Author Topic: New here, experienced roleplayer  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Madison Parker

• Redshirt
New here, experienced roleplayer
Posted Nov 22 2015, 02:38 AM
Hi all, I'm Madison Parker, 22 yrs old. I've been doing since I was 10. I have experience in several system rpgs as well as experience with pbp diceless free form. My favorite types of games are those with one or more of the following elements...

1)superhero
2)military
3)police drama
4)sci-fi
5)medieval fantasy
6)zombie apocalypse
7)Gothic horror
8)dungeon crawling
9)high magic
10)futuristic
11)modern real world setting

I'll update this periodically. Don't be shy I don't bite, well unless you want me to.

Offline Tyler294

• Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
Posted Nov 22 2015, 08:35 AM
Hi there. Welcome to Forge.

As the designated jerk of the site, the first thing I'll do is point out that you posted this thread twice. ;)

Anyway, we've had RPs with elements of pretty much everything you have there, in some form or another. None of the current RPs are open to new members, but there's always a few people willing to start new ones. As of right now there's about nine active members, with maybe five of those being around on a daily basis.

That is, of course, if you make it through the initiation ritual, which involves hours in solitary, death-defying obstacle courses, painful sessions of torture, brainwashing you to like mustard more than ketchup, and a very, very long application form...

...Or you can just talk to the moderators and they'll point you in the right direction.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Nov 22 2015, 11:48 AM
Moderators, what moderators? Oh, you dirty snake ratted us out...

Well, no point hiding anymore then - As the designated Guru Guy of the site, the first second thing I'll do is say, Welcome to the site!

Like the Milkman said, we're somewhat versed in all the genres you listed there(With sci fi, magic, futuristic, fantasy being the most prevalent) - as for the systems, we're mainly a free-form diceless site, but recently we introduced a very simple d6 die rolling system into combat or action scenes, so you could say we've got a bit of both there as well.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Aeliss Novak

• Doughnut
  • Global Moderator
  • Role Player
  • The Glorious Brain of the Operation
Posted Nov 22 2015, 01:52 PM
Like the Milkman said, we're somewhat versed in all the genres you listed there(With sci fi, magic, futuristic, fantasy being the most prevalent) - as for the systems, we're mainly a free-form diceless site, but recently we introduced a very simple d6 die rolling system into combat or action scenes, so you could say we've got a bit of both there as well.

All that said, if you wanted to GM a new RP with a more complicated system most of us at least would probably be up for that.

As the designated jerk of the site, the first thing I'll do is point out that you posted this thread twice. ;)

Don't mind him, for he is senile and sees things.

Anyhow, Welcome to Forge!

--
Milestones are important, because they remind us that no matter how far we've come, we will never convert to the metric system!

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
Posted Nov 22 2015, 03:19 PM
All that said, if you wanted to GM a new RP with a more complicated system most of us at least would probably be up for that.

Speak for yourself, not everyone here's brain is as glorious as yours.

--
You can't survive on one cookie every two days.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
Posted Nov 22 2015, 09:17 PM
As the resident kitsune of the site... I must be the one to say...

--
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman