly around the room.

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 22 2015, 09:22 PM
"You know Mr. Gort?" Summer asked the figure.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 23 2015, 07:05 AM
"I've heard of the great Count Gortonias," the figure explained, "he was the best commander of the Westinburg legions, and a great war hero. I'm just hoping that he will again be willing to fight for the monarchy."

"The monarchy?" Gort questioned, "The monarchy is dead, along with the Westinburg bloodline."

"That, dear Count, is where you are mistaken. King Phillip had heirs to the thrown; heirs that he sent away at the start of the rebellion. They still survive today, and are willing to fight to restore the Westinburg Monarchy!"

"That won't be an easy task, considering the Vensians still have a strong foothold on the region."

"Would you want it to be easy?"

"Probably not." Gort smiled.

"I found biscuits!" Naeleen yelled from the other side of the room.

Al and Ooqi stood silent for a few more moments, until the footsteps suddenly stopped.

"This is ridiculous!" Ooqi said with disgust, "I'm going to go after whatever that is!"

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 23 2015, 08:17 AM
"Did we just go from being captured to being offered a job?" Summer asked, looking a tad confused.

"I'll be right behind you." Al offered.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 23 2015, 01:09 PM
"Now just listen to me, Buster!" Cranky snapped at the figure, "I don't know who you are or what's your business, but we don't have time to deal with you guys!"

"He's absolutely right, sir." Doodles agreed, "Who do you think you are anyway?"
« Last Edit: Jul 23 2015, 02:47 PM by Shawnex »

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 23 2015, 05:39 PM
"Who I am is not important. What is important, is what we are about to do. We are going to bring peace, stability, and loyalty back by restoring the Westinburg Monarchy!"

"How inspirational..." Gort muttered under his breath.

After debating which tunnel to enter, Ooqi decided to go into one on the left. He had been walking for a few minutes, before he suddenly lost his footing.

"Whaaaa!" he screamed as he started to fall down a shaft.

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 23 2015, 08:58 PM
"Who's we?" Summer asked.

Al reached out to grab Ooqi, only to get pulled down the shaft with him.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 24 2015, 07:03 AM
The figure stood up and proudly stated,

"We are the Royal Knights of the Silver Crest! The keepers of peace, the defenders of Westinburg, and the guards of the most royal heirs of the Westinburg throne!"

As he was speaking, a dozen knights in roughly made armor emerged from the shadows. They formed two columns, one on either side of the room. They faced each other, while holding their swords at attention, forming an aisle down the middle.

Their fall was broken by a pool of water at the bottom of the shaft. It was actually more like a river, with a steady current leading them through a dark cavern.

"This wasn't a good idea!" Ooqi coughed as his head emerged from the water.
« Last Edit: Apr 26 2020, 04:09 PM by DeadJim »

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 24 2015, 05:28 PM
There was an awkward silence for what seemed like... well way too long. Then a teenaged girl with reddish-brown hair wearing ornate robes came into view. She started strolling elegantly through the knights, before stopping and looking back.

"Hey! Where'd you go?"

She turned around and ungracefully dashed back into wherever she had just come from and out of sight. There was the sound of some yelling back and forth, then the girl reappeared, this time in the company of a boy of the same age with similar facial features and the same hair color. They both now strode arrogantly through the knights, before the boy stepped on the girl's dress, causing her to trip and almost faceplant into the floor (luckily she caught herself before she smashed her little face).

"OW! You did that on purpose!" she yelled at him, getting back up.

"Did not!" the boy snapped back.

"Please children; let us not keep our guests waiting." an exasperated-looking attendant pleaded from behind them.

The two kids exchanged angry glares, then continued toward the group. Once in front of Gort, Summer and the birds, the attendant introduced them.

"May I present Prince Phillip II and Princess Philomena of the Westinburg family." the man announced with an officious voice.

Now that they were in better light, Gort got a good look at their faces. They looked like the spitting image of their father, almost frighteningly so. Gort had known Phillip and his wife to some degree before the revolution, though he'd never seen their children until now. Perhaps his memory was faded, but they seemed to bear no resemblance to their mother at all. It could've been something to do with King Phillip's court wizard. Phillip was an absurdly vain man, and it wouldn't seem at all out-of-character for him to have had his court wizard somehow try to magically influence the children in the womb to take on only his physical traits...

...No wonder the Westinburg monarchy fell.

"Well, it was your idea." Al muttered from behind Ooqi.

Offline Shawnex

• Redshirt
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 24 2015, 08:44 PM
"Wait..." Doodles started, "If those children are a prince and a princess, then, does that mean that you're a king?"

Offline Tyler294

• Global Moderator
  • Epic Role Player
  • Ty Fighter Pilot
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 25 2015, 09:10 AM
"Oh no no no. I am merely the loyal servant of their royal highnesses." the attendant replied.

"I think the king is dead." Summer whispered to Doodles.

Offline DeadJim

• Role Player
The "Special" Force
Posted Jul 25 2015, 10:08 AM
After being taken aback by their extreme similarities to their father, Gort regained his composure and knelt on one knee before the the pair.

"My sword is yours." he said as he bowed his head.

"Well they can't have my flail!" Naeleen pouted as she crossed her arms.

The river was still underground, with no land or platforms for Al or Ooqi to climb onto. So they floated along for several minutes, until a faint rumbling sound could be heard.

"Wha... what's that?" Ooqi stuttered.