Author Topic: OOC - The House of Dawnbreaker  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
OOC - The House of Dawnbreaker
Posted Aug 13 2015, 12:35 PM
-The House of Dawnbreaker-
A real estate drama.

------------------------------

Hey all, here's the official out of character discussion thread for all chat or questions pertaining to The House of Dawnbreaker RP. It probably won't see much use, since we all just talk via Steam, but it's here anyway for reference purposes and if you have something to say or ask and no one else is online.

---Author Q&A/Rules/Info---

1. While this RP does have a more-or-less primary GM(Yours truly), everyone is still allowed and encouraged to create NPCs or side characters, or start their own mini-plots. The main plot won't be on-rails, it'll still be in the hands of the characters. As long as your mini-plots/NPCs/Villains don't exist purely to contradict or override the other goings-ons, they're all good.

2. As I said, creating NPCs and villains are totally fine, as are creating locations and businesses and such. Though there are some guidelines on that, such as don't create a person or organization for the exclusive purpose of helping your main character in an overly convenient manner. Not that I've really seen that often, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

3. If you're worrying about screwing up the main plot by starting your own things - stop worrying. The main plot is very flexible at this point. Though if you're still worrying about it, or are just hesitant, just talk to me via Steam and we'll work something out. It's not a hindrance at all for other people to control major NPCs or subplots, it'll likely make the RP better, so don't be afraid you're stepping on my toes or anything.

4. There's no character per author limit, nor are there time constraints. Just have as many characters you want, be that number one, or ten, or beyond. Just be careful because things can get more difficult if you have too many. I've found three is a pretty nice number, just so you'll be able to react to things in different ways and such.

5. Don't worry about the tone, mood, or seriousness/silliness too much. While the opening posts may seem like it's setting up something foreboding and serious and realistic, I have no idea what this RP will morph into over time, but I'm quite willing to let it be its own thing.

6. Nulsa isn't totally mapped out yet, aside from the major locations of the main gate, the main upward road, the Overwatch, the bazaar, the lighthouse, the town centre, and of course, The House, it's still somewhat vague. I intend to make a map eventually, perhaps sooner rather than later if people get confused, but everyone does have some degree of freedom over locations and such within city walls.

7. When in doubt, buzz me via Steam. Or if it's not a secret just post here. Or whatever, I'm usually pretty reachable.

8. I'll probably add to this a bit more as things come up, atm people are wanting me to wrap this up and get the show on the road.

---Setting information---

1. The world is the Gateway planet, 21 years after The Battle and the Gates closed.

2. Most of the world is still anarchy.

3. This RP primarily takes place within the coastal City of Nulsa, which is a mini self-run society of sorts, as the world has no primary government or countries. The City itself has existed for some decades before the Gates closed, though it's advancing more rapidly now that the world is calming down a bit.

4. Since there is no national currency, Nulsa has its own - however real coins have inherent value and can be exchanged for Nulsa currency, and items can be traded or sold.

5. The most common way in and out of the city is by the train, so that's a good way to introduce outsider characters.

6. The general look and feel of the buildings and city are of an old west vibe.

7. The Confederate Republic is currently in its infancy, some 1-2 hundred miles South.

8. More will likely be added.

Alright then! Any questions or discussions, sound off here or on Steam, I'll get to them eventually.

« Last Edit: Aug 13 2015, 05:13 PM by Garyn Dakari »

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Aug 13 2015, 10:45 PM
So a new day, a new Dawn.

See what I did there?

Or more specifically, Day 1. 8 authors, 3 pages(If I may take a moment to rub that in, Mr. It Won't Happen. K, moment taken, I'm good).

Some more random stats from Day 1:

10 characters were introduced.

Of those 10 characters, 4 are female, 6 are male.

At least 5 are red-heads.

2 came to Nulsa by motorcycle. 3 were there already. 5 came by train.

Natalie's first post had multiple matching 'mix-matched' sentences on each end.

That last sentence made very little sense, you'll have to look at it yourself.

The last time we had as many as 8 active authors in one RP was early 2011, with the first and failed attempt at Episode III. Half of those original eight are still here.

And finally, for the first time in Dawnbreaker history, the gender ratio among authors is 1:1.

So, yeah, stuff. Big thanks to everyone for showing up and posting! I think it'll shape up to be a fine RP.

« Last Edit: Aug 14 2015, 12:51 AM by Garyn Dakari »

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Aug 14 2015, 01:28 AM
If not, feel free to blame Chris! ;)

Nulsa clearly is an Irish city in any case...

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Feb 17 2016, 11:09 PM
*Blasts the dust off the thread with a can of compressed air*

Ah, that's much better. Does anyone look to this thread for update, I ask myself? Ah, senile Garyn, you should be asking someone else, not yourself; yourself makes for dull conversation, after all.

Say then, Other People, namely Bethany, Mercy, Tyler, and perhaps Olivia(Because I can never get you all on Steam at the same time), what are you wanting to do in the next scene? Barring a few unnecessary "Character X followed Character Y to Location Z" posts, the current scene appears to have reached its end and it is time for a change. What shall that change be? If you have no scene-ideas, just go with what your character would do.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Feb 19 2016, 12:55 PM
Hob would just drive the three ladies back to the city and drop them off wherever it is that they go... then go back to wherever it is that he goes to.

Karl's scene is obviously paused, so I'm just waiting on that to unpause.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Feb 26 2016, 03:43 PM
I suggest that Ada and Eponine, and possibly Hobb and/or Olivia's chars, go visit the uncle Eponine mentioned previously.

--

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Feb 26 2016, 05:36 PM
I can have him drive them there to drop them off, but he likely won't go out of his way to meet the uncle since he thinks Ada and Eponine are crazy.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Mar 08 2016, 10:53 PM
Crazy is as crazy does.

--