Author Topic: The Dawnbreaker Debate  (Read 43641 times)

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 03:29 PM
Killroy shifted uncomfortably in is seat.

"Mr. Gatekeeper, you can speak now."

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 04:00 PM
The Gatekeeper very slowly brought a gloved hand up to the left side of his mask and pressed his index finger to a spot on it, upon doing so a strained breathing could be heard echoing slightly in the room. He then spoke in a partially-robotic voice;

"Scan the planet. Find them. Destroy them. Eradicate all who stand with them."

He retracted his finger and the strained sound stopped.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 05:05 PM
"Aaaaalright then." Killroy figured that was the end of the Gatekeeper's answer, before turning his attention to the Assailant who was standing at the next podium, "Mr. Assailant, some have questioned your reliability and decision-making in the past. Why should the citizens of America be trustin' you with command of the military?"

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 06:01 PM
    "Excellent question, Roy. I think the American people will trust me because I've fought through and survived almost every battle scenario you could think of. Robot legions, undead warriors, demons from hell, democrats, you name it, I've shot it. And when the going gets tough, you can bet I'll have what it takes to see our people through it. A couple hundred years ago I was involved in a battle where the universe was at stake, and just when things were at their worst, I kamikaze'd a ship the side of a planet into a fleet of ships. If that's not dedication I don't know what is. I did it once before, and I'm willing to do it again. Only this time, it'll be for America."
    The Assailant replied, gesticulating for emphasis when necessary, and when not, including shaping his hands like space ships and ramming them into each other.

« Last Edit: Mar 15 2016, 06:03 PM by Garyn Dakari »

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 06:06 PM
The Gatekeeper slowly panned his head toward the Assailant and watched his little demonstration, his eyes narrowing at the mention of the planet-sized ship.

The Director meanwhile seemed to have fallen asleep standing up... somehow.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 06:25 PM
The crowd offered a confused, but reasonable applause at that spiel.

"Thank ye, sir." Killroy nodded, not understanding half of what those things were, being a medieval fellow and all, then turned to the next candidate, who happened to be sleeping, "Director, ye lead a large organization based 'ere in Wyoming, but many have called the Operation a terrorist organization itself. What would ye say tuh those people and should they be believin' ye'll protect America from terrorist threats both within and without?"

« Last Edit: Mar 15 2016, 06:31 PM by MilkSnake »

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 06:38 PM
The Director awoke at his name being called and heard the rest of the question and was immediately offended.

"Wat? You dare to stand there and call all these cells of people 'terrorists'?! Well I got news for ya buddy: There can be only ONE terrorist cell in this soon-to-be nuclear wasteland, and that is THE OPERATION! All these other so-called terrorists don't know the meaning of the word terrorism! They go out there with their pants sagging at their ankles, RPGs and LMGs and go blowing up monuments and stuff before they are ready for the scrutiny that comes with being TERRORISTS. Back in my day - which is today - you built yourself up before you challenge somebody bigger than you, and then when you hit him, and he goes to hit you, he breaks his damn hand! And THAT is what The Operation is gonna do when we take over - er, are democratically elected officials of America!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 06:40 PM
The crowd... well half the crowd... specifically the half of the crowd that were bribed by the Operation... let out a resounding cheer and gave the Director a stand ovation.

Killroy raised an eyebrow, before looking to his colleagues to see if they had any questions lined-up.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 15 2016, 10:39 PM
Krystal actually decided to speak up.
"If I may," she said. "I actually have a question for the Gatekeeper myself."

--
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 16 2016, 06:49 AM
"In a moment, lass. Ye can ask yer question as part of your response when we get tuh ye." Killroy replied.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 16 2016, 11:09 PM
    Glink stood up in her chair. "I have a question for Krystal!"

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 17 2016, 07:57 PM
"Go ahead lass." Killroy nodded at Glink.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 18 2016, 07:00 AM
    "What was the question you wanted to ask the Gatekeeper?"

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 18 2016, 08:46 AM
The Director facepalmed.

"Is this a sanctioned panel?" he muttered.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 18 2016, 11:00 AM
"Um... who's going first? Because I'm now confused as to who's talking to who..." Krystal said. "Meh... GK... you are the ruler of an empire that spans at least one galaxy right? Isn't President of one nation on one planet a bit of a Demotion for you?"

--
That little mutant Stromboli snuck up on me! GAH... functified again! -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 18 2016, 02:00 PM
The Gatekeeper raised his chin very slightly, perhaps taking offense to Krystal's statement. Or maybe he took it as a compliment. Either way, he once more brought a finger to his mask.

"Yes."

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 18 2016, 04:18 PM
"Right then." Killroy took-over again, "Commander Johnson, yer critics say ye tend to live in the past, perhaps to an excessive degree. What do ye say to those critics and to the public to assure them yer administration would be beneficial to the future and not just be dwellin' in the past?" "

« Last Edit: Mar 19 2016, 11:56 AM by MilkSnake »

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 12:06 PM
"I may have drawn a lot of comparisons to things I've encountered in the past, but that's only because I had nothing else to compare what I've encountered to. Kinda hard when you're facing things from a universe you knew nothing about," Krystal replied. "Its only through our experiences that we can learn. And frankly, those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. People may not have liked me because of it, but I can't just forget or throw away what made me who I am today as a person. I'm only Human. Flaws and everything. My experiences as a combat pilot helped keep me alive, even after I became a Freelancer."

--

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 03:56 PM
"You and every other one of your 3.14 billion self-copies..." the Director mused toward the end of Krystal's statement.

Offline Garyn Dakari

• Overlord
  • Dedicated Role Player
  • Garyn of Dakari
    • Garyn_Dakari
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 04:09 PM
    "Could you be more precise, Mr. Director?" Glink piped up, "Is it three billion, one hundred and forty-one million, five hundred and ninety two thousand, six hundred and fifty three, by any chance?"

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 05:11 PM
Krystal had a confused look on her face.

--

Offline JA-394

• Dedicated Role Player
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 06:37 PM
The Director also looked a tad confused.

The Gatekeeper meanwhile had resumed his all-encompassing stare at the audience, presuming himself to be finished.

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 06:48 PM
Most of the audience looked a tad confused as well, minus the ones who weren't paying attention who seemed more amused than confused.

An awkward silence ensued.

Offline Rattler

• Dedicated Role Player
  • The Fox
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 07:45 PM
Krystal took a drink from her water bottle.
"Well... that was awkward..." she said. "Next?"

--

Offline Tyler294

• Game Master
  • Epic Role Player
  • The Default User
The Dawnbreaker Debate
Posted Mar 19 2016, 07:52 PM
"Miss Eleanor." Lydianna spoke up, taking over for Killroy for a moment, "You clearly are not old enough to be qualified to be President. How do you expect to win if you are not allowed to run?"